Sign in to follow this  
yellowrider120

For attention of Griff

Totally agree with your recent analysis of Farke in the lunchtime online debate with PD and CS. Your prediction of how JH will be used may turn out to be just that. I would concur 100% and chillingly PD appears to confirm. If so then JH will be shafted by Farke just like JD was for much of the season. Also - despite the continuous hype it appears that the boy Idah is now relegated further down the strict pecking order. Would never be surprised to see him loaned out or even flogged off. Hope I'm wrong of course but can see it coming a mile off.

PD, CS, JD ?

I take it JH is Jordan Hugill ?

As for Griff in the thread title well i am lost.

Yours

confused.com

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

PD, CS, JD ?

I take it JH is Jordan Hugill ?

As for Griff in the thread title well i am lost.

Yours

confused.com

My guess is Paddy Davitt, Connor Southwell and Josip Drmic.

Not sure why the thread was created mind.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

My guess is Paddy Davitt, Connor Southwell and Josip Drmic.

Not sure why the thread was created mind.

Griff ?

37 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Griff ?

https://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/canaries-paddy-davitt-fan-debate-1-6825410

Griff at 13:40:35

Connor Southwell

Look - he's an excellent coach, that's clear. You cannot argue with his record of developing young players and implementing tactical ideas on a squad but like every coach, and human being, he isn't without flaws.

He'll know those, for sure. He spent lockdown analysing where NCFC had failed. He'll be hungrier than ever to put it right but he won't deter from his fundamentals. It'll be Norwich City 1.2 rather than Norwich City 2.0 I think. 

Griff: I have been underwhelmed, not to say critical, of Farke's poor tactics and use of subs for a few years now. Is he too stubborn to change his ways? Bar injuries, I dont think Ive seen Farke make the first sub. He is in my eyes too cautious in his in-game management. Also question how Hughill will be used. Based on Luton, our players dont know how to play with a target man. I fear Hughill will often be a 75 min sub, when chasing games.

I like the'based on Luton' comment for it's simplicity, lets all draw some conclusion based on one game.
Based on Luton, we're extremely vulnerable when we've scored.
Based on Luton, those 'blue' shirts are a jinx.
Based on Luton, Dowell will be our top scorer.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

https://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/canaries-paddy-davitt-fan-debate-1-6825410

Griff at 13:40:35

Connor Southwell

Look - he's an excellent coach, that's clear. You cannot argue with his record of developing young players and implementing tactical ideas on a squad but like every coach, and human being, he isn't without flaws.

He'll know those, for sure. He spent lockdown analysing where NCFC had failed. He'll be hungrier than ever to put it right but he won't deter from his fundamentals. It'll be Norwich City 1.2 rather than Norwich City 2.0 I think. 

Griff: I have been underwhelmed, not to say critical, of Farke's poor tactics and use of subs for a few years now. Is he too stubborn to change his ways? Bar injuries, I dont think Ive seen Farke make the first sub. He is in my eyes too cautious in his in-game management. Also question how Hughill will be used. Based on Luton, our players dont know how to play with a target man. I fear Hughill will often be a 75 min sub, when chasing games.

I like the'based on Luton' comment for it's simplicity, lets all draw some conclusion based on one game.
Based on Luton, we're extremely vulnerable when we've scored.
Based on Luton, those 'blue' shirts are a jinx.
Based on Luton, Dowell will be our top scorer.

Thank you for pasting the content helping out the OP who is admittedly of blunt mind when it comes to technical matters not helped on this occasion by being on holiday and having to use the phone. Yes - JH is of course Justin Hugill. The point remains that I have little confidence in Farke using the boys strengths and showing the flexibility required to bring about the best in our three strikers. 

6 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Thank you for pasting the content helping out the OP who is admittedly of blunt mind when it comes to technical matters not helped on this occasion by being on holiday and having to use the phone. Yes - JH is of course Justin Hugill. The point remains that I have little confidence in Farke using the boys strengths and showing the flexibility required to bring about the best in our three strikers. 

It's Jordan. There is a club rule that when in the Championship any striker we have to back up Pukki must be called Jordan. 😀

Edited by A Load of Squit
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

I think it's going to be intriguing how Hugill does fit in. He has to represent a departure from the tried, tested, rigidly stuck to and failed tactics Farke employed in seasons gone by - or it simply isn't going to work out for him.

I agree there's every chance he could get lost as a 75th minute impact sub who hasn't the time to get into games and hasn't the players around him to utilise his strengths. 

I would hope we look to the opposition. If a defence is more vulnerable to a more target man like striker, then Hugill needs to start. If movement and running is what's required, get in Teemu.