Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays Funds for the CSF with the Pink un Pickers Season 14 Week 1

Welcome to Rays Funds, supported by Turner European Consulting and Kare Plus.

Let's start this new season with a look back to a great day three years ago...

As is customary our reigning champion is in charge on the first week. So we have @Kathy picking the six results. Kathy, who finished last season with an amazing total of 36/37 97% winning picks. Kathy became the first PUP to do the double by also winning the profitability league on +7.97. Kathy also has three previous wins when making the six so we’re in great hands for the first week. But we know the early weeks can be notoriously difficult and of course we are still playing behind closed doors. So Kathy will need our very best selection from the games played on Saturday, Sunday and Monday of this weekend that are listed on the Bet 365 web site.

Thanks to our generous anonymous benefactor PUPanon the Norwich game stakes are once again covered for the eigth successive season. First up for the Norwich picks against Huddersfield is @norfolkngood. Norfolk is signed up for the season for the first time and I know he’ll be an asset to our great team of PUPs. So let’s welcome him with some great suggestions for our opening game. Norfolk, you have a tenner to spend split how you like between the PUPs selections and your own. If you’re not sure of anything just ask on this thread or you can message me, and please enjoy the experience because all us PUPs are fully behind you and having fun is what we’re all about. Please leave a pick for Kathy too.

Thanks the 26 who have sent a tenner so far. Although we do need the tenners to get through the season this is not pay to play so if you want to give it a go just join in and post some picks.

Here’s the final selections rotas for the early weeks : -

Final Six

19/09/20 – Indy - Confirmed

26/09/20 – First Wazzock - Confirmed

03/10/20 - @Cosmic Twin

10/10/20 – KiwiScot - Confirmed

17/10/20 – Mr Apples - Confirmed

24/10/20 - @Hissing Sid - Confirmed

31/10/20 – Jellytot - Confirmed

Norwich Picks

19/09/20 - @Jools

26/09/20 – Duncan Edwards - Confirmed

03/10/20 - @Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB - Confirmed

10/10/20 - International Break

17/10/20 – Felixfan - Confirmed

24/10/20 – NFN FC - Confirmed 

Please let me know with your selections if the dates are ok.

As always a massive thank-you to our benefactor PUPanon for making the Norwich match picks possible. Also to all the Pink Un posters who send me pledges and donations. And to our sponsors Turner European Consulting and Kare Plus. Their money all goes straight into the presentation pot. The CSF and our DS and Pan-disability boys and girls really appreciate this support. For more information on our sponsors take a look at their websites below:-

388219953_turner2-page-001.jpg.286725659913a2154c04b4b80cf4b3c6.jpg

http://www.turnereuropeanconsulting.com/

197186346_kareplus-page-001(1).jpg.a096e3be56b29c6fffe82d029b94ab2b.jpg

https://www.kareplus.co.uk/norwich/

Now I’ll hand the thread over to Kathy and Norfolkngood. Remember theres no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you to success. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for the Community Sports Foundation and our fabulous Downs Syndrome and pan-disability boys and girls.

Good luck all you PUPs... take it away Kathy and Norfolk... the thread is yours.......🙃.........

201247733_Signaturetotals03sept20.jpg.31e485d31328f12edcfb3ca96fa3b683.jpg472466868_Rayssignature19july20.jpg.08cea91d89fd98ede61cdffbe9303baa.jpg1715281072_LeagueWinners-2020.thumb.jpg.59a9d9869acc3f176745c716163a44fa.jpg

Rays Funds on Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/groups/124098287639888/

Rays Funds on Twitter https://twitter.com/Raysfunds

Edited by nutty nigel
  • Thanks 1

Good to see this thread back as it means the start of the new season!

I'm going to go for Liverpool to beat Leeds, a bit of wishful thinking there maybe, but on paper they should win!

For the match bet I'm going for a 3-1 win to us, with Pukki scoring the first goal.

Good luck to everyone, especially Kathy and Norfolkngood.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Norfolk is signed up for the season for the first time and I know he’ll be an asset to our great team of PUPs

Thankyou Nutty , I have picked before a couple seasons ago , and we were lucky enough to win some money for the pups so hopefully start of the season with some Winning bets and money For such a great cause 

• Like 1

It's great to be back! Thanks for another great season on pups Nutty. A truly great job you do each week 😁

I'll go for FC Voluntari vs FCSB in lovely România with an away win for Steaua 

And for the Norwich game I'd like to pick us to win with a 1-2 score line. 

Good luck to everyone! 

• Like 1

Good Afternoon Pups and it's almost like we've not been away that long🤔

For Kathy I present the Estonian Meistriliiga League with "Tallinna Kalev v Flora" - Away Win

For NorfolknGood shakey nerves on the first day maybe? An O.g. to be scored

Edited by KiwiScot

How good is it to be back? Once again, massive thanks to Nutty for putting all this together for another season. The video in the OP is wonderful and to witness these guys loving their football truly is something to cherish.

To business. Sweden are well under way with their Allsvenskan, so I'm going with this Sunday offering...

Hammarby (3-5-1 13-9 at home) vs Helsingborg (0-4-5 7-19 away) - Home Win.

For the match bet, Jordan Hugill to score the last goal.

Best of luck Kathy, NorfolknGood and all you PUPs.

A very good evening to you Nutty it's great to be back. Good luck to the old bird from Reepham and NorfolknGood not forgetting of course all you other lovely PUP's out there.

