Sign in to follow this  
Big O

Team for Huddersfield

With just a week to go and our squad hopefully about to add Ben Gibson what are people’s views for the starting X1 at Huddersfield. For once we have some depth so all the international players might be able to start on the bench if we want them too. I believe I am right that Buendia is suspended and Hanley, Byram still coming back from injury. This is tricky, especially in centre midfield!! 

I think we will go for: (4-2-3-1)

Krul, Aaron’s, Lewis, Zimmerman, Godfrey, Skipp, McClean, Hernandez, Dowell, Cantwell, Hudgil

with subs of McGovern, Gibson, Vrancic, stipermann, Tettey, Placheta and pukki

of course it depends a little on Saturday where josh Martin or Rupp might have a blinder. Tough call on Dowell over stieps but freshens it up and Pukki has been away  so can come off the bench. 

thought? 

I suspect this, assuming everyone stays fit (big if):

GK: Tim Krul
RB: Max Aarons
CB: Ben Godfrey
CB: Christoph Zimmermann (C)
LB: Jamal Lewis
DM: Oliver Skipp
DM: Kenny McLean
AM: Todd Cantwell
CAM: Marco Stiepermann
AM: Emiliano Buendia
CF: Teemu Pukki

Subs: McGovern (GK), Gibson, Sorensen, Dowell, Tettey, Placheta, Hugill

That much depth, I can't find space for Vrancic, Hernandez, Martin, Hanley, Klose, Idah, Sinani, Byram, Mumba, and Rupp! (which would also yield a variety of good sub benches if we add a keeper to any of those six).

I think Vrancic and Tettey will be very much back-up players this season and probably have already been informed of such, and Stiepermann may be going towards that bracket if he doesn't start the season quickly. Get the impression Sorensen and Sitti have been told "show me what you've got", Rupp may end up being a squad player who fills holes across the midfield. Can see him regularly coming on for Buendia to shore up the right flank if we need to close out games, or coming into defensive midfield.

Wouldn't be too surprised to see Sitti, McCullum and Bamba out on loan at all, and longer odds on Sinani and Martin being in that bracket. Much will depend on if Cantwell or Buendia get suitors.

Edited by TheGunnShow

I posted this in a different thread;

"Really intrigued to know what our preffered midfield 3 will be;

Tettey was generally very good last season, theres no reason why he couldn't have a fantastic season at this level. 

Cantwell (if hes still here) has to start at No.10, in which Stepi was very effective in at this level.

McClean just signed a three year deal and was a regular throughout Prem season.

Vrancic was excellent in our title winning season.

Skipp/Spurs - Surley will be expecting game time.

Dowell as a new signing and experience Championship midfielder, should certainaly be in the mix.

Leaving Rupp, Sorensen and Sitti. 

I make that 10 players for 3 positions."

Back 5 picks itself,

Buendia's a shoe in so it leaves a decision to be made on Hernandez/Placheta and Pukki/Hugill.

Honestly at this point, we have such a good side, with real depth, the biggest challenge may be keeping everyone satisfied.

Edited by CDMullins

Krul

Arrons, Zimmerman, Godfrey, Lewis

Skipp, McLean

Dowell, Cantwell, Hernandez

Pukki

McGovern, Tettey, Gibson, Stieperman, Placheta,  Hugil, Idah 

Missing: Klose, Mumba, Quintilla, Mcallum, Sorensen, Sitti, Vrancic, Martin, Rupp, Sinani

Unavailable: Byram, Buendia, Hanley

With the players now available to us, i think that Daniel Farke has quite a few but very welcome difficult decisions to make. 
GK:Tim Krul                                                                                                                                             

RB:Max Aarons

LB:Jamal Lewis

CB:Ben Godfrey

CB:Christoph Zimmermann 

DM:Oliver Skipp

DM:Kenny Mclean

AM:Todd Cantwell

AM:Kieran Dowell

AM:Emiliano Buendia

CF:Jordan Hugill

SUBS:McGovern,Gibson,Sorensen,Placheta,Hernandez,Pukki,Idah

With Emi suspended I would go for:

Krul

Aarons Zimmerman Godfrey Lewis

Skipp Sorensen

Hernandez Dowell Placheta

Pukki

But it will be Kenny alongside Skipp not Sorensen and possibly Stiepy will start instead of Dowell or Placheta.

3 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

With Emi suspended I would go for:

Krul

Skipp Sorensen

Pukki

But it will be Kenny alongside Skipp not Sorensen and possibly Stiepy will start instead of Dowell or Placheta.

That would be my choice, but something tells me it’s not Farkes!

I think it will be quite telling should one of the big 5 not start next week (emi obviously excepted). With this outlay I do think it points to atleast one going

Krul

Skipp Sorensen

Hugill 

pace on the flanks whipping the ball in for Hugill bit more direct with a high press 

Not what Farke will pick or his tactics i am sure ! 

never seen any club to have so many senior players!

All is OK much qulaity is here but key moment is to be happy all squad and not unhappy players who not be in 18 sheet etc

hard job for farke but may be he will give chanse to evry one with evry 3 days game an then before end of transfer window some will go.

Vrancic ,Klose ,Stieperman Lewis look more probably shiped imo

Of course one thing it will depend on is if any players pick up injuries whilst on international duty or v Luton but I would go for:

4-2-3-1

GK: Krul

RB: Aarons 

LB: Lewis

CBs: Zimmerman, Godfrey 

DMs: McLean, Skipp

RW: Cantwell

LW: Placheta 

AM: Dowell 

ST: Pukki 

However, another thing it might depend on is how the squad for tomorrow do 

e.g. Hugill if scores 2 and assists another v Luton he might start the next game ahead of Pukki

9 hours ago, HazzaJet said:

Of course one thing it will depend on is if any players pick up injuries whilst on international duty or v Luton but I would go for:

4-2-3-1

GK: Krul

RB: Aarons 

LB: Lewis

CBs: Zimmerman, Godfrey 

DMs: McLean, Skipp

RW: Cantwell

LW: Placheta 

AM: Dowell 

ST: Pukki 

However, another thing it might depend on is how the squad for tomorrow do 

e.g. Hugill if scores 2 and assists another v Luton he might start the next game ahead of Pukki

I'd go with this. Too soon for Gibson, and Mclean seems undroppable in Farke's eyes, even though I'd perhaps prefer Sorensen instead of Mclean. Pukki to start, but nice having Hugill, Idah & Hernandez on the bench

Farke is more likely to play -

Krul

Aaron's, Zimmerman, Godfrey, Lewis (Quintilla)

Tettey, Mclean 

Hernandez, Marco, Cantwell

Pukki

Continuity and understanding in this group could lead to a side we saw last year.

For me I would like to see a few more new additions but of course these players are also on the bench.

Krul

Aarons, Zimmerman, Godfrey, Lewis (Quintilla)

Tettey, Skipp

Hernandez, Cantwell, Placheta

Pukki

I would like to see the two defensive midfielders in as huddersfield are going to go at us. Feel more bite and structure would help with break away pace in the two wingers and Cantwell pulling the strings in the number 10.

Pukki will always be the starting striker and with those defensive midfielders it could allow our full backs to play further forward at times.

This is a game to watch our centre back pairing, Gibson is a starter and we need to build a spine of this team.

Krul, Gibson, Tettey, Pukki could Skipp replace Tettey or Hugill replace Pukki? We will see.

One thing is Buendia is a player we will miss and to see him back in the line up will be good news for all. We will have teams sit back and he has the ability to unlock.

We have Dowell shoot from distance, martin and others and this season we need to be shooting further out to help the goalscoring efforts of Pukki

Assuming Lewis leaves in the next few days, and Buendia injured, I'd go. 

Krul, Aarons, Godfrey, Gibson, Quintilla

Skipp, Sorenson

Dowell, Cantwell, Placheta

Pukki

Subs, Barden, Tettey, Idah, Hugill, Zimmermann, Hernandez, McLean

I suspect however this will be nothing like Farke's 11, as he'll have McLean and Rupp in there. 

Edited by Michael Wynless Jones

3 minutes ago, Michael Wynless Jones said:

Assuming Lewis leaves in the next few days, and Buendia injured, I'd go. 

Krul, Aarons, Godfrey, Gibson, Quintilla

Skipp, Sorenson

Dowell, Cantwell, Placheta

Pukki

Subs, Barden, Tettey, Idah, Hugill, Zimmermann, Hernandez, McLean

I suspect however this will be nothing like Farke's 11, as he'll have McLean and Rupp in there. 

Haha yeah knowing Farke he'll have McLean & Rupp as our two central midfielders

Krul,

Aarons, Godfrey, Gibson, Quintilla

Skipp, Tetty

Hernandez, Dowell, Placheta

Pukki

Subs, Barden, Sorenson, Idah, Hugill, Zimmermann, Cantwell, McLean

1 minute ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Krul,

Aarons, Godfrey, Gibson, Quintilla

Skipp, Tetty

Hernandez, Dowell, Placheta

Pukki

Subs, Barden, Sorenson, Idah, Hugill, Zimmermann, Cantwell, McLean

Skipp and Tettey? Glad you're not picking the side. 

Krul

Godfrey Zimm Gibbo

Aarons McLean Skipp Sorenson Quintilla

Cantwell

Pukki 

I think Farke will pick a team that's defensively solid and technically good, with the pace and power to come off the bench against tiring legs. Expect to see something like this:

Krul
Aarons Zimmermann Godfrey McCallum (assuming Lewis leaves and Quintilla still injured)
Skipp McLean
Rupp Dowell Cantwell
Pukki

Subs: McGovern, Gibson, Tettey, Sorensen, Hernandez, Placheta, Hugill

Krul

Aarons Zimmermann Godfrey Quintillà

Skipp Sørensen

Cantwell Dowell Płacheta

Pukki

Edited by Darth Vadis

Krul

Aarons

Godfrey

Zimmermann

McCallum

Skipp

McLean

Cantwell

Dowell

Steipermann

Pukki

Hernandez

Gibson

Tettey

Rupp

McGovern

Hugill

Idah

Although the bench could be quite different to that 

43 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I think Farke will pick a team that's defensively solid and technically good, with the pace and power to come off the bench against tiring legs. Expect to see something like this:

Krul
Aarons Zimmermann Godfrey McCallum (assuming Lewis leaves and Quintilla still injured)
Skipp McLean
Rupp Dowell Cantwell
Pukki

If we play Rupp on the wing - when we have hernandez and placheta available, I'm getting up and walking out.....or whatever the metophorical equivilent is

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

If we play Rupp on the wing - when we have hernandez and placheta available, I'm getting up and walking out.....or whatever the metophorical equivilent is

I'm glad we can rely on your support.

47 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Krul
Skipp McLean
Rupp Dowell Cantwell
Pukki

That's more likely. Hernandez is always far more effective as an impact player. His brand of charging at speed works best against tiring legs. Wouldn't be completely surprised to see BOTH Hernandez and Placheta come off the bench for that reason with the Pole down the left and the Cuban.... ostensibly on the left but popping up on the right as often as not.

10 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I echo the sentiment. 

I don't like these witch-hunts against players such as the one we're seeing against Rupp at the moment, especially when we're judging a player on a period when there were several players who were just as bad.

But playing Rupp on the wing when Placheta and Hernandez are available would be really infuriating. I know we'd be more solid, I know Rupp does the defensive side better etc. but we're not in the Premier League any more. We're a big fish in this division so the onus should be on us to go and attack teams, to maximise the chances of three points. If we want to finish in the top two, we need to be positive and target wins, not draws.

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man
  • Like 2