Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Hernandez and Quintilla injured- Return of the before season injury curse?

https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2020/september/team-news-byram-and-hanley-remain-sidelined/

God I hope not, but just when we were starting to be all "damn such a massive squad, such depth!" the irony kicks in and we get players injured. Not too fussed about Quintilla but hernandez is the bigger worry for me- Really was hoping he would be our main man for the Luton match.

Who knows, maybe he will make it as it says but do we really want him to risk it and potentialy worsen the injury for a pointless cup match that might as well be another pre season friendly? Much as I would love a win I really would not care if we were to lose hell a part of me would be happy if we were out of the cup straight away much less fixture congesstion to worry about and we can focus getting into the top six of the league

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Blessing in disguise, keep Hernandez fresh for the league and let someone else have a turn for this Cup game which is basically a glorified friendly

By the sounds of it the players are just not being risked and if Norwich really wanted to they could have played them in this game. There have been pictures of Hernandez training all over Norwich's social media which doesn't suggest he is particularly hurt. When McCallum can step into Xavi's place and Martin can take Hernandez's then I don't think it's too much to worry about. 

It has been the most injury free pre-season of Farke's Norwich career so far.

31 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

By the sounds of it the players are just not being risked and if Norwich really wanted to they could have played them in this game. There have been pictures of Hernandez training all over Norwich's social media which doesn't suggest he is particularly hurt. When McCallum can step into Xavi's place and Martin can take Hernandez's then I don't think it's too much to worry about. 

It has been the most injury free pre-season of Farke's Norwich career so far.

If he is fit to play I at least hope he comes on as a 60 minute sub.

Him against tired legs is always fun to watch

7 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

If he is fit to play I at least hope he comes on as a 60 minute sub.

Him against tired legs is always fun to watch

Also got Placheta for some of that now.