59 minutes ago, PhoenixUnited said:

Happy always to talk football, rabid or otherwise. All it is is a bit of fun, a bit of friendly needling etc.

This looks like a site where people might have a go and object to views but it is all about opinions. It takes all sorts but I really don't get some of these forum sites that allow all the effing and jeffing with very little in the way of coherent thought. Haven't had that yet! 😆

Do not mention that you are surprised Delia and Michael are still the majority shareholders, a few of their mates are on here!

• Like 1

Phoenix I think you'll have enough to stay up but as you know you can't compare winning the Championship to surviving in the Prem. Its brutal and every established team has some real quality and its relentless.

Your manager does work players very hard and that combined with being given a good run around by better quality teams I wonder whether your lads will end up shagged out. 

Cant wait for match of the day to see how it all unfolds you may even beat Liverpool who haven't strengthened.

I followed All Leeds TV for the past 2 years just for entertainment value 

1 hour ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Do not mention that you are surprised Delia and Michael are still the majority shareholders, a few of their mates are on here!

Very, very close mates. 

• Like 1

Really looking forward to seeing how Leeds do, Bielsa being the obvious reason. Without him, you're bottom; with him who knows? Leeds have already spent £60m according to transfermkt and haven't really improved thgeir squad too much. Who else would splurge £27m of that on a 29 year old Spaniard whose best days seem to be behind him? Historically, players like Rodrigo have not adapted well to the EPL but can Bielsa make him a player to score the goals they will need - they don't have anyone else. That was our problem once Pukki stopped scoring.

Koch is presumably a replacement for Ben White; Jack Harrison returns; the others are just making permanent what they already had and we know how well that went for Villa.

I think they'll have a similar season to Villa's last year - touch and go right to the end. But they'll give it a much better go than we did.

• Like 1

On 04/09/2020 at 09:41, PhoenixUnited said:

The new season is almost upon us. Hard to know what to make of these strange circumstances but as ever I am looking forward to the new season getting underway. LUFC have opened up the coffers and have brought in some new faces. Don't matter who you are these steps are always a gamble so it will be a case of wait and see. I think we will be OK and have a steady season. I would be happy with  a mid-table finish and then hopefully kick on next season. 

I might well visit here on occasion hopefully to chew the fat and have some good natured banter. Anyho, good luck for the new season. it is going to be a heck of a scrap in the Championship and I reckon there will be around a dozen teams in the mix. 🤯

Laters 

a little bit of success after languishing in the 2nd tier for so long and they think they can come onto other forums.

let's see if they 'fall apart again' in the Prem.

40 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Really looking forward to seeing how Leeds do, Bielsa being the obvious reason. Without him, you're bottom; with him who knows? Leeds have already spent £60m according to transfermkt and haven't really improved thgeir squad too much. Who else would splurge £27m of that on a 29 year old Spaniard whose best days seem to be behind him? Historically, players like Rodrigo have not adapted well to the EPL but can Bielsa make him a player to score the goals they will need - they don't have anyone else. That was our problem once Pukki stopped scoring.

Koch is presumably a replacement for Ben White; Jack Harrison returns; the others are just making permanent what they already had and we know how well that went for Villa.

I think they'll have a similar season to Villa's last year - touch and go right to the end. But they'll give it a much better go than we did.

7/2 to drop which seems about right. 

I think the biggest problem Leeds face this season is transition. Bielsa's approach is longstanding and now embedded in the club. Leeds' biggest