Sign in to follow this  
NeymarSmith

Saturday, is it on ifollow?

Yes it’s available on iFollow - I’m planning to watch it

Edited by HazzaJet

The Luton game was hard to watch, kept freezing every few seconds. 

Its kind of put me off it tbh 

24 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Sadly a lot of people who think watching a stream is the same as watching a live TV broadcast are going to be disappointed.

I've watched the NFL gamepass one for years and its pretty much flawless by comparison.  

Illegal streams are  better quality than ifollow. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

What is difference, aside from using a computer instead of a TV?

Depends on the quality of your WIFI, how much buffering and the lag behind real time play. I've watched a few live streams of BT Sport where the commentary is about 5 seconds ahead of the screen images, so you hear the goal before you see it! Also the Pinkun Matchday Thread can be ahead of what some are actually watching, e.g. those watching on live TV or listening to radio are commenting before I've even seen it. Sometimes it's brilliant, sometimes it's awful. Better than nothing but not worth a tenner imo. 

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

Depends on the quality of your WIFI, how much buffering and the lag behind real time play. I've watched a few live streams of BT Sport where the commentary is about 5 seconds ahead of the screen images, so you hear the goal before you see it! Also the Pinkun Matchday Thread can be ahead of what some are actually watching, e.g. those watching on live TV or listening to radio are commenting before I've even seen it. Sometimes it's brilliant, sometimes it's awful. Better than nothing but not worth a tenner imo. 

I suppose. I've never experienced commentary and audio out of sync, either on paid streams or illegal ones, but buffering is an issue that happens even on paid streams at times. I've only ever noticed a significant delay on the illegal ones. 

Season before last I watched ifollow legit on an adroid/kodi box. At 720 it was clear , no issues at all . I only have 20 meg broadband but it was booming in no lag, buffering etc. You can pick up an android box for 30 quid upwards, would recommend  also getting micro keypad ... helps with passwords, searching,etc, much handier than plugging away on the remote.

iFollow was fine for the Luton game. Which was frustrating, as it meant I saw all 3 of their goals clear as day

18 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Sadly a lot of people who think watching a stream is the same as watching a live TV broadcast are going to be disappointed.

It shouldn't make a difference as long as whoever is looking after iFollow from a technical perspective lives in the 21st Century.  They should have a scaleable infrastructure which means you wont notice a difference whether 1 person or 1 million people are accessing it at the same time.

'Streaming' is going to be the default route to broadcast for most sports brands/networks in the next 10 years, and Sky have committed to removing their satellite infrastructure too, so get used to it (and get used to having multiple OTT subscriptions for PL/EFL as they all roll out their own services).

21 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

So when do season ticket holders get their access codes? Or do we just log in and it's free.?. 

Prior to the game the club will email you a code which you can use 

ail you 

• Like 1

There are cheaper ways of getting the whole season home and away but think I might get my hand smacked if posted instructions here 

3 minutes ago, Jsim1986 said:

There are cheaper ways of getting the whole season home and away but think I might get my hand smacked if posted instructions here 

There are but not if you're a season ticket holder

1 hour ago, Jsim1986 said:

apparently people have been struggling with VPNs though, lots are blocked ?

1 hour ago, Robert Barnes said:

I live in Canada and purchased ifollow it tells me that the Huddersfield game is only on Radio no stream because it’s televised.

Beetehleets said that in the USA it’s being televised on ESPN+. Can you get that in Canada? I don’t know

£10 payment required You can only watch on laptop or connect to your TV by HDMI cable. I watched the Luton game and the first half was hopeless. It kept buffering. At half time someone on this forum told me to go to settings and turn down the video quality. Picture was poor after that but it didn't buffer. For £10 a game I expected a perfect picture but I was disappointed. Never again 

27 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

£10 payment required You can only watch on laptop or connect to your TV by HDMI cable. I watched the Luton game and the first half was hopeless. It kept buffering. At half time someone on this forum told me to go to settings and turn down the video quality. Picture was poor after that but it didn't buffer. For £10 a game I expected a perfect picture but I was disappointed. Never again 

It was a lot better when we were last in the championship. The Luton game was dreadful. I felt ripped off paying £10 for that level of quality.

4 minutes ago, Grant Holts Moustache said:

It was a lot better when we were last in the championship. The Luton game was dreadful. I felt ripped off paying £10 for that level of quality.

I was offered the game for €8 by ifollow, but it also said the game wasn't  being shown. .. go figure. They also said I could buy season pass 140 euro , but the blurb states UK and Ireland come  under same distribution  regs. What's the price of a season pass in uk guys? Ten quid a game against 8 euro suggests they are not in the same bracket, I'm too confused to risk the season pass atm, prob just pay the eight bucks as and when I can watch. Would be interested  to  know  what the UK deal is for the season. 

2 hours ago, Robert Barnes said:

I live in Canada and purchased ifollow it tells me that the Huddersfield game is only on Radio no stream because it’s televised.

You may need a VPN to say you're in Ireland  €8 for the match.

It’s 2020 - you’d really think there would be better solutions out there than this.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, WD40 said:

It’s 2020 - you’d really think there would be better solutions out there than this.

Yes there should be. But the Football League signed a contract with the only people who were prepared to pay and didn't check that they could actually deliver 

2 hours ago, HazzaJet said:

Beetehleets said that in the USA it’s being televised on ESPN+. Can you get that in Canada? I don’t know

You can but you have to purchase 

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

I was offered the game for €8 by ifollow, but it also said the game wasn't  being shown. .. go figure. They also said I could buy season pass 140 euro , but the blurb states UK and Ireland come  under same distribution  regs. What's the price of a season pass in uk guys? Ten quid a game against 8 euro suggests they are not in the same bracket, I'm too confused to risk the season pass atm, prob just pay the eight bucks as and when I can watch. Would be interested  to  know  what the UK deal is for the season. 

I don't think we can get a season pass here. Was only the £10 per game option and the audio passes when I looked at the weekend.