Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

WHERE EXACTLY HAS ALL THE MONEY GONE?

over the last few months city have gained a bit of cash from francis, sky parachute payments and also cashton going, so where the hell has all the money gone?? we cant keep being told on loan players or wages, thats bull! i have written to mrs smith asking this question seeking assurances before i renew my season ticket. it pains me to feel that way but i want to know which direction we are heading in because with the crap signings worthless continually makes i feel the only way is back to where we were 5 years ago before he arrived or god forbid down to league one. as other people have said other clubs have wheeled and dealed but city seem to show a severe lack of ambition on this front, and why oh why do we continually sign rejects instead of talented young players? man city have got one of the best young centre backs today in matthew mills from southampton and not for much cash either. i am getting more and more concerned at the plight of this club i love and feel that before too long we could be back to the dark old days from the chase era

Simply put Norwich city had debts of around £15Million arising from the development of the ground and historic balances. The transfers of Ashton, Francis and the Sky money is used to reduce this debt. I would expect that the debt is now around the £5M mark - but will only know for definate when the financials are released later this year.

More old drivel from the League for Stupid Thinking

" man city have got one of the best young centre backs today in matthew mills from southampton "

So why have Southampton let him go ? What does that say about their ''ambition'' as a fellow relegated club ? Where has all their money gone ?

Unfortunately we have a few fans who have over excited themselves and convinced themselves that we have a divine right to be in the Premiership and that no other club is in the same boat fighting hard, striving as far as possible and desperate to succeed.

Far better to retain the mentality that sees the world as an oversize pantomime where naughty baddies have to be booed and wicked villains conspire to rob us all.

Perhaps some of these less worldly wise fans could help out at the next game by shouting out to our players when they are being challenged " He''s behind you "l

Calm down MadDan there are a lot of teenage scribblers on here. Your post however is spot on.

[quote user="MadDan"]More old drivel from the League for Stupid Thinking " man city have got one of the best young centre backs today in matthew mills from southampton " So why have Southampton let him go ? What does that say about their ''ambition'' as a fellow relegated club ? Where has all their money gone ? Unfortunately we have a few fans who have over excited themselves and convinced themselves that we have a divine right to be in the Premiership and that no other club is in the same boat fighting hard, striving as far as possible and desperate to succeed. Far better to retain the mentality that sees the world as an oversize pantomime where naughty baddies have to be booed and wicked villains conspire to rob us all. Perhaps some of these less worldly wise fans could help out at the next game by shouting out to our players when they are being challenged " He''s behind you "l[/quote]

You''re quite happy to settle for second best mad man, I realised that when you first posted on here. But I want City to be the best, and its called ambiton pal.

You and Delia can stick with your ''prudence and little old Norwich'' attitude.

I know which I and 24,000 others prefer!.

Glad you think that Norwich City has only 24,000 fans. Personally I would think they are far more.

Unfortunately we will always be " second best " along with every other club in the land, bar one - unless we actually are going to win the World Champions cup. Get used to it.

As a self professed wizard I''m sure flights of fancy and delusion are part and parcel of your everyday existence however for the mere mortals amongst us it is the routine practicalities of reality that we have to contend with not some Harry Potter fantasy world.

We could always at least try and emulate Chelsea with their £140m debt. It would of course mean that 24,000 souls would have to cough up £6000 a piece to cover that amount.

Perhaps we could ask their self appointed spokesman what they would prefer.

ps please don''t refer to me as pal, I do have a position to uphold.

thanks mad dan for turning back my body clock! not a teenager who doesnt know what hes talking about but someone who is approaching 40 and been following city for 35 of my years on earth, and i must say that you and some others need to wake up with regards to how you patronise people on this board! i am allowed to voice an opinion after all thats the idea of a message board and if it doesnt meet with yours then sorry but thats why we have debates. to some it may seem prudent to wipe out the debt but it would be good to invest in youth at the same time instead of get part time city players who pick up fat wages and go back to their clubs and dont give a toss about whether we survive or not, unlike me. i dont want to watch any more crap at carrow road but fear that if all the money is put into debts we will not have a team in the first division for long. sorry if you think thats a rant, maybe it is but you should think before you patronise people, like teenagers do, i know cos i have three teenage sons who care as much about this club as i do

[quote user="baldyboy"]thanks mad dan for turning back my body clock! not a teenager who doesnt know what hes talking about but someone who is approaching 40 and been following city for 35 of my years on earth, and i must say that you and some others need to wake up with regards to how you patronise people on this board! i am allowed to voice an opinion after all thats the idea of a message board and if it doesnt meet with yours then sorry but thats why we have debates. to some it may seem prudent to wipe out the debt but it would be good to invest in youth at the same time instead of get part time city players who pick up fat wages and go back to their clubs and dont give a toss about whether we survive or not, unlike me. i dont want to watch any more crap at carrow road but fear that if all the money is put into debts we will not have a team in the first division for long. sorry if you think thats a rant, maybe it is but you should think before you patronise people, like teenagers do, i know cos i have three teenage sons who care as much about this club as i do[/quote]

Dont woory, MadDan/Ding Dong Dan has posted on here before in defense of Robert Chase.  He is a ''happy with mediocrity'' type fan. He doesnt mind rubbish hoofball and lesser ability players arriving at the club.  He did like those NCFC carpets that Chase got in though!!! If worthy is in charge we should let him do his job because he must be good at it. 

How many loans is that this season??

Nobody is critising your passion for the Canaries or that of your sons and you make many valid points concerning investing in youth and not employing players who don''t give a toss. However, regardless of individuals opinions you''ve been a supporter long enough to have experienced the ups and downs of following a team like Norwich. MadDan is only stating some painfull facts that many posters on here refuse to recognise. Regardless of ambition we will always be a second tier club and have no more devine right to Premier status than other teams of a similar ilk (Ipswich, Derby, Coventry Southampton etc etc).

I have been a passionate supporter for a lot longer than your 35 years and have experienced the whole gamut from bankrupcy to European success. Its time some of you realised that its the crap times that make the good times so good.

Just being curious.......Did we ever find out who/what funded the extension resty-raunty thingummy, at the rear of the Barclay a few years ago?  ;~)