Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Foden and Greenwood kicked off of England team due to them bringing prostitutes to the hotel

11 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54059328

And Foden has a wife and kids at home. 

From Maguire getting arrested on holiday, from Walkers classic British brexit horror tackle red to now this.

What on earth is going wrong? 

tenor (17).gif

I've seen in local media a reference to local girls, but not necessarily prostitutes 

Not that it makes it any better 

Difficult life being over entitled, over privileged and over paid.

However, I'm sure there's an explanation to it somewhere

• Like 1

Next thing you will hear is .We didn’t mean to do this I have support of family and friends what a load of bollards 

4 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Southgate also states in the article that nothing happened in the area that the squad is occupying in the hotel.

"nothing happened but we are sending them home for no reason please stop asking questions"

Seems legit.

11 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

There is no mention of prostitutes  in the article. Any real truth in this or are massive assumptions being made.?

Indeed, seems hersay. Either way, they did indeed bring some kind of young, attractive women who like money somewere near one another.

10 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

There is no mention of prostitutes  in the article. Any real truth in this or are massive assumptions being made.?

Icelandic girls in local press

Our foreman at work laughed when I  said prostitutes had been suggested. He says its happened before that local girls try to get with "stars" when they visit 

This is all speculation, atm  though 

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

"nothing happened but we are sending them home for no reason please stop asking questions"

Seems legit.

Southgate said that nothing happened IN THE AREA THAT THE TEAM ARE OCCUPYING IN THE HOTEL. If Foden and Greenwood brought girls back to the hotel then Southgate wouldn't have made that comment.

2 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Southgate said that nothing happened IN THE AREA THAT THE TEAM ARE OCCUPYING IN THE HOTEL. If Foden and Greenwood brought girls back to the hotel then Southgate wouldn't have made that comment.

Not true, they could have  brought them into the hotel but not the area that was occupied by the England squad. " come back to our hotel for a nightcap, if you want, we can get a room" ... the boys would have had no probs paying for extra  rooms  if it was ' game on'.

3 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Not true, they could have  brought them into the hotel but not the area that was occupied by the England squad. " come back to our hotel for a nightcap, if you want, we can get a room" ... the boys would have had no probs paying for extra  rooms  if it was ' game on'.

Actually, that's a fair point. Probably explains why he said 'in the area that the team are occupying'.

Just now, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Actually, that's a fair point. Probably explains why he said 'in the area that the team are occupying'.

Yep, when addressing  the press, Sourhgate would have chosen his words very carefully. Telling the truth , but not the details. Standard operating procedure.

Tbf Scandinavian Girls are pretty phenomenal on average. Excellent personalities, good conversationalists, very widely educated. 

Just now, The Real Buh said:

Tbf Scandinavian Girls are pretty phenomenal on average. Excellent personalities, good conversationalists, very widely educated. 

Yep, had a Danish GF back  in  early eighties.  Smart, funny and beautiful,..... that's what she said about me anyway.😉👍😄

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Southgate said that nothing happened IN THE AREA THAT THE TEAM ARE OCCUPYING IN THE HOTEL

I suppose that excludes the broom cupboards and place outside where the bins are kept. 🤔🤣

Apples

Just Google-translated that Icelandic article. No mention of prostitutes (Google Translate is generally somewhat more effective with the Germanic languages, which includes Icelandic) so we can't feasibly know this for now.

Someone's been stir-crazy in this bubble though.

Mind you, I've got a half-marathon in Reykjavik in late October. Maybe I could get their phone numbers? 😉 

20 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Is Iceland Scandinavia? 

1 minute ago, Van wink said:

I hope they gave a tip

You'd asssume they gave more than just the tip.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Norfolk Dan said:

Is Iceland Scandinavia? 

Technically "Scandinavia" is just Norway and Sweden as they're on the Scandinavian peninsula. In common usage Denmark tends to get lobbed in even though it's on the other side of the Skaggerak/Kattegat (total guess at this point, but probably as their three languages are pretty close compared to Icelandic, which is also a Germanic one). It's probably more accurate to describe them as Nordic. That covers Denmark, Iceland, Sweden, Norway, Finland and all semi-autonomous regions (so the Faroe Islands, the Aland Islands, etc.).

Can only dream of what being 18/19 years old, a millionaire, a potential footballing superstar and playing for one of the worlds biggest clubs.

If that doesn't get you any privileges in life then I dont know what does. 

50 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Local news in English, suggests this is correct 

EDIT - article says the girls booked their own rooms 

Edited by How I Wrote Elastic Man

46 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Anyone for Trivial pursuits?