Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Club announces procedure for home games

Latest rumours from our mad Government , 10pm curfew, that will put an end to evening games, and over 60’s being told to self isolate again, that will stop over half CR supporters attending 

Doncaster racecourse allowing 2,500 in today at the commencement of the St Leger meeting, but after today they have been ordered to follow the new legislation and race behind Closed doors. That will likely put paid to football supporters attending matches any time soon.

34 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Latest rumours from our mad Government , 10pm curfew, that will put an end to evening games, and over 60’s being told to self isolate again, that will stop over half CR supporters attending 

Please do explain how trying to limit the spread of a virus which kills people is the actions of a mad government? 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Still a big question over whether its worth applying for Preston?

If your first choice is Preston but the government then state that there are no fans allowed until October , and in the meantime others have secured their first / secondd choices by choosing games in October , has your chance gone????

Yes, that's how I understand it. You might be better off applying for the Wycombe game. Having 4 games to apply for is all very well IF they are of equal standing. 

But the club had to do something as they are taking money off people and the season begins this weekend.

Presumably we'll still get the free iFollow even if matches are BCD?  

22 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

Please do explain how trying to limit the spread of a virus which kills people is the actions of a mad government? 

Giving notice of a week or so before the measures come into force doesn't seem very logical. It almost encourages people to have large gatherings while they still have the chance, which spreads the virus even faster.

But this is another debate for another forum, which I actively avoid.

• Like 1

Looks like the plan to get people back into stadiums is being delayed/revised, according to Boris in the briefing just now. Grassroots sport unaffected by the new measures.

56 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Are you 100 ?

That must be the reason👍

Thanks

😉

4 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Can’t be long before the Preston game gets the k.o., so what happens for those of us who went for that game ?

You've all been quarantined until Boxing Day.

What I can’t understand is why these people developing the vaccine are getting such an easy time of it

they need to get their fingers out of their ar$es so we can get back to normality 

6 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

What I can’t understand is why these people developing the vaccine are getting such an easy time of it

they need to get their fingers out of their ar$es so we can get back to normality 

I hope they remember to wash their hands.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Can’t be long before the Preston game gets the k.o., so what happens for those of us who went for that game ?

How did you manage that as Window One does not open until next Monday 14th to apply ?

12 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

How did you manage that as Window One does not open until next Monday 14th to apply ?

I know, was thinking of going for that but will I be wasting my time ?

28 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Putin will sell you some if you are interested, but do make sure it isn't Novichok.

I've heard reports that already the virus has mutated, like other Coronavirus has. We could be a long way away from a vaccine that is 100% effective. We may have to accept that any vaccination may not save your life.

3 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

I know, was thinking of going for that but will I be wasting my time ?

The club jumped the gun a bit. Come Monday it might be 1 from 3.  If the new 'rule of six' applies to sports stadiums then it's over for a while.

24 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

The club jumped the gun a bit. Come Monday it might be 1 from 3.  If the new 'rule of six' applies to sports stadiums then it's over for a while.

6 months at least which takes us to March

Absolute la la land to think this would happen. 

The infection rate is only going one way now, and schools have just opened so it will get worse. Deaths up soon. 

35 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

Absolute la la land to think this would happen. 

The infection rate is only going one way now, and schools have just opened so it will get worse. Deaths up soon. 

Sadly I think you're right. I think we're more likely to have another full on lockdown than get back into Carrow Road this year.

Edited by TheGoogler

5 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Giving notice of a week or so before the measures come into force doesn't seem very logical. It almost encourages people to have large gatherings while they still have the chance, which spreads the virus even faster.

But this is another debate for another forum, which I actively avoid.

You can't actively engage in debate and then say 

...but that's another debate for another forum.

Just encourages people like me who totally disagree with what you said to bite.

Just don't respond to the question and stay on topic.

7 minutes ago, TheGoogler said:

You can't actively engage in debate and then say 

...but that's another debate for another forum.

Just encourages people like me who totally disagree with what you said to bite.

Just don't respond to the question and stay on topic.

As curious as I am to know what part of that you disagree with, I'm not going to ask. 

The removal of the coronavirus and politics from the football forum has been a breath of fresh air, and I don't even enter the non-football section because of how hostile the football forum was when those threads were present.

Let's pretend this conversation never happened.

3 hours ago, ricardo said:

I hope they remember to wash their hands.

And probably for even longer than 20 seconds.

• Haha 1

In Spain case numbers have been rising substantially for a month or so yet death rates are very very modest compared to earlier in the year so is this alarm really necessary? 

Let's hope not especially as the Government's new rules don't come in until Monday. Expect many barbecues this weekend with temperatures predicted at 26 Celsius on Sunday. Presumably Goverment ministers mobiles don't pick up the weather forecast?

• Like 1

If you want to listen to Radio Norfolk match commentary for Sat 3pm KO’s outside their radio transmission area you’ll need a matchday pass. You can’t get usually 3pm KO commentary on the internet but because of all this upheaval that’s been waived.

I think they’re £45 for the season but they do shorter ones.