For me:

Krul

Aarons, Zimmerman, Godfrey, Lewis

Skipp, McLean

Cantwell, Dowell, Hernandez

Pukki

Subs: Barden, Klose, Quintilla, Rupp, Placheta, Vrancic, Idah

Edited by All the Germans
We only have one player called Hernandez...

I think Farke will pick players with experience in this league (or English football) to begin with, where possible. I'd imagine it would be something like:

Krul; Aarons, Zimmermann, Godfrey, McCullum (Lewis or Quintilla, if here/fit); Tettey, Skipp; Cantwell, Dowell, Hernandez; Pukki

Subs: McGovern, Gibson, Sorensen, McLean, Placheta, Hugill, Idah/Martin

Christ we have a lot of players!

Yes, agree with the above teams. I’d play Sorensen over Mclean or Tettey but Farke won’t.

I’m also not sure where Farke is with Cantwell in this pre season but it would be brave not to start with him given his form last season and the fact Buendia is not available.

only real question mark for me is whether Placheta or Hernandez gets the nod on the wing. 

Reading Farke today, and he does not think Gibson is up to scratch just yet

“What I would say is we have to be a bit careful not to put too much competitive load on his shoulders. His last game was in January 2019. He was not training with Burnley.

“We have to wait a bit for him to be physically at his best, but it was quite important to have him.”"

What it will be and what I would like are not the same.

What I think is (Buendia suspended)

Krul

Aarons Godfrey Zimmermann Quintilla

MacLean Skipp

Cantwell Dowell Placheta

Pukki

Krul

Aarons Godfrey Zimmermann McCallum

Tettey Skipp

Cantwell Dowell Placheta

Pukki

Interesting Most go for Pukki 

Yes he was on Fire last time we were in this League 

But has not been Great since that Injury and Missed chances he would Normally have scored before

i would go for Hugill  maybe Just a reminder to Pukki has to up his game to be No1 Striker

of course that might damage his already low confidence hard one to call on that side of things ? 

Tough one this but my team would be

Krul 

Zimmerman Godfrey Gibson

Aaron's Skipp Mclean Quintilla

Dowell  Cantwell

Pukki

Subs

Placheta Hernandez Tettey Sorensen Hugill Idah Mcgovern

• Like 1

Krul

Aarons Godfrey Gibson Quintilla

Skipp McClean

Cantwell Dowell Placheta

Pukki

Subs: Mcgovern, Zimmerman, McCullum, Sorensen, Hernandez, Hugill, Tettey, Stiepermann, Idah, Martin.

That’s  a big squad to choose from.

Interesting to see many favouring placheta over hernandez?

Hernandez was our best player (admittedly not a lot of competition) after the restart and should cause plenty of problems at this level

Placheta I'd see as more of some pace to introduce against tired legs in the latter stages of games

Krul

Arrons, Zimmerman, Godfrey, McCullum

Skip McClean

Cantwell Dowell Hernandez

Pukki

Gone for what I think he will pick, rather than what I would want. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lewis NCFC said:

Krul

Aarons, Gibson, Godfrey, Quintella

Skipp, McClean

Placheta, Cantwell, Dowell

Pukki

Why would anyone in their right mind suggest a totally new defender who hardly played last season come in ahead of even Tettey? 

Some of our "fans" create sticks to beat the manager over the head with due to their own insane view of football. 

Because Gibson is a good defender, has championship experience in abundance, had an England call up not so long ago and is a leader on the pitch.

He may not have played much recently but the only way to get minutes in his legs is by playing him, not sitting on the bench!

6 minutes ago, Yellow Green Army said:

Because Gibson is a good defender, has championship experience in abundance, had an England call up not so long ago and is a leader on the pitch.

He may not have played much recently but the only way to get minutes in his legs is by playing him, not sitting on the bench!

I don't think he's even been training with Burnley. He may not even be ready until after the next international break, excluding emergencies.

36 minutes ago, Yellow Green Army said:

"he may not have played recently"

That's quite a way to say "Not kicked a ball in two years"

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

"he may not have played recently"

That's quite a way to say "Not kicked a ball in two years"

Gibson himself has said he's fit and ready to go if called upon to do so. Even so,it will be Zimmo and Godfery to start.

2 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

Gibson himself has said he's fit and ready to go if called upon to do so. Even so,it will be Zimmo and Godfery to start.

Also,for the first time for a while we have some real pace. Lets use it.

Serious question - I've been through almost all posts on this thread and see little (if any) mention of Sinani. Is he injured or been loaned out or something?. He was signed in January admist much hype so why has nearly all posters not even mentioned him???

On 07/09/2020 at 19:05, keelansgrandad said:

What it will be and what I would like are not the same.

What I think is (Buendia suspended)

Krul

Aarons Godfrey Zimmermann Quintilla

MacLean Skipp

Cantwell Dowell Placheta

Pukki

Think that would be my XI unless Gibson is ready.  
Bench would include Sinani, Hugill, McCallum, Gibson (if he doesn’t start), Hernandez, Tettey, Sorensen, G/k

Edited by Branston Pickle

46 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Serious question - I've been through almost all posts on this thread and see little (if any) mention of Sinani. Is he injured or been loaned out or something?. He was signed in January admist much hype so why has nearly all posters not even mentioned him???

Sinani was in Germany with the squad and by all accounts has impressed the staff and it seems he's is proving to be a good bit nearer EFL level than was first thought.

1 hour ago, yellowrider120 said:

I think he was signed as a project who seemed to have lots of raw potential but little experience at a good level. I don't really agree that there was "much hype". It's really difficult to know what level someone can reach when they're 23 and only played in Luxembourg. Early signs are promising though and he has that physicality which should be useful.