Sign in to follow this  
Rhino1

Let it go

Don’t always agree with MR Freezer in his comments in the pink un, headed “let it go”  - for once totally aligned. Those Farke slayers should go back down memory lane Roeder, Grant and others to see what it could be like, no comparison. Those with longer memories of so called leaders of this club e.g “South”. So get a grip and get behind your team, this will be regarded as a very strong era for the club, with great values and excellent personalities! 

• Like 2

I'm not one of those losing my mind over this losing run but to be fair to those who are it is pretty horrendous for a club our size and to me at least it reads more like the anger is more directed to the owners than Farke as in no other board/ceo etc would have stuck with the manager this long and that it's a reflection of their naivety and of being to accepting of failure or whatever. Not that I agree, but that seems to be the issue, instead of people wanting Farke sacked over it. 

Hopefully we get a resounding win today and we can all move on from this depressing period. 

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann

Just need some perspective. The football and experiences we have had over last few years, and owners that are very genuine supporters - would be the envy of 75% of teams. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rhino1 said:

Just need some perspective. The football and experiences we have had over last few years, and owners that are very genuine supporters - would be the envy of 75% of teams. 

But not the 25% that some people want us to be , you know those 'big' clubs ... the ones that  spend spend spend. 

We are very fortunate  that  we are who we are , where we are .

• Like 1

Put simply, this is a new season, with new players and a fresh start. It may take a few weeks to get the team to be at their best as new players settle and the team as a whole adapt to the championship, so stuff the run we have been on, it is in the past. If we do lose today, or have a poor first few weeks, so be it - it took us a while to click two seasons ago yet we rose to the top quite quickly once we did find our form.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Put simply, this is a new season, with new players and a fresh start. It may take a few weeks to get the team to be at their best as new players settle and the team as a whole adapt to the championship, so stuff the run we have been on, it is in the past. If we do lose today, or have a poor first few weeks, so be it - it took us a while to click two seasons ago yet we rose to the top quite quickly once we did find our form.

Exactly. We'll also have the issue that we will be a scalp and teams will be especially motivated against us early on with fresh legs, but I definitely expect our strength in depth to really show in the second half of the season. Unless we get the mother of all injury crises again, at which point we probably need to ask questions of the medical / sports science department.

We started quite badly when we won it last time, got pumped by Leeds, sneaked a couple of wins out, got very unlucky against Stoke in losing 0-1 at home, then everything clicked into place.

I was the opposite of impressed by those latter-day PL performances, and thought Farke looked like he needed some ‘help’ (in the Lambert sense).

Hopefully a summer break, refreshed outlook, new season project, and lots of new faces/options will be that help. (And the chance of actually winning a game or two once we start.) Reasons to be positive on balance, despite the damage that run will have done, & acknowledging the history/stats which are stacked against an immediate PL return.

Zooming out, though, I’m so proud (call me clappy) that  the club is ignoring the noise and actually implementing a structured , long-term view and plan. 

• Like 1

So Farke & Freezer saying that fans don't know what they're looking at or talking about,  losing twelve games in a row without adjusting tactics doesn't matter.

I personally find it slightly jarring when Farke regularly says that fans don't know anything about football. 

I will find it interesting to monitor Freezer's articles and tone as the season progresses, it appears that Farke isn't changing playing style so we can expect the same as last season. 

23 minutes ago, Number9 said:

So Farke & Freezer saying that fans don't know what they're looking at or talking about,  losing twelve games in a row without adjusting tactics doesn't matter.

I personally find it slightly jarring when Farke regularly says that fans don't know anything about football. 

I will find it interesting to monitor Freezer's articles and tone as the season progresses, it appears that Farke isn't changing playing style so we can expect the same as last season. 

Farke regularly says that fans don’t know anything about football?

4 hours ago, Rhino1 said:

Don’t always agree with MR Freezer in his comments in the pink un, headed “let it go”  - for once totally aligned. Those Farke slayers should go back down memory lane Roeder, Grant and others to see what it could be like, no comparison. Those with longer memories of so called leaders of this club e.g “South”. So get a grip and get behind your team, this will be regarded as a very strong era for the club, with great values and excellent personalities! 

