Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Club announces procedure for home games

Personal opinion so please don’t shoot me down, but I feel the club have maybe jumped the gun here. I appreciate you have to be getting ready ( maybe the pne game is a goverment trial ) but numbers are going up and there is talk of more restrictions rather than less. I don’t want to appear negative just surprising this has been released now, so don’t take this as a moan more a surprise they have done it now.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bill said:

cannot see any reason for this to include away fans

a bit harsh, but this is not wise move having a few hundred from another area mixing in pubs etc

Maybe us exiles ( I’m Birmingham ) should be banned lol

44 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Maybe us exiles ( I’m Birmingham ) should be banned lol

Only allowed in through the sheep dip👍

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bill said:

cannot see any reason for this to include away fans

a bit harsh, but this is not wise move having a few hundred from another area mixing in pubs etc

I do see where you are coming from with that Bill.

But in reality the home fans would be coming from all over the place too, I know of half a dozen who travel for 2+ hours every home game and I don't know that many people. 

No criticism of the club or anyone else but overlaying this discussion with the news in the UK and i am afraid anything to do with football fans returning anytime soon is little more than an academic discussion. It seems apparent that the COVID rate is accelerating at a speed whereby we will be having our movements and visitors to our homes reduced pretty soon forget about getting into a football match 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Still a big question over whether its worth applying for Preston?

If your first choice is Preston but the government then state that there are no fans allowed until October , and in the meantime others have secured their first / secondd choices by choosing games in October , has your chance gone????

Not really got a feel for whether I have a hope in hell of getting a ticket for my son (junior member) for the game I get a ticket for. i suspect not but hard to tell really. 

I think NCFC can say what they like about fans returning, but the Govt are stating different which might just throw a spanner in their works!

1. No 10 not ruling out tightening restrictions on the number of people who can gather together in England.

inability to sit together with friends and family will reduce the numbers who want to go I reckon.

2 hours ago, Yorkshire Canary said:

No criticism of the club or anyone else but overlaying this discussion with the news in the UK and i am afraid anything to do with football fans returning anytime soon is little more than an academic discussion. It seems apparent that the COVID rate is accelerating at a speed whereby we will be having our movements and visitors to our homes reduced pretty soon forget about getting into a football match 

Yep, I anticipate the behind closed doors games being disrupted more and more by positive player tests as well.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Yep, I anticipate the behind closed doors games being disrupted more and more by positive player tests as well.

The players are no longer in secure bubbles as their kids are back at school

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ricardo said:

inability to sit together with friends and family will reduce the numbers who want to go I reckon.

Reading the fine print you can nominate who you want to sit with, maybe not next but in the same row

This is a paper exercise in so much that the club have to prepare for a return but like a few others i can see the brakes being put on by the Govt before we get to October.

2 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Still a big question over whether its worth applying for Preston?

If your first choice is Preston but the government then state that there are no fans allowed until October , and in the meantime others have secured their first / secondd choices by choosing games in October , has your chance gone????

Had this exact same discussion with somebody earlier today.

Whilst it's fantastic the club has come up with a well thought through plan to get people back into the stadium. Have to say the clear intentions from this line have disappointed me.

"Bag searches will be in place when  accessing the stadium. There is no change to the prohibited items which includes food and drink"

Just as we announce 8000 in a stadium the goverment are about to announce a maximum gathering of 6. Really can’t see this happening, but then again I have to confess I didn’t see project restart getting off the ground.

5 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Just as we announce 8000 in a stadium the goverment are about to announce a maximum gathering of 6. Really can’t see this happening, but then again I have to confess I didn’t see project restart getting off the ground.

This is the problem and why it's so difficult to commit. So do I put myself down for matches weeks into the future based on the rates etc now? So then what if the rates change and I no longer feel safe. Do I not turn up thus denying someone else the chance to go? The situation is so changeable.  

I've not been a hermit. I've been out and about most days since we were allowed. But in every case it's a decision I make based on the situation that day. Not weeks ago.

Hmm - reports say that social gatherings of more than 6 are to be banned  from Monday; as usual this govt puts stuff out late in the day and incomplete, so no one knows the exemptions but seems that schools, workplaces and ‘organised team sports’ are to be exempt.  But it does make you wonder whether any loosening of restrictions so that people can go to sporting events will be likely to be postponed....

Edited by Branston Pickle

Don’t know if anyone else just heard Ian Wright on ITV. He mentioned players travelling back and of course the odd ones will bring the virus back to their clubs ( PSG have seven confirmed now ). Now I have to assume that what he just said was correct but apparently if Provided you have 14 players available due to a Covid outbreak you have to play. I find that astonishing.

even if 8000 are still allowed , who knows with the clown in charge, it would definitely rule out the bubbles of 24 the club is proposing

6 minutes ago, city4eva said:

even if 8000 are still allowed , who knows with the clown in charge, it would definitely rule out the bubbles of 24 the club is proposing

Other clubs had already set the family/bubble limit at a maximum of 6 (Ipsh*t, Sunderland), whereas we were intent on attempting to shoehorn as many as possible into the ground on the ludicrous pretext of having up to 24 in your family group.

Fair play to the club for trying and I think they have actually come up with a very good scheme.  However I expect to be refunded for all 23 games this season.  No way are we going to be allowed to attend mass crowd events in the foreseeable future! 

This will all be taken over by events. I would apply for tickets but I can see this all being scrapped. 2nd lockdown is weeks away. 

As for bubbles of 24? Not sure what the club is thinking of there.

15 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

Surely a private matter for him and his consultant...?

Can one man form a six person bubble?

47 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Can one man form a six person bubble?

😆

I don’t know if we should ask a physician or a physicist??

Edited by GenerationA47