Greavsy

Lewis to Newcastle for £13.5M according to mirror.

Michael Bailey tweeted earlier saying as much. Nearly £14m plus significant add ons.

Seeing as he's been already replaced I'm quite happy for this to happen. Good move for him i reckon as well

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Michael Bailey tweeted earlier saying as much. Nearly £14m plus significant add ons.

Seeing as he's been already replaced I'm quite happy for this to happen. Good move for him i reckon as well

Yep - and is being discussed in the transfer rumours thread

1 minute ago, Tetteys Jig said:

He clearly want's a move since Liverpool deliberetly tried to unnerve him to force a move.

Either way if those bonuses increase the price to 20 million than sure, let him go.. Not that I think Newcastle is the best club for him mind

9 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

OK, thanks.

Have you seen the thread that's dedicated to transfers, it's called Official Transfer Rumour Thread?

😀

Did you see my final sentance?

☺ 

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

Did you see my final sentance?

☺ 

You mean the one you added 12 minutes after the OP?

Apologies if this is posted elsewhere. 

Edited 12 minutes ago by Greavsy

• Like 1

No real surprise. To have spent 3m on McCallum to then sign Quintilla too aroused suspicions...Byram can also play there.

Now if Aarons follows him out of the door, before Byram is back fit that really would give us a problem

7 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Was actually 2 minutes, but let's not let facts get in the way of you proving an irrelevant point. 

Jeez, wish I hadn't bothered now. 

Schools must be back soon. 

• Like 2

Decent player, hope it goes better for him than Jacobs move. Tough place to go though... Fee seems reasonable. One more (preferably Cantwell) and all in all a decent transfer window (especially if we can get moves for the difficult three Leather, Trybull and the pop star)

3 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Was actually 2 minutes, but let's not let facts get in the way of you proving an irrelevant point. 

Jeez, wish I hadn't bothered now. 

Schools must be back soon. 

Have you seen the thread dedicated to people having an sense of humour, it's called 'Lighten Up it's just a Joke'.

A bit disappointed with the fee if true, especially after forest managed to get so much for Matty Cash - an older full back with no prem experience.

Perhaps it says more about the reputations of Villa and Newcastle than it does anything else. Cash splashers vs penny pinchers. Shame Villa didn’t come in for Lewis - surely we could’ve bumped up to 17-18m or more.

Could also be that we’ve loosened our position to get things moving, knowing we need to cut down our bloated squad somewhat. One of Buendia or Cantwell will probably have to follow?

Decent fee considering addons etc probably could take it to 16-18m you assume?

About the best we are going to get in this climate.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Burn him at the stake!!!!

Just now, A Load of Squit said:

Have you seen the thread dedicated to people having an sense of humour, it's called 'Lighten Up it's just a Joke'.

No, because it's not an official one. 

Is that an apology for you getting your facts wrong, saying it was just a joke. I'll wait 

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

No, because it's not an official one. 

Is that an apology for you getting your facts wrong, saying it was just a joke. I'll wait 

Should I go back and edit my original post?

3 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Should I go back and edit my original post?

Your choice. It's a forum, so people can post what they like where they like, but always best to be factual. 

Have a good day. 

£14.75m + add ons + sell on clause (Source: Athletic via Michael Bailey) I think is ultimately decent business. 

Anything over £15m, which in essence this is, is good money for a full-back who in my opinion is a mid/lower Prem Table regular starter. He's too good to be playing in the Championship but not good enough to play for a Top 10 side regularly. 

If we were to get £30m+ for him and Cantwell and keep Buendia and Aarons then this would have been a great transfer window. How many people would say Lewis was worth £15m+ a year ago? or indeed Cantwell? 

Aarons and Buendia are the two players I would be genuinely sad to see go, as the two best talents we have. Anything under £20m each for those two would be very disappointing. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

A bit disappointed with the fee if true, especially after forest managed to get so much for Matty Cash - an older full back with no prem experience.

Perhaps it says more about the reputations of Villa and Newcastle than it does anything else. Cash splashers vs penny pinchers. Shame Villa didn’t come in for Lewis - surely we could’ve bumped up to 17-18m or more.

Keep seeing people saying this and it's embarrassing really. 

Matty Cash is a far superior player to Jamal Lewis. He can use both feet, he can score goals, he can cross the ball (with both feet), he has been a revelation since being converted into a full back, and Forest knocked back a £6m offer from Chelsea for him 3 years ago, he hasn't just come out of nowhere. 

We'll do well to match that fee, is good business. 

Norwich fans massively over rating some of our players, Jamal Lewis in particular. Liverpool never wanted him, they just used him to pressure the Greeks into accepting their offer for a better player.

Lewis looked average at best in the Premier League, out of his depth at worst, £14m good business. 

Max Aaron's a far superior player, and we should riot if his fee is below £25m, maybe even £30m. 

And Cash is a whopping 5 months older, so is age even worth mentioning? 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Matty Cash is a far superior player to Jamal Lewis. He can use both feet, he can score goals, he can cross the ball (with both feet), he has been a revelation since being converted into a full back, and Forest knocked back a £6m offer from Chelsea for him 3 years ago.

Norwich fans massively over rating some of our players, Jamal Lewis in particular. Liverpool never wanted him, they just used him to pressure the Greeks into accepting their offer for a better player.

Lewis looked average at best in the Premier League, out of his depth at worst, £14m good business. 

Max Aaron's a far superior player, and we should riot if his fee is below £25m.

I completely agree far to many weak points to his game for him to be worth anymore, I really hope max stays I'd be gutted if he went.

46 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

OK, thanks.

Have you seen the thread that's dedicated to transfers, it's called Official Transfer Rumour Thread?

😀

I'd much rather big transfer news be posted as a new topic as i rarely check the transfers topic as its mostly full of nonsense. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Could also be that we’ve loosened our position to get things moving, knowing we need to cut down our bloated squad somewhat. One of Buendia or Cantwell will probably have to follow?

If we've got a sell-on clause, I'd disagree - and there are hints that we just might have. That would be one of those occasions where some future cash-flow is actually better than all the cash coming in today. I suspect that will be the crux of any movement as half the point of bringing along youngsters is future cash-flow for the club.

Obviously most of that will be in the form of bigger transfer fees, but if we could get 10% of, say, another £15 million transfer fee in the future, we've pulled out a million-and-a-half with no extra effort.

Plus we've negotiated a sell on fee, according to Michael Bailey.

£14m plus add ons is a great bit of business for Lewis, plus we have plenty of cover for left back.

• Like 1

Sell on fees are good for future income as you say, but sometimes it's a % of any profit over the original selling price. Although inflation would help that too. 

1 minute ago, Diane said:

Plus we've negotiated a sell on fee, according to Michael Bailey.

£14m plus add ons is a great bit of business for Lewis, plus we have plenty of cover for left back.

I would assume one of the bonuses would probably be a "dont get them relegated" clause, so if Newcastle stay up wonder how much extra we might get paid?

17 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Matty Cash is a far superior player to Jamal Lewis. He can use both feet, he can score goals, he can cross the ball (with both feet), he has been a revelation since being converted into a full back, and Forest knocked back a £6m offer from Chelsea for him 3 years ago.

Max Aaron's a far superior player, and we should riot if his fee is below £25m.

Thanks for the explanation - but no need for the unpleasantness.

You may not rate him but Lewis is very highly regarded and has often been singled out as our key man - interesting that you pick out Aarons who clearly struggled in the early stages of our campaign and only came good later on (which I felt Lewis did too overall). In fact all of our golden 5 went through peaks and troughs, Buendia was anonymous or poor in plenty of games, Godfrey had a few stinkers, as did Cantwell. I think it’s common nature for youngsters in a new league playing for an unfortunately ****e team.

Maybe Cash is the better player, but usually a season of prem football will bolster a fee whereas there is still some degree of risk in not knowing how the step up will be received for the former. 

I also think it’s a valid point that we are probably not able to extract a bigger fee from Newcastle than we are Villa - is it not?

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler