Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Mendez Liang

Nathaniel Mendez Liang had his contract at Cardiff ripped up today due to serious breach of contract...

Wonder what he's done? Twitter full of rumours and fans saying "sign him up" as usual!

Crikey, that must be serious as he's actually a good player as well, probably worth a couple of million.

Clubs usually resist sacking players that they can convert into cash! 

Don't think it would be appropriate to speculate though really Jiggy, as all the really serious accusations  I can think of would be a bit unfair to randomly throw at somebody without just cause.

• Like 1

think it's just the natural thing to do, like you say, players worth millions don't just get sacked for nothing. Derby kept faith with Tom Lawrence and that other chap after that drink drive car crash fiasco so this must be bad! Some of the rumours are just ridiculous and a bit unfair though.

Had a quick look on Cardiff City forums and they suspect " it's a potentially serious police matter that will result in serious charges being laid and a confident 'guilty' outcome"

Deleted all his social media, apparently. I'm going to take a wild guess and say Adam Johnson mark 2.

OK I'll play along. 

Just found a rumour that he was involved in a drug driving incident which has left two people serious injured, Lee Hughes style.

Another that he was involved in the large scale supply of drugs. Apparently had all his car windows put through at some point in the past, so could be gang related? 

Common theme seems to be serious criminal charges of some sort. That would usually be the case for a sacking wouldn't it? 

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

OK I'll play along. 

Just found a rumour that he was involved in a drug driving incident which has left two people serious injured, Lee Hughes style.

Another that he was involved in the large scale supply of drugs. Apparently had all his car windows put through at some point in the past, so could be gang related? 

Common theme seems to be serious criminal charges of some sort. That would usually be the case for a sacking wouldn't it? 

Might be nitpicking, but wasn't Lee Hughes done for drink-driving? Could be wrong though...

Just now, TheGunnShow said:

Might be nitpicking, but wasn't Lee Hughes done for drink-driving? Could be wrong though...

Yes, and I believe he fled the scene of the accident after killing somebody. 

But drug driving and drink driving is the same offence I believe, with the same sentencing guidelines. 

The tabloids will find out soon enough, even if the club, PFA, FA and EFL all manage to keep quiet. 

I've seen a tweet from somebody which seems to suggest he is in prison remanded in custody, the tweeter claimed to know his new cell mate. 

2 minutes ago, vlad666 said:

Best rumour so far is he was part of an underground fight club 🤣🤣

Seems unlikely, knowing the first rule of fight club?

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, vlad666 said:

Best rumour so far is he was part of an underground fight club 🤣🤣

wasn't that just a copypasta from the Gary Madine rumour though?

1 hour ago, Tetteys Jig said:

wasn't that just a copypasta from the Gary Madine rumour though?

Not a clue mate. Came across it on twitter and made me laugh so I though I’d share it. 

I've just read some of the Bristol City forums and generally the Bristolians seem to have ruled out that his dismissal was due to any sort of unnatural act with a sheep- as one wag on the site pointed out if it were sheep shagging instead of contract termination it would be more likely that he'd be granted the Freedom of the City of Cardiff.

14 minutes ago, Bonzo said:

I've just read some of the Bristol City forums and generally the Bristolians seem to have ruled out that his dismissal was due to any sort of unnatural act with a sheep- as one wag on the site pointed out if it were sheep shagging instead of contract termination it would be more likely that he'd be granted the Freedom of the City of Cardiff.

That's a bit like Ipswich supporters making six finger jokes about Norwich fans surely?

35 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Could be his double barrelled name. Disgusting in this day and age.

Are you the old boy that sits near me that always makes the 'they don't know who the dad is' joke every time they see a double barrelled name on a team sheet?

• Haha 3

Have seen a couple of screenshots of messages reportedly from him dealing in class A drugs. Could be complete rubbish, but if so is the sort of thing you get a few years at Her Majesty's Pleasure.

24 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Have seen a couple of screenshots of messages reportedly from him dealing in class A drugs. Could be complete rubbish, but if so is the sort of thing you get a few years at Her Majesty's Pleasure.

If that's true  then hes a total mug. I can understand a kid with no opportunites being seduced by the cash , cars and clubs, but he would already have had all that. Maybe he was thinking of his future ?!🥳🤯🥵🤧🤕

It'll all  come out in the wash.