Sign in to follow this  
Saint Canary

Is Rick Waghorn deluded, or just on the City payroll?

From Rick Waghorn''s article on the Pink Un homepage about the loans.

"At 6ft 2in and equally at home at both centre-half and in central midfield, Rehman''s versatility and physicality will certainly help stiffen the Canaries'' resolve for one last bid for the play-offs after a difficult and all too often turbulent campaign."

I not saying Rehman is not a good player but does anyone really think he will prove the catalyst for City to go on an amazing run and make up an 8 point deficit on Preston?

Any chance he could take he Yellow & Green tinted specs off for one day and actually be objective about City?  Come on Rick, I know you will rely on City for information and you do not want to bite the hand that feeds but lets be honest Rehman is not the answer to our problems unless he can play wide right!  Now I may merely be a "Citizen Journalist" but even I am not stupid enough not to realise that we need a right winger.  If we pulls one out of the bag then great but Rehman will provide nothing more than good cover over 3 positions.  He is not missing piece of the puzzle to reach the play offs though.

Cue MadDan to defend his alter ego.

[quote user="Saint Canary"]

"At 6ft 2in and equally at home at both centre-half and in central midfield, Rehman''s versatility and physicality will certainly help stiffen the Canaries'' resolve for one last bid for the play-offs after a difficult and all too often turbulent campaign."

I not saying Rehman is not a good player but does anyone really think he will prove the catalyst for City to go on an amazing run and make up an 8 point deficit on Preston?

Any chance he could take he Yellow & Green tinted specs off for one day and actually be objective about City?  Come on Rick, I know you will rely on City for information and you do not want to bite the hand that feeds but lets be honest Rehman is not the answer to our problems unless he can play wide right!  Now I may merely be a "Citizen Journalist" but even I am not stupid enough not to realise that we need a right winger.  If we pulls one out of the bag then great but Rehman will provide nothing more than good cover over 3 positions.  He is not missing piece of the puzzle to reach the play offs though.

[/quote]

lets hope he can...  Maybe JJ is gonna play right wing??  apparantly he is tall but lightweight so not really a target man.  As he is 6ft plus worthy will play him as one though - true to form.

[quote user="Paul Rankin"][quote user="Saint Canary"]

[/quote]

lets hope he can...  Maybe JJ is gonna play right wing??  apparantly he is tall but lightweight so not really a target man.  As he is 6ft plus worthy will play him as one though - true to form.

[/quote]

You''re probably not far wrong, Paul. Rivers on the wing, Jonson on the wing, Thorne on the wing....ffs, is anyone else, like me, not only appalled, but also extremely embarrassed by the incompetence shown by the manager? Does he not realise that players have designated positions and not EVERY player is a utility man?!

Zesh is an OK player but does not really fit the gap that city need filling - he is defensively minded (just like Safri) but I cant see him doing the fight flank job we really really need.  

My initial reaction is that he will play alongside Doc with Flem going to right back;  a wrong assumption maybe but did we really need another holding midfielder???

Good player, wrong time.

JJ (an ominous set of initials?!) is a forward, so will inevitably be targetted at right flank!   He again should do well at this level assuming, his motivation is right, but like earnshaw needs a different sort of service to that currently being dished up.

" Cue MadDan to defend his alter ego."

Not me that is obsessed with Rick Waghorn or uses an expression " Citizen Journalist " that was only used once one of young Rankine''s slanderous posts that was quickly taken down.

More suspicious minds might suggest that there is more than just coincidence to that fact.

However without the benefits of a university education it would be hard to say.

You do seem obsessed with university education Dan.  Did your love of City mean you could not afford to go to university because you spent your 50p a week wages from making Coleman’s Mustard on your season ticket?

Saint Canary typed:

Saint, who are you directly quoting when you quote: ..."Citizen Journalist" (I presume it''s from a Rick Waghorn column but not totally sure)?

Just wondered as it seems a rather odd quote by whomever you''re quoting - I''m fairly sure they meant "Civilian Journalist", i.e. someone who purports to write news stories but isn''t actually qualified to do so.

Citizen Journalist (for me) doesn''t really make any sense as a title or phrase and seems to have probably been missed by a "lazy journalist" when proof-reading his news story...