Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Gibson official

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

3 at the back is fun and all but how handling it? We played 3 at the back around 2 seasons ago with 2 up top and a makeshift 5 with Lewis and Reed as makeshift wingbacks and it didnt quite work out

Well having an almost entirely different team to over 2 seasons ago might make this option exactly that. An option. 

Great signing, and a loan to permanent based on conditions makes perfect sense in this (and many) instances.

I'd suggest the ones moaning now that he is 'only a loan' would also be the ones moaning about his waste of money fee if he were permanent and didn't work out.

Imagine we'd shelled out £9m or £10m on Amadou.

9 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Glorified friendly for all I care to be honest, rather we get out of it early to ease our fixture congestion so we can focus on the league in all honestly

Hope we win and those not in the immediate frame can stake a claim. Exciting times ahead and Daniel still steering the ship is marvellous.

• Like 2

Excellent signing. A good defensive option. Ironically, making our squad better than last season. Bring on the first game!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

Seems Gibson has really managed to upset some Burnley fans (and also Boro fans but that's different). Wonder if he really does have a bad attituide or if it's just something like our Naismith situation.

Not true. My brother knows him and says he’s one of the most down to earth footballers around. 

too lad. Top signing. 

11 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Mee and Tarkowski have been a consistent pairing at Burnley for a while now....if Gibson wasnt able to get into the team ahead of them , I'm not sure what the anger is about?

To be fair to him his only game for them was a 5-1 defeat to Everton where if you watch the highlights Mee and Tarkowski were all over the place (they were possibly trying 3 at the back and it didn’t work) but Gibson got dropped and never given another opportunity. So I can see why he is a bit resentful. He was in the England squad around that time and basically was then not able to play a game for two years. 

• Like 1

Not sure why people are being so harsh on Amadou, he spent most of his game time being forced to play as a CB due to our injury problems, and never got a run in his main position to prove himself.

He may or may not have been good enough, but it's not like he was given much chance to really show it either.

10 hours ago, CUSDP said:

Not true. My brother knows him and says he’s one of the most down to earth footballers around. 

too lad. Top signing. 

Nice to meet you, Ben.

Hi new to this board . The Burnley 5-1 defeat keeps getting raised . Gibson was only on the pitch for three of the goals . He scored Burnleys only goal . After the match he was the supporters man of the match . Mee and Tarkowski were a shambles . So Gibson was dropped . That should have told him what to expect .

• Like 1

Just listened to the interview with Ben. Sounds like just the man we need at the back. Talks well, sounds like a leader. Like the fact that he demands the best of everyone and himself. During these strange times I can think of no better time than to put him straight in. Play three at the back. Zimmerman Godfrey Gibson with two wing backs in Aaron's and Quintilla.