Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
non-scoring strikers

The FA Carling Premiership

Recommended Posts

Was rebranded to the Premier League in 2001. 19 years ago. 

No wonder nodge fans have a reputation for being a bit slow on the uptake. 

Unless of course most of you on this fine forum have been referring to the Scottish Premiership. Or Premiership Rugby. 

Have a lovely weekend! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sorry for not following the corporate rebranding. It is of course, the most important thing in the world that we follow the diktats of PR firms at all times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is indeed the Premier League, but a lot of people, not just our fans, still call it the Premiership (which the Rugby and SPL are called).  As to following some ‘corporate’ thing, the ‘Premier League’ makes more sense as a name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

It is indeed the Premier League, but a lot of people, not just our fans, still call it the Premiership (which the Rugby and SPL are called).  As to following some ‘corporate’ thing, the ‘Premier League’ makes more sense as a name.

Not even denying that, just that policing how people refer to a league on a messageboard is ridiculous and seems to me to be a strange case of obsessing over whatever random decision was made on the whiteboard of an advertising firm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, non-scoring strikers said:

Was rebranded to the Premier League in 2001. 19 years ago. 

No wonder nodge fans have a reputation for being a bit slow on the uptake. 

Unless of course most of you on this fine forum have been referring to the Scottish Premiership. Or Premiership Rugby. 

Have a lovely weekend! 

1/10. Jesus wept, that was a really poor effort. Try adding humour to your trolling if you can. Raise your game or find another forum.

OTBC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

1/10. Jesus wept, that was a really poor effort. Try adding humour to your trolling if you can. Raise your game or find another forum.

OTBC

Got me to foolishly react though so it wasn't a wasted effort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...