Rabbit hole

Todd Can’twell

He looked good for England U21s last week. Was poor in the previous friendly. 

The enigma with Todd (for me anyway), is what is his best position? He’s not a winger. 

I was always intrigued to see him playing a secondary striker. His goals vs Everton and Palace just gave me a hunch that he could do well there. 

Super prospect and all of our own making.

His increasing overweening arrogance might annoy some (not me,) but he's young, wealthy, a local hero and will mature into probably one of the best youngsters to come out of Carrow Road. This latter point is always unpredictable with ALL these youthful players of course.

I just don't get the microscopic criticism though.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Super prospect and all of our own making.

His increasing overweening arrogance might annoy some (not me,) but he's young, wealthy, a local hero and will mature into probably one of the best youngsters to come out of Carrow Road. This latter point is always unpredictable with ALL these youthful players of course.

I just don't get the microscopic criticism though.

True,  Broado.

I hope Todd has a great season and that he gives zero sh*ts about what any of his critics on here have to say.

This string has literally turned into hair care tips from a bunch of bald blokes. 

10 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

He does love himself doesn’t he.

Everybody should love themselves. After all, you're going to have live with yourself for the rest of your life! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

He does love himself doesn’t he.

If I had his body I'd love myself too.

Of course I'm not paid a large salary to train constantly and keep myself in great physical shape...that's my excuse anyway.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Everybody should love themselves. After all, you're going to have live with yourself for the rest of your life! 

It’s still better to love others more than yourself but I get your point. 

People moaning about Cantwell is just irrelevant and pointless. The fact is he's probably one of our best technical players and up there with the best players in the league. We are lucky to have him.

• Like 9

I'd guess either a contract dispute (less than 2 years to run so we must have offered him something?) or he wants out because Jamal Lewis has left, they are close. 

10 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

The enigma with Todd (for me anyway), is what is his best position? He’s not a winger. 

I was always intrigued to see him playing a secondary striker

True, but could say the exact same for Buendia - and its Emi that I'd like to see through the middle.

Really don't get the derision about him. Yes he's a poser. But he is a top footballer who has played for his country. And a good player needs that confidence in himself. In any other period without Covid he would have gone by now for £20M.

I agree about what is his best position and I think Emi and him are both in the same boat. Both could do more damage more central.

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

True, but could say the exact same for Buendia - and its Emi that I'd like to see through the middle.

EMI just needs to be further up the pitch! I read someone on here criticising his tracking back and nearly fell off my seat

Only reason Todd is judged a little more harshly than the other youngsters is that he tends to post silly things like 'I'm going straight to the top and all the haters can't stop me' which will naturally spawn opposition. The others are pretty much all 'head down, hard work' in image- even Buendia, despite his on-pitch strops.

Personally I think he flattered to deceive a little in the Prem, and am looking forward to being thoroughly proven wrong if possible this year- or see Placheta take his place. One team one dream.

1 hour ago, Mason 47 said:

Only reason Todd is judged a little more harshly than the other youngsters is that he tends to post silly things like 'I'm going straight to the top and all the haters can't stop me' which will naturally spawn opposition. The others are pretty much all 'head down, hard work' in image- even Buendia, despite his on-pitch strops.

Personally I think he flattered to deceive a little in the Prem, and am looking forward to being thoroughly proven wrong if possible this year- or see Placheta take his place. One team one dream.

i think Todd is just one of the Modern Breed of Footballer ,

he looks like he wants to up his profile on social media etc maybe hoping to bring money in from Advertising etc ?

you see it with all these media celebrity's earning money getting cars etc 

like all walks of life you get some quite people who get on with their lives and jobs 

then others who like to show what they have and have limelight 

if managed properly i see no problem but it is a fine line of being arrogant or just confident in your own ability , 

As long as he is producing on the pitch for NCFC and he is at the moment No problem 

9 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

If you can’t love yourself, who will?

4 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I'd guess either a contract dispute (less than 2 years to run so we must have offered him something?) or he wants out because Jamal Lewis has left, they are close. 

This is the interesting point in all of this. He'll be into the last year of his contract next summer; if he isn't willing to sign a new contract then it probably makes sense to cash in on him now while his stock is still high from his performances last season.

Obviously I have no idea whether he's been offered a new contract and/or wants to sign one, but in the event that he won't sign and there's interest from PL clubs, it's probably the wisest course of action all round.

12 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Oh F**k off Plato!

• Haha 1

What clothes one of our player’s wears, what music he listens to - honestly, who gives a flying dogs d1ck? He’s of an era that most are not on here. What he does on the pitch is what counts. 

The most ironic thing is people complain we’re not buying £30mil players, yet we produce one of own and they can’t wait to get shot - utterly, utterly bizarre.

The vast majority of City supporters love him, and for good reason, but unfortunately for us I’m sure it’ll be the strange boo boys that more than play their part in weakening the Norwich City side...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

What clothes one of our player’s wears, what music he listens to - honestly, who gives a flying dogs d1ck? He’s of an era that most are not on here. What he does on the pitch is what counts. 

The most ironic thing is people complain we’re not buying £30mil players, yet we produce one of own and they can’t wait to get shot - utterly, utterly bizarre.

The vast majority of City supporters love him, and for good reason, but unfortunately for us I’m sure it’ll be the strange boo boys that more than play their part in weakening the Norwich City side...

He may be a bit of poser but he is definitely an excellent footballer. I hope he stays for the season and I’m looking forward to seeing his latest hair style on Saturday. 

31 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Since leaving the UK I swear that whingeing and doing people down that you're fundamentally envious of is a national pastime. I'm happy to see Todd has a confidant swagger and a bit of attitude- if he was the opposite there's no way he'd have made the impact he did last season. Also people need to bear in mind he watched Maddison blossom and move to a top club so would've learned a bit of extra confidence is far better than a lack of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

What utter crap.

8 hours ago, Mr.Carrow said:

Since leaving the UK I swear that whingeing and doing people down that you're fundamentally envious of is a national pastime. I'm happy to see Todd has a confidant swagger and a bit of attitude- if he was the opposite there's no way he'd have made the impact he did last season. Also people need to bear in mind he watched Maddison blossom and move to a top club so would've learned a bit of extra confidence is far better than a lack of it.

This is the most sense anyone has wrote on this forum since I've been posting here. Bloody brilliant 👍👍👍

And the post he quoted was good too.

• Thanks 1

Todd is a really good kid, and totally honest.

He does promote his commercial image, part knowingly and part unknowingly. If he had different representation we would see a drip, drip of good news stories being fed to the press, which personally I would find transparent and nauseating. He's too honest for that. Possibly that will come as his career progresses and he moves into the next phase, but I think not.

Presently, he is happy to keep close to his family and the friends he has had since he was 5 years old. That's how grounded he is. During lockdown, every single day he was doing a particular thing to help his grandparents who live in a small village and were finding it hard in self-isolation. I won't say what, but if I did people would understand the real Todd. These are not the actions of a big time Charlie. Some seem unable to see beyond the long hair and the good looks, which is just skin deep.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2