cambridgeshire canary

embarrassing loss and sign of things to come or just an unexperenced team minus 15 players ?

Tragic that people unaware that most players are out and we’ve made a signing.   

• Like 1

The way we defend as a team is lazy and uninspired. You need to lock all the players in a room and show them these howlers on repeat and haunt them. 

when the opposition have the ball you have to give 100% to get it off them. That’s the bottom line. We are always on the beach when we aren’t on the ball

1 minute ago, BigManInTheBarclay said:

Wow! Didn't take long for the keyboard worriers to start.

We had most of out first team on international duty people!

Get a grip!

The defence is the worrying part. Sounded like it was as poor as our regular 11-

And lets be honest Zimmerman and Klose letting 2 + 1 in against Luton is a worry.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Farke is the weak link... goodbye.

In all seriousness this season is going to be really tough, todays result aside, we can't repeat last season again or will be back in League One with the SCUM.

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

We had the chance to have played this last weekend when we would have had an extra 14 players available.

We chose that an extra game in Germany and some go-karting was more important..

We played four games in the space of a week, as well as having valuable bonding time as a squad. If we'd have cancelled the tour just to accommodate that match then frankly I'd doubt Farke's sanity. Season starts next Saturday.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, BigManInTheBarclay said:

Wow! Didn't take long for the keyboard worriers to start.

We had most of out first team on international duty people!

Get a grip!

Exactly, not even close to a starting 11 for us as things stand. Why do people choose to ignore that? Strange.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

We played four games in the space of a week, as well as having valuable bonding time as a squad. If we'd have cancelled the tour just to accommodate that match then frankly I'd doubt Farke's sanity. Season starts next Saturday.

I wasnt suggesting cancelling the tour....play 2 games and instead of playing the third come back and play this game last week, incorporating it into part of pre season

We knew we'd have those players unavailable whilst Luton had 1 out.

If we were prepared to bin off a cup competition for an extra couple of days of 'bonding' ending with a game vs a German team on a playing field, then that shows how serioysly we were taking the competition.

If theyre not bothered about it then I'm not

• Like 1

Just now, BigGrantsTash said:

Hugill, Steipermann, Dowell, Tettey, Rupp, Hernandez, Vrancic, Klose and Zimmerman all first team players.

That maybe so, but only a handful will be first choice, if at all.

• Like 2

How competitive is a fixture meant to be when it is played 2 weeks before the league starts, 6 weeks since the last season ended, 4 weeks of transfer window left and with a full international schedule? Throw in the ridiculously congested rest of the season and I can see why the club management decided to treat it like it barely existed as a game. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BigGrantsTash said:

Hugill, Steipermann, Dowell, Tettey, Rupp, Hernandez, Vrancic, Klose and Zimmerman all first team players.

Really? Stiepermann, Klose and Vrancic are first team? Squad players at best. Even Hugill is probably 2nd choice.

2 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

That maybe so, but only a handful will be first choice, if at all.

I’m not so sure. Plenty were regulars last season and the season before that.

3 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I wasnt suggesting cancelling the tour....play 2 games and instead of playing the third come back and play this game last week, incorporating it into part of pre season

We knew we'd have those players unavailable whilst Luton had 1 out.

If we were prepared to bin off a cup competition for an extra couple of days of 'bonding' ending with a game vs a German team on a playing field, then that shows how serioysly we were taking the competition.

If theyre not bothered about it then I'm not

I'm not bothered about it either. The club did the right thing.

That’s a depleted team that hardly any of them will start our first league match but there was still plenty of quality and experience in that starting 11. Also depending on who is still to leave in the next month some of these players will be required to step up. It’s a meaningless game today but we’ve now lost 12 on the bounce and could have done with a moral boost going into the first match. Onwards and hopefully upwards 

1 minute ago, BigGrantsTash said:

I’m not so sure. Plenty were regulars last season and the season before that.

Any regular time was probably achieved only because of injuries to the first choices. Most are squad players who come on as substitutes.

I would expect only 1 of those players named today to be in contention to start next Saturday. ONE. 

2 minutes ago, 1902 said:

Really? Stiepermann, Klose and Vrancic are first team? Squad players at best. Even Hugill is probably 2nd choice.

The first team encompasses more than 11 players. Those 3 were regulars when we won this league 2 years ago. Two of them are internationals and we can’t be sure who Farke thinks is his best 11. 

1 minute ago, A Load of Squit said:

I've sent my season ticket back as a protest, who's with me? 😀

Ive sent mine without a stamp on it.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BigGrantsTash said:

The first team encompasses more than 11 players. Those 3 were regulars when we won this league 2 years ago. Two of them are internationals and we can’t be sure who Farke thinks is his best 11. 

So which of those that played today are starting next Saturday then, Tash?

3 minutes ago, BigGrantsTash said:

Both Bosnia and Switzerland played in the last two days, so I'm not sure we can argue they are current internationals. Also we bought 10 players since. I'm not saying none of them have a role this season, but your post suggested this was anywhere close to the kind of team we would expect to start in the league, which you must agree is unlikely to be the case?

1 minute ago, First Wazzock said:

I can remember losing at home to Luton in the cup and that was far more embarrassing than today...

More heartbreaking than embarrassing.

I blahhed 😥

• Haha 1