If meant Chase not south, older fans will remember that nightmare 

“Let it go” suits those in the upper echelons of the club rather nicely doesn’t it. Gloss over their wretched failure last season, clean slate etc.

if we do well then fine, happy to let it go but if we are not right up there challenging all season and if we do not ultimately get promoted then I won’t “let it go.” This was the strategy after all.

farke won’t be the target of my anger though. That said if he can’t get this squad challenging for promotion then he too will have failed 

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

Farke regularly says that fans don’t know anything about football?

His press conferences are quite public, he's said a few times about supporters and more than once about the journos.

Most on this forum don't tend to listen to what he says or look at the game results though for some reason. 

1 hour ago, Number9 said:

He’s largely right. It’s so much more complicated than just the 90 minutes that the likes of you and I see. There’s a lot of stuff that we don’t even remotely have a clue about. So I think it’s a fair comment, and I would guess the only people offended by that are armchair managers.

34 minutes ago, Number9 said:

His press conferences are quite public, he's said a few times about supporters and more than once about the journos.

Most on this forum don't tend to listen to what he says or look at the game results though for some reason. 

I think that many fans take what he says out of context because they are determined to be offended

8 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

I think that many fans take what he says out of context because they are determined to be offended

It's hardly out of context if you consider the whole of what he has said, his answering to the questions at that time and the way he repeatedly said it.

And it doesn't offend me, it just makes me question his management ability. 

You don't offend me either 😁

33 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

He’s largely right. It’s so much more complicated than just the 90 minutes that the likes of you and I see. There’s a lot of stuff that we don’t even remotely have a clue about. So I think it’s a fair comment, and I would guess the only people offended by that are armchair managers.

That's true. We don't know anything about what happens at Colney or in the players lives. But we watch them play their 90 minutes and that's how we judge everything because that's all we can know. Farke is wrong to say that fans don't understand what they are looking at - lots of them do, but without knowing what the players have been told to do it's impossible to understand whether they are doing it well or badly. McLean is a great example of this - to most fans he is a solid, workmanlike, uninspiring, not particularly creative midfielder. To Farke he is the complete footballer. So he clearly does what he's asked to do very well - we just don't know what that is.

Conversely we watch Todd Cantwell looking like a baller and judge that he's awesome by comparison, even though he's maybe been told not to surrender possession yet continually does so.

Almost everyone else also judges the players just on the 90 minutes - the press, the TV companies, other clubs, scouts etc and whilst all of them may have some inside knowledge of some sort, they also don't understand everything they see. We speculate and judge just as they do and our opinions are as valid. 

Managers who tell the fans that they don't understand are generally on borrowed time.

10 minutes ago, Number9 said:

It's hardly out of context if you consider the whole of what he has said, his answering to the questions at that time and the way he repeatedly said it.

And it doesn't offend me, it just makes me question his management ability. 

You don't offend me either 😁

It seems like what he said has upset you. I honestly don’t recall any incident where he said fans don’t know anything about football. I remember some reference to the press not knowing about football but not general fans.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

It seems like what he said has upset you. I honestly don’t recall any incident where he said fans don’t know anything about football. I remember some reference to the press not knowing about football but not general fans.

It's happened a few times. 

Observing something and thinking about it doesn't mean I'm offended. 

Edited by Number9

5 hours ago, Number9 said:

Talk about spreading made up utter nonsense.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Mr.Carrow said:

Talk about spreading made up utter nonsense.

Unfortunately for you, it's in the public domain. 

If you put your fingers in your ears and say lalalalalala you won't have to hear him speak. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

7845477D-91A0-4E47-BF0F-E23232FAB276.jpeg

Unfortunately for you, it's in the public domain. 

If you put your fingers in your ears and say lalalalalala you won't have to hear him speak. 

Just now, Number9 said:

Unfortunately for you, it's in the public domain. 

If you put your fingers in your ears and say lalalalalala you won't have to hear him speak. 

We all believe you 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Number9 said:

Unfortunately for you, it's in the public domain. 

If you put your fingers in your ears and say lalalalalala you won't have to hear him speak. 

Please link to some examples in that case?