Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Club announces procedure for home games

....as on the website

https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2020/september/return-of-supporters-information-for-season-ticket-holders-and-members/

...interesting that the Preston game is included in this , a game in September, a month before the government said that fans might return?

...the obvious question here is , if you choose the Preston match as your 'first choice' but it emerges that fans cannot even return until October, have you missed your chance to attend any game at all during Sept/Oct ???

All seems pretty fair and reasonable.. free streaming, rebates if you can not go or the chance to spend at the shop or future ticket sales...

• Like 1

cannot see any reason for this to include away fans

a bit harsh, but this is not wise move having a few hundred from another area mixing in pubs etc

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

All seems pretty fair and reasonable.. free streaming, rebates if you can not go or the chance to spend at the shop or future ticket sales...

Seems ok to me. I'm hoping the money banked for future tickets can be used for next season's ticket.

Disappointing it’s a free for all for season ticket holders should be on a points basis based on ticket purchases home/away/cup etc

the Johnny come lately’s have the same chance of getting a ticket as the more dedicated fans

11 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Disappointing it’s a free for all for season ticket holders should be on a points basis based on ticket purchases home/away/cup etc

the Johnny come lately’s have the same chance of getting a ticket as the more dedicated fans

How is it a free-for-all for season ticket holders ?

The club have said that every season ticket holder will get an equal opportunity to see a match in September and October. If only 8000 are allowed inside and there's 22,000 season ticket holders the way they propose to do it seems fair to me.

5 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

The club have said that every season ticket holder will get an equal opportunity to see a match in September and October. If only 8000 are allowed inside and there's 22,000 season ticket holders the way they propose to do it seems fair to me.

I can see the 2nd window being a free for all?

If after the 1st window closes and there are tickets left for any games, presumably its a fastest finger on the buzzer as to which season ticket holders can sweep up any remaining tickets??

The club is lucky to have so many season ticket holders, the envy of many a club for sure.

It is never going to satisfy everyone but surely no-one believes the club are out to be unfair.

Patience is needed at this time.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Seems ok to me. I'm hoping the money banked for future tickets can be used for next season's ticket.

Yes Nutty you can bank the money for another season, spend it on merchandise or have it paid back into the account/card you used to buy it.

Seems very fair.

• Thanks 1

Two questions :

is there any pint in going for the Preston game When the government haven’t given the ok

how can friends and family sit together

43 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

The new batch of season ticket holders who have just got them get the same priority as say myself (a super fan) just doesn’t seem right

aa all things Ncfc loyalty doesn’t pay

• Haha 1

I paid for two season tickets with a cheque old fashioned i know so they have not got details of a credit card. Does this mean that all i have to do to get eventual refunds is to record my credit card details on the system and later on request a repayment and i have paid for my granddaughters so would have to put my credit card details under her account as she is only 7 ??

3 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

The new batch of season ticket holders who have just got them get the same priority as say myself (a super fan) just doesn’t seem right

Maybe time to call it a day, Waveney? Following NCFC certainly doesn't seem to bring much joy into your life.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

I have had mine for over 20 years but i suppose its a bit like having a nice mint £10 note and an old £10 note they are both worth £10, the same goes for season tickets if you have one everyone is treated the same, no other way of sorting it. It is already complicated giving ST holders preference for longevity of having one would blow everyone's brain

Looks like every other row and every third seat, families would be kept apart ? The way the positive tests are going up I can’t see this happening anyway 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Looks like every other row and every third seat, families would be kept apart ? The way the positive tests are going up I can’t see this happening anyway 

Neither can I. Kids back at school, students from around the world returning to UK uni's, on top of rapidly rising new infections. It would be foolhardy the club opening up the ground in September! 

8000 is more than I expected I must say.

Good luck to those applying, I hope you get the matches you want and I'll be at least a bit envious of you all.

Are the club saying season ticket holders will only get one game or two? If 16k apply for tickets that’s two games full  but with two games left it could result with some going on general sale, which doesn’t make sense to have a ST holder sat at home being replaced by someone whose never been before

Still going to have problems with toilets, fans having to get past others re the usual suspects who need toilets and food and booze due the game

4 minutes ago, daly said:

Still going to have problems with toilets, fans having to get past others re the usual suspects who need toilets and food and booze due the game

Don't think the bars will be open. At least not in the concourse.Bars and food outside probably.

33 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Are the club saying season ticket holders will only get one game or two? If 16k apply for tickets that’s two games full  but with two games left it could result with some going on general sale, which doesn’t make sense to have a ST holder sat at home being replaced by someone whose never been before

I think you will vote for which games you want, 1st choice then 2nd etc ST will get one of the first four released, then another four will come up , that is how I read it.

11 hours ago, Yorkshire Canary said:

I paid for two season tickets with a cheque old fashioned i know so they have not got details of a credit card. Does this mean that all i have to do to get eventual refunds is to record my credit card details on the system and later on request a repayment and i have paid for my granddaughters so would have to put my credit card details under her account as she is only 7 ??

I would presume so, I pay for Mrs Franks by cheque too. When we had our refunds she had a cheque payable to her which would mean mean your granddaughter would get some pocket money 😁

• Like 1

Just now, CANARYKING said:

I think you will vote for which games you want, 1st choice then 2nd etc ST will get one of the first four released, then another four will come up , that is how I read it.

That’s how I read it too, ST holders will get to one of those four games. I think some might be thinking it will be two as we’re getting a first and second choice

Only guesswork but I imagine that those season ticket holders who want to go will get to see every other game.

Assuming we have 22,000 season ticket holders then we only need 6,000 of those to decide they don't want to come to reduce that to 16,000, meeing one game in two with the suggested 8,000 capacity.

There will be plenty who don't feel comfortable coming because of age, underlaying health issues, vunerable relatives etc. Then some, like me, who will be put off because they won't be certain of being able to go or sit with family or friends. No doubt there will be plenty who will decide to watch for free on TV rather than pay to attend. All in all I would be surprised if less than 6,000 opted out.  

Got my letter in the post today. 

You can register your family and friends on the website, and apply for tickets together. You only specify what block, not a specific seat. 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

Only guesswork but I imagine that those season ticket holders who want to go will get to see every other game.

Assuming we have 22,000 season ticket holders then we only need 6,000 of those to decide they don't want to come to reduce that to 16,000, meeing one game in two with the suggested 8,000 capacity.

There will be plenty who don't feel comfortable coming because of age, underlaying health issues, vunerable relatives etc. Then some, like me, who will be put off because they won't be certain of being able to go or sit with family or friends. No doubt there will be plenty who will decide to watch for free on TV rather than pay to attend. All in all I would be surprised if less than 6,000 opted out.  

It is a maximum of 8,000 in attendance so when the bubbles and empty seats between have been determined actual attendance may fall to 6,000 or less.

Window 1 is fine. It is the best the Club could do in the circumstances.

I fear that Mid Norfolk is right about window 2. This should have been focused on Home Members and/or giving the second pick to the most loyal home and away supporters.