Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Green Army

Huddersfield scorecast.

A draw will do, but I think we'll nick it on the back of the fact that they're at the very start of a rebuild, and we're further along. Probably 2-1 to Norwich, I fancy Pukki to get one, and probably Placheta coming off the bench.

3 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

1-1, Dowell.

My thoughts too.

2 minutes ago, Adelaide Canary said:

2-1 Huddersfield 

No you're playing Wigan, and it's on Sunday. You're on Sky too - maybe you'll get to feel like a 'big' club again for 90 minutes?

14 minutes ago, hogesar said:

1-1 wouldn't be an awful start. I'd take that.

Have a peep at the Huddersfield message board. They basically have zero confidence with the team they are able to put out and think we will tank them. 

15 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Have a peep at the Huddersfield message board. They basically have zero confidence with the team they are able to put out and think we will tank them. 

Yeah, someone else told me Hudds fans are very pessimistic. But they have a new manager, playing style and some new players so surely a bit of an unknown quantity? How many of our fans were optimistic going into Farke's title winning season? 

Championship is so unpredictable they could end up in the promotion race!

Why not put your predictions on the Rays Funds thread as well as/instead of here. It's exactly the same, it's free, and you can help the kids fom the CSF.

What's not to like?

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yeah, someone else told me Hudds fans are very pessimistic. But they have a new manager, playing style and some new players so surely a bit of an unknown quantity? How many of our fans were optimistic going into Farke's title winning season? 

Going to be a heck of a switch from a Cowley team to a more Bielsa-inspired team, if this new chap intends on basically starting on his Bielsa experience. That's where I happen to think we could really cause trouble, especially if our own press is effective. They've just lost Mounie as well, who was a good target man at this level.

If we're organised, focused, and our heads are screwed on, this is an ideal opportunity to get a win under our belts.

50 minutes ago, hogesar said:

They’re probably pessimistic as last season they did very poor and finished bottom half, whilst we were a PL side and still have almost the whole squad still with us, and a squad that also tore up the Championship the season before.

Agree the Championship is very unpredictable as don’t think anyone was expecting us to win the title at the start of the 18-19 season but I wouldn’t say new manager guarantees them a boost as the players have to adapt to his new style of play, and they’ve only had a few pre season games to experience it. A new manager does give them a possible chance though but he might turn out to be even worse - when Wolves were relegated from the 1st tier they sacked Mick McCarthy but to no avail, as they only ended up finding themselves in the 3rd tier the following season.

For the score I would go for 2-0 City, Pukki and Dowell

31 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

I would go for 1-1 hernandez , I believe our record in the opening game of the season is bad.

Yes we rarely win our opening match coupled with the fact we’re coming into this on a 12 match losing streak makes me think this’ll be a draw at best.

2-2

6 hours ago, lappinitup said:

Why not put your predictions on the Rays Funds thread as well as/instead of here. It's exactly the same, it's free, and you can help the kids fom the CSF.

What's not to like?

Bump.

Depending on how many of last seasons team he plays. If he goes for an attacking line up including Sorensen abs Skipp with Placheta and Hernandez on the wings, I’d go with a 3-1 win but start with McClean, Steipermann etc. Then can’t see anything but a1-1.

I wouldn't like to predict this, could go either way. I think we'll need time to bed in tbh, and confidence must be a bit fragile. A draw would be a decent start.

Another defeat and a comfortable one at that. Panic stations, HMSPTL shipwrecked and new signings immediately written off. Godfrey and Zimmerman both pick up knocks too. This will be compounded by Emi being sold for a bag of buttons and a family bag of Haribo after the game as his suspension is then spent and we let Aarons go for £500,000 causing the Canary nation to doubt Webber’s commitment. Socially distanced protest at the Andrews incoming. 

3-0 Huddersfield

Hope I’m wrong

Edited by Duncan Edwards

7 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Another defeat and a comfortable one at that. Panic stations, HMSPTL shipwrecked and new signings immediately written off. Godfrey and Zimmerman both pick up knocks too. This will be compounded by Emi being sold for a bag of buttons and a family bag of Bari I after the game as his suspension is then spent and we let Aarons go for £500,000 causing the Canary nation to doubt Webber’s commitment. Socially distanced protest at the Andrews incoming. 

3-0 Huddersfield

Hope I’m wrong

I would **** myself if this actually did happen! You’re on a hiding Duncan 😂👍💛💚

Edited by Indy

I saw very similar positive predictions for Luton last week and that worked out really well.

I'll go for a boring 0-0 because our first priority must be to put an end to this long losing streak.