Greavsy

Lewis to Newcastle for £13.5M according to mirror.

No Lewis agsinst my beloved Norway now

Nord-Irland starting 11

3-5-2: Peacock-Farrell - Smith, Catchcart, Ballard - Dallas, Thompson, Davis, Saville, Ferguson - McNair, Washington

7 hours ago, GJP said:

You've gone early on that. We shall see.

I really think we do. McCallum was excellent last season, and I see his progression taking a sharp upward trajectory with us. Cov have brought some cracking young players through recently. 

26 minutes ago, crispeduk said:

Apologies if this already dealt with but do Luton get any sort of cut from our deal with Newcastle for Jamal?

They released him...

39 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

I really think we do. McCallum was excellent last season, and I see his progression taking a sharp upward trajectory with us. Cov have brought some cracking young players through recently. 

They have had some excellent Players especially as where they are located with some bigger clubs around  

Can anyone tell me why Jamal wanted to leave? Im not talking this summer, Im talking about the rumours that he wanted out since about mid-season. Wanting Premier League football and bigger club is self-explanatory, but had we stayed up, I think a number of our players would be happy staying, yet Lewis I feel would have gone anyway. Lewis was Farke's first real protege so its not that Farke didnt rate him. Ever since Byram displaced him (because of injury?) and he had to fight for his place he has seemed to have wanted out. Can anyone say why?

20 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Can anyone tell me why Jamal wanted to leave? Im not talking this summer, Im talking about the rumours that he wanted out since about mid-season. Wanting Premier League football and bigger club is self-explanatory, but had we stayed up, I think a number of our players would be happy staying, yet Lewis I feel would have gone anyway. Lewis was Farke's first real protege so its not that Farke didnt rate him. Ever since Byram displaced him (because of injury?) and he had to fight for his place he has seemed to have wanted out. Can anyone say why?

I can only speculate but when you are not necessarily first choice anymore then it must be disconcerting and thoughts of a move must be more than fleeting.

And out of the class of 2018, he appeared to get the most stick if posts on here are anything to judge by.

44 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I can only speculate but when you are not necessarily first choice anymore then it must be disconcerting and thoughts of a move must be more than fleeting.

And out of the class of 2018, he appeared to get the most stick if posts on here are anything to judge by.

Er, are you forgetting a young guy called Cantwell?  All he has to do is post something on twitter and he’ll get a tonne of grief. Tbh I don’t recall Lewis ever being given stick on here 

12 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Er, are you forgetting a young guy called Cantwell?  All he has to do is post something on twitter and he’ll get a tonne of grief. Tbh I don’t recall Lewis ever being given stick on here 

You're right, Lewis has received little to no stick on here...

Keelansgrandad is the Pink'Un's very own Joe (Dementia) Biden 😉

I suspect their agents were telling them of interest from top 6 clubs and elite European sides all the while we were bottom of the league and looking like dropping which we ultimately did.

I feel like Godfrey especially may have scuppered his chance of a move to one of these clubs with his poor form since then, hopefully we can get him going again with a quality player like Gibson next to him/challenging him. If we keep Emi and Aarons I'll be delighted!

As for Cantwell, it'll be interesting to see how well he does in the championship this time round as he hardly excelled before but has clearly improved massively over the last year. If he does go, I probably won't miss him as much as the others though

On 05/09/2020 at 10:01, A Load of Squit said:

OK, thanks.

Have you seen the thread that's dedicated to transfers, it's called Official Transfer Rumour Thread?

😀

Have you notice this thread has 159 replies and over 6000 views. 

Not bad for an "unofficial thread" ☺️😊😛😄

Oh. And at time of writing "offical thread" hasn't been updated for 19 hours. 

Just saying...... 

4 hours ago, Il Pirata said:

Dabo was the man who chaperoned Sam at Coventry last season.Wish we had bought the pair of full backs. 

9 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Just saying...... 

Let it go, you'll feel so much better. 😀

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

And so will we when we can read the content the thread is supposed to be about, uncluttered by playground name calling.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

Just pointing out that this board can and should be multi faceted. 

Had Byram not have got injured don’t think Lewis would have played much after Christmas so maybe that’s why he wanted out if indeed he did.

17 hours ago, Olano said:

No Lewis agsinst my beloved Norway now

Nord-Irland starting 11

3-5-2: Peacock-Farrell - Smith, Catchcart, Ballard - Dallas, Thompson, Davis, Saville, Ferguson - McNair, Washington

Have a word with that Erling Haaland fella, will ya? Im ,sure he'd find Norfolk a very congenial place to move to. What a beast of a young man, what a finisher and what an unselfish lay of to his strike partner. Dortmund must be itching to shift him on.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Have a word with that Erling Haaland fella, will ya? Im ,sure he'd find Norfolk a very congenial place to move to. What a beast of a young man, what a finisher and what an unselfish lay of to his strike partner. Dortmund must be itching to shift him on.

Mebbe we could get Ajer from Celtic? Big centre-half. Likes to pass it out. Knows British football. (Probably costs far too much).

19 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Mebbe we could get Ajer from Celtic? Big centre-half. Likes to pass it out. Knows British football. (Probably costs far too much).

If we want Norwegian players now, then we have to start looking at norwegian side Bodø/Glimt. They are one of the team in Norway with less money. And after 50% of the games they have not lost. 

Patrick Berg (SM) 

Jens Petter Hauge (LM) 

Is 2 players that are ready to play in a team like Norwich 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Just saying...... 

This post should be in the non-football section.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Olano said:

If we want Norwegian players now, then we have to start looking at norwegian side Bodø/Glimt. They are one of the team in Norway with less money. And after 50% of the games they have not lost. 

Patrick Berg (SM) 

Jens Petter Hauge (LM) 

Is 2 players that are ready to play in a team like Norwich 

Would be nice to see Bodø win it, considering that they've come second on several occasions.

• Like 1

Perhaps it's just me (embarrassingly) but I always view leaving players in one of four categories.

1. The players I can't wait to get out of the club 

2. The players who I think have been good servants but hardly club legends.

3. Players who have given their all for the club. Would buy a pint.

4. Club legends. When they leave it's like losing an arm (just kidding 😂).

I think Jamal probably fits in no.2. Have never really felt he's cared that much about the club. Perhaps harsh, but I've always felt some players give over a feeling they love being here. Jamal has never been one of them.

5 minutes ago, TheGoogler said:

Perhaps it's just me (embarrassingly) but I always view leaving players in one of four categories.

1. The players I can't wait to get out of the club 

2. The players who I think have been good servants but hardly club legends.

3. Players who have given their all for the club. Would buy a pint.

4. Club legends. When they leave it's like losing an arm (just kidding 😂).

I think Jamal probably fits in no.2. Have never really felt he's cared that much about the club. Perhaps harsh, but I've always felt some players give over a feeling they love being here. Jamal has never been one of them.

Most players of any team don't really care about the club, though the can change towards the end of a players career. 

Footballers are mercenaries who have a shelf life and will go where the money is. There are probably many Norwich players who would go elsewhere if they could get a much better deal. Ditto any other club. 

The days of players running a pub or a newsagent in the area after they retire have long gone. I ignore pretty much anything a player says, because most of the time they talk in cliches and/or complete moronic rubbish. 

Lewis seems a decent guy who wants to get as much out of his career as he can. Staying here would have served him no purpose, so it will be interesting to see how he gets on. 

Mildly amusing after scores of Liverpool fans took to social media to say we'd regret not accepting ther 10 million bid. 

We were right to hold out. 

• Like 1