Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

England v Denmark offical match thread

Surely you only need one from Dier, Phillips and Rice. Think I'll stick with the cricket.

8 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Dier is CB tonight.

Youtube saying the U21 game at Argyle is on. Hope they are right. Not worth a tenner on iFollow.

Honestly feel the under 21 match will be more entertaining than this main England match

49 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Honestly feel the under 21 match will be more entertaining than this main England match

We're 1 up.  No idea who though.

Hopefully that’ll stick another couple of million on his value as I’m convinced he’ll be leaving shortly.

18 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Our U21's 2-1 up.  Omotoye apparently.  

Quite a game at the Ho.  City now 3-2 in the lead, with Mattgew Dennis getting the third.  Given the thrashing handed out to Dirty & the Villans by clubs from same league as Plymouth a sterling effort so far.  Bodes well.

It seems odd to experiment with new players... yet not experiment with a different formation. Grealish and Mount on the wings?! Seems a total waste of talent playing out there. And still have no idea how Declan Rice gets on the team sheet first. He reminds me of the poor calibre of players we had in Graham Taylor’s early 1990’s team. 😂

16 minutes ago, Robornio said:

It seems odd to experiment with new players... yet not experiment with a different formation. Grealish and Mount on the wings?! Seems a total waste of talent playing out there. And still have no idea how Declan Rice gets on the team sheet first. He reminds me of the poor calibre of players we had in Graham Taylor’s early 1990’s team. 😂

Grealish shrugging and looking disapointed when he was shown the tactics board on being brought on says it all

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Robornio said:

It reminded me totally of how we played under Taylor.  Cerap.

• Like 1

Good win for NCFC U21's, Godfrey gets a goal and all four of our lads have time on the pitch in England U21's.  Some positives for the weekend. 

Rice and Phillips in midfield with 5 at tge back....exactly what Southgate deserved (or played for). Yes theres a few players missing but nobody can tell me Mount of Grealish shouldnt have started....even Dele Alli or Ross Barkley wouldve been better than what he did tonight

Dross. I'd rather shove a Covid-19-infected knitting needle up my japsie than watch that turgid shower of ****e again.

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Rice and Phillips in midfield with 5 at tge back....exactly what Southgate deserved (or played for). Yes theres a few players missing but nobody can tell me Mount of Grealish shouldnt have started....even Dele Alli or Ross Barkley wouldve been better than what he did tonight

It is a bonkers team selection. How on earth are you going to create chances without a recognised playmaker? 

31 minutes ago, Robornio said:

Carlton Palmer!

• Haha 1