Jockland and a HOME WIN for RANGERS v Dundee Utd.

For the Norwich bet Norwich to win by two goals.

As Nutty says it doesn’t seem five minutes since we were doing this last season. 

I’ve been tasked with the unenviable task of trying to find six winners on the first day of the season. Happy days!

Lady Luck certainly shone in me last season but that’s unlikely to happen again so I’m going to need as much help from you PUPs as possible. 

• Like 1

I’m going far out to my homeland for a Slavia Prague away win to Perdubice. After a two wins early this season 6-0 and then 3-0 got to be a good bet.

Hate to go with a Score Draw for Norwich or Godfrey To Score anytime.

Good luck to all.

AGF AARHUS v Vejle HOME WIN

Good luck Kathy and all you lovely PUPs 

For the Norwich  game, 2-0  to Norwich. Best of luck  Norfolk.  Thanks Nutty for continuing this and to PUPanon for supporting this great thread 💛💚💛💚

Yessss, we're back! I'm going to do my damnedest to post my pick every week this season, as I've been a bit of a flake for the past couple of years.

It's going to be a really tough ask to get a winning six in the current circumstances, but if anyone can do it then @Kathy  can! I'm going to offer Ajax as my banker this weekend; they're 1/5 to start off with a win away to Sparta Rotterdam. Quite short odds for an away win, but home advantage is obviously diminished in the absence of full stadia and the gulf between the two squads is colossal.

As for @norfolkngood's wagers on the Norwich match, I really like @Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man's shout of Dowell to score the first goal at 9/1, but embellish that with a scorecast of Dowell first goal and Norwich win 3-2, and you're looking at 300/1. Enticing.

Good luck, everybody... may the football gods smile upon us this weekend.

• Like 2

Hi all, it's good to be back! 💪

I'll go to Germany this week in the DFB Cup with Schweinfurt 05 vs. Schalke 04 (away win).

For the City bet I'll go for the Dereham Dreamboat to open his account early and score the first goal (Cantwell to score first).

Nutty, I'm off on staycation next week in the wilds so will leave my selection for the w/e 19th Sept here.

Final 6 - Finland, RoPs vs. KuPs (away win).

City Bet - Pukki to bag a brace vs. PNE.

Good luck and all the best everyone! 💛💚

Apples

Good to have this back and well supported.

My pick is a home win for Port Vale.

As for City I will go for a score draw with Onel scoring first - so many players to choose from, the usual freak result syndrome in the first weekend and some pressure  to avoid a 13th consecutive defeat as the relegation hangover hovers overhead

Good Afternoon all. 

I shall start the season in Scotland and go for Rangers v Dundee United - Home Win

For the Norwich game I shall go with 2-1 City win. 

Good luck to all! 

Edited by lincsy88

For Kathy I'm going to suggest a Sunday game in Sweden...

Malmo          v          AIK          Home Win

For Norfolk I'm hoping Teemu gets an early goal so...

Teemu Pukki to score first

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Kathy said:

Lady Luck certainly shone in me last season but that’s unlikely to happen again

You said it but i thought it was the trusty old pin ?

Yay, we're back. Thanks again to the hard working nutty nigel and the ever generous PUPanon for keeping this great thread going strong.

I'm starting off in League One where I think Sunderland will have too much for Bristol Rovers so...

Sunderland v Bristol Rovers......Home win.

For our game...

City to win 3-1 @ 18/1

Good luck Kathy and Norfolkngood.

Here we go then . Marvellous.

I’m also off to league one , backing Pompey. So Portsmouth v Shrewsbury home win.

For our game , I reckon Norwich to be winning at half and full time .

Good luck Pups ! 

The best thread on the board is back up and running! 😀 thanks again to nutty for all your hard work administrating this thread, I don’t think any of us pups could do as good a job 👏🏻

week 1 always tough. The Scottish prem has been in action for a few weeks now so I’ll go for RANGERS HOME WIN

for the match bet, I’m feeling confident Norwich to win 4-1 

Wishing everyone good luck for the season ahead 🤞🏻💛💚

P.S Nutty £20 will be on its way soon. £10 for rays funds & a £10 donation. Is your PayPal still the same?

PSG home win against Marseille please. 

for the Norwich game I fancy a draw. 

good luck all. 

Hello again pups,

good to be back although football is nowhere near the same as usual at the moment
my pick is GALATASARY v gaziantep HOME WIN

For the Norwich game I think 1-2 Norwich win

good luck

28 minutes ago, dj11 said:

PSG home win against Marseille please.

Not to nose into someone else's pick, but I noticed PSG lost tonight because 7 of their stars tested positive(Mbappe, Neymar, DiMaria etc) for corona and did not play. They seemed to dominate the game, but lost after their 3rd choice keeper gave the ball straight to the opposition. The players testing positive was reported about 7 days ago so they might play against Marseille.

Edited by KiwiScot

Its great to be back 😀

My pick is Liverpool to beat Leeds

Norwich to win and more than 2:5 goals

Good Luck pups 😀

No internet access to speak of to do my usual research that sends nutty scurrying to the far corners of the football world, so I will go for Norwich City to win away at Huddersfield Town, and Dowell as an anytime goalscorer.

Good luck to all!

As a relatively new member to the board I don't know how this works... do we just ping in bets that we think will win, or what? Could someone explain, please?

• Like 1