kick it off

Norwich vs Huddersfield - OFFICIAL MATCH THREAD

Felt like we controlled the game without actually dominating, kept them at arms length but didn't massively look like doing anything ourselves. Nonetheless a solid base to build off, and if Buendia is back in the side we will certainly look more creative. Also thought Pukki looked much better when he had Idah alongside him occupying the CBs.

Just now, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

A shout out for Quintillá - we didn't miss Lewis at all and his corners were dangerous. A good start.

OTBC

A wand of a left foot

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

So, what is there to moan about now the losing streak is over? Hmm, my moneys on Mclean

Good shout as he adds literally nothing to our midfield and missed a perfect chance on top of that.

Just look at the difference between him and Skipp who's only been at the club a couple of weeks ffs.

We need someone better alongside Skipp to increase our creativity and passing options, the obvious one being Vrancic, but I'd like to see what Sorenson can offer as well.

Either way, McLean should be on the bench at best.

5 minutes ago, kirku said:

Nothing to do with Skippy, everything to do with the pathetic flack Todd gets..

This nonsense does us no favours RE: trying to get him to sign a new contract here.

Time for people to leave the fella alone and embrace him for what he is. 

He is to Norwich what Fernado Torres was to Athletico Madrid. 

Show Todd some love, lets persuade him to tie himself down until 2024! 

We saw today what the Championship Cantwell is.... its Dowell... and yeah he looks OK, but he's not on Cantwell's level. 

Yes Cantwell is a bit annoying on social media. Easy answer to that, unfollow him, enjoy his football... he's good at it. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

25 more wins and we should be home and dry😉

Whoa, it’s come to that... ditching your trusty old 10 games + Xmas prediction  stages!. 😋

Just now, repman said:

Felt like we controlled the game without actually dominating, kept them at arms length but didn't massively look like doing anything ourselves. Nonetheless a solid base to build off, and if Buendia is back in the side we will certainly look more creative. Also thought Pukki looked much better when he had Idah alongside him occupying the CBs.

Agree. The two up front changed the shape and created two or three chances. Maybe they can get an understanding?

11 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Skipp has been our best player ...the whole match.Godfrey and  Zimbo excellent  too.

Thought Max was our standout player..........

Our first win with no fans. Hopefully the players will now get used to it. I thought we totally dominated the game without creating an awful lot, but that's because Huddersfield were set up to press and deny the space. Cantwell and Skipp both excellent and Pukki looked sharp when he got near the ball. Just having Gibson on the bench made Godfrey and Zimmermann better players.

VAR would have seen Cantwell sent off for the elbow. 

Let's now go a load of consecutive wins to counteract the previous awful run.......

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tired said:

We're 7th as things stand

So much for being a top 26 club 😡

I’ve always said we should change our name to AAANorwich City FC

Just now, Mark .Y. said:

Thought Max was our standout player..........

Max and Godfrey looked very good, lets hope thescouts aren't watching.

Dowell always trying to make something happen and worked hard, needs to work hard on the weighting of his passes though, intent was there but delivery wasn't. Got potential though. 

3 minutes ago, Indy_Bones said:

Good shout as he adds literally nothing to our midfield and missed a perfect chance on top of that.

Just look at the difference between him and Skipp who's only been at the club a couple of weeks ffs.

We need someone better alongside Skipp to increase our creativity and passing options, the obvious one being Vrancic, but I'd like to see what Sorenson can offer as well.

Sad.

1 minute ago, paul moy said:

VAR would have seen Cantwell sent off for the elbow. 

Let's now go a load of consecutive wins to counteract the previous awful run.......

Would have been a goal up from the stonewall penalty.

• Like 2

Just now, Ian said:

Sad.

I thought McLean was quite poor today, hopefully just a bit of nerves that he can shake off. Messed up the best break of the game.

1 minute ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Nah... VAR does not see anything stonewall unless you are a top six prem team....

That's big. Ending the 12 losing streak - we suddenly looked so much more dangerous after that first goal went in. Clean sheet.

Where art thou Keith?!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

2 stonewall pens, no red card for Todd. VAR would've, should've, could've..

Just now, lharman7 said:

Skipp my MoM

Skipp covers the back 4 very well and for a 19 year old has pretty exceptional reading of the game if that match is anything to go by.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Indy_Bones said:

What you should now do is spend half a day reviewing the video of that match and watch what McLean does, because you're clearly missing it in real time. Then you would find out why Skipp looked so good on his debut, and why our centre backs were so untroubled today. On the three occasions when Skipp was left stranded upfield and out of position, have a look at who it was who covered that space.

• Like 2

So important  to get a win on the first outing of the season. Felt had VAR been used then we’d have had two penalties today, the handball and the one on Aaron’s which the ref is right in front of and was clear cut. Thought Aaron’s was superb, really hope he’s still here after the window closes 

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

I thought McLean was quite poor today, hopefully just a bit of nerves that he can shake off. Messed up the best break of the game.

Thought McLean pressed and cleaned up quite well in the centre alongside Skipp. I don't think anyone looked particularly amazing going forward in terms of sharpness, we should really have won that by several goals in the end.

That said, a bit of rustiness and nerves are to be expected, so getting a clean sheet and a win is a really good result.

Just sad the first thing some fans can do after a winning start is slag off McLean. Special shout out to the ref, who I thought missed the most blatant pen against Aarons you will see all season.

Onwards and upwards, OTBC.

• Like 1

Overall very pleased with the result. 

Thought once we completely dominated we could have up the ante like we did late on which brought the goal. But I guess the result was the most important early doors as the style and tactics will emerge as the games progress.

Shocking refereeing once again. Stonewall penalty and a great block tackle from Dowell. Idah booked for a shirt pull but nothing for Stearman as he tries to break Idah's leg trying to makeup for his error.

Aarons MOTM for me.

3 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

What you should now do is spend half a day reviewing the video of that match and watch what McLean does, because you're clearly missing it in real time. Then you would find out why Skipp looked so good on his debut, and why our centre backs were so untroubled today. On the three occasions when Skipp was left stranded upfield and out of position, have a look at who it was who covered that space.

Don't waste your time; none so blind as those who will not see. I think Hugill is terrible, but I will be the first to hold my hands up when he (hopefully) does well. Some people however, have a preconceived idea and the thought it might be wrong cannot be accepted, under any circumstance.

Didn't see McLean covering the back as @sgncfc suggested, but that is why I am not a scout and just a fan. What I did pick up on was his poor quality passing and decision making in the final third. Didn't Farke say that he was to lead from the front and attacking in his mindset. Crikey, if so, we are in trouble. I like McLean, quality in the air, always feel he is nailed on to win a header and a "good engine". Just don't think he covered himself in glory today.

Though Cantwell, Skipp and Hernandez stood out, Aarons good, Zimm and Godfrey untroubled.