Sign in to follow this  
hps2031a

Ben Godfey

Firstly this maybe irrelevant, as he have leave for pastures new, but if he doesn’t. 
l still believe Ben Godfey would make a much better defensive midfielder than a centre back, I see him in the same mould as Declan Rice at West Ham, and also think,  that is where he would be if we had, had better cover at centre back, young reasonably strong, athletic, can pass and tackle, could dictate from centre midfield, any one else think along the same lines?

36 minutes ago, hps2031a said:

Firstly this maybe irrelevant, as he have leave for pastures new, but if he doesn’t. 
l still believe Ben Godfey would make a much better defensive midfielder than a centre back, I see him in the same mould as Declan Rice at West Ham, and also think,  that is where he would be if we had, had better cover at centre back, young reasonably strong, athletic, can pass and tackle, could dictate from centre midfield, any one else think along the same lines?

The analogy to Declan Rice is an interesting one, definitely see what you mean. 

I think it's fairly settled that as long as he plays at Norwich under Daniel Farke he's going to be considered a centre back.

He is a centre back for sure, but he is the kind of footballer who could play anywhere on the pitch, so it is not entirely wrong to think he could go back to being a centre midfielder.......but for the moment he is a CB.  

What would be very interesting imo would be a three CB set up with him in the middle, enabling him to get forwards more than he does now. With Zimmermann and Gibson or Hanley on either side, he could have that freedom and ability that could make him a person to build the team round. 

1 hour ago, hps2031a said:

Roight! Just done a Bilious style background check on you. 37 posts in Ten Years? Hmmmm, who are you really ? Stuck on the A12? on the way to Rennes? I wonder if youre Hand Crank, or Jools or whoever posting guff when you know thats Bilious' job., Oh, forgot, Liar!!

😇👍😀