Tettey   Vrancic         

Sorenson  Rupp

Buendia              Dowell                Cantwell 

Placheta         Steipermann       Hernandez

Martin                                            Sinani

Pukki

Hugill

Idah

Obviously player sales before October could derail this plus injuries.

...but looking at this squad ,at championship level , there really cannot be any excuses for falling short of a promotion challenge.....particularly when its in my opinion, a weak looking league with not a great deal of clubs spending a lot of money in this climate.

....as for weaknesses?.... selling Aarons before Byram is back fit could provide a problem. Wouldnt mind a better back up keeper....plus the mix of the 2 holding midfielders has to be right, just hope Farke isnt clouded by his 'favourites' in this department

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

There are 31 players there so it will have to be cut down anyway, to or close to 25, depending on the number of youngsters.

Ps. And I too would like a better second keeper, but that may be tricky.

Edited by PurpleCanary

They could all continue to be rubbish as per last season showing no fight, no plan B and generally making it look like men against boys. Thinking we will walk this division is tempting fate. We surprised them last time, but not this time. Cantwell could continue to look good while also being good at giving the ball away.

😉

Edited by KiwiScot

1 minute ago, PurpleCanary said:

There are 31 players there so it will have to be cut down anyway, to or close to 25, depending on the number of youngsters.

Are under u21's included as part of a 25 (has that ruling been officially announced??)....theres a fair number that would fall into that category if so?

I think they are - can hardly expect sides to go into this foreshortened season (in time not games) without decent depth.  
Imo our weak point could be keeper if Krul gets injured, but the young lads could come good.

7 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Are under u21's included as part of a 25 (has that ruling been officially announced??)....theres a fair number that would fall into that category if so?

8 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Not sure of the rules. For example, whether it is players actually under 21 or players still eligible to play for the U-21s, which are two different things. Todd Cantwell is 22 but still playing for the U-21s.

@GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary - Placheta's definitely a left-winger, not so sure why he's on the right on your list. Still great depth though. Very interested to see how Barden holds up, as generally we've had a decent knack of bringing goalies on.

It's an extremely strong squad as it stands and I think we could lose Godfrey, Lewis or Cantwell without it being disastrous. As you point out though, losing Aarons would probably mean 18 year old Mumba in at the deep end which would be concerning.

Ben Gibson has said in his interview that the club has everything in place and there are no excuses to fail. He looks another good signing really keen to play and show what he can do, I think we have a large hungry squad and although the championship is never easy I can't imagine that the club could have done any more in preparation for this season.

With regard to u21s, I believe (As rules were stated after EFL vote)you don’t include anyone born on or after 1/1/1999 unless they are loans. By my calculations that would mean a squad of 26 with Aaron’s, Mumba, McCallum, Martin, Idah U21 s. Assume the odd one out would be Famewo who may well go on loan

• Like 1