kick it off

Norwich vs Huddersfield - OFFICIAL MATCH THREAD

Good away win, 3 points, clean sheet, Pukki looking fit and a bit sharper - just needs a goal or two. Idah goal.

Lots of positives to take from that, got a lot of work to do but its a start.

OTBC! 

• Like 2

Get in. Great win. We will gain a lot of confidence  from that. Could have been more especially with two not given pens

Good and solid win. Not the best performance by any stretch, but never looked in danger of conceding which made a nice change. 

Skipp was superb - my motm.

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

And you know it.

Nothing to do with Skippy, everything to do with the pathetic flack Todd gets..

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Good away win, 3 points, clean sheet, Pukki looking fit and a bit sharper - just needs a goal or two. Idah goal.

Lots of positives to take from that, got a lot of work to do but its a start.

OTBC! 

This

Great to get that win, definitely better second half, nice to see Idah get that goal.

Look at the stats too and its a game we have dominated. Two penalty decisions not given, Could have been more clear cut.

Whilst not a scintillating performance and the fact that we'll face many tougher tests throughout the season, i'll just say that we looked solid throughout, no real problems caused by Huddersfield and it's nice to see our defence holding it's shape and defending well when called upon.

Onwards and upwards! 

• Like 1

Fortunate with the poor backpass but Farke had brought an extra forward on so we could take full advantage. Good to see the defensive solidity was there. Just need to get that link up play sorted up front as we didnt create many good chances at all. Emi coming back will be a huge, huge benefit.

Pros- Away win, clean sheet and for once I did not feel we were at any real danger of being scored against which feels very strange given our last season. Could the prem hangover be over before it begins?

Cons- As much as we did have lots of attacking chances, we still seem very wasteful and off target in the box. Still cant shoot straight and we required an error to score against a team with one of the worst defensive records in this leauge.

• Confused 1

Not been the explosive performance I'd hoped for, but grinding out a win when you're not at your best is the sign of Champions.

Thought we controlled the 2nd half and ran out deserved winners. We looked fairly solid at the back. Despite some "morons" calling for subs, it was a sub that won the game.

3 points, on the road, first game of the season. Main positives for me were defensively, we looked much stronger and taller(!) and fought for the aerial balls and still had pace on the floor to deal with the counter attacks. Also great to see Xavi on corners, deliveries into the box were SO MUCH better. Pukki still looks a bit short on confidence but set up Idah very unselfishly, lots of positives to take away. I can accept a bit of a disjointed attacking performance considering the stupid international break truncating a lot of training time for the players to spend together.

• Like 1

Fully deserved and with a little less hesitation in front of goal would have been a bigger win. Pukki so deserved a goal and his movement was on another level at times. 

Just now, kirku said:

Nothing to do with Skippy, everything to do with the pathetic flack Todd gets..

In general  I'd agree, he gets a lot of unfair shoite, I just happened to think he was ineffective today. I'm a Todd defender usually. 

20 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Is call that a Cantwell assist, as the poor sod was concussed! 

Todd Cantwell - the new hard man of the Championship. 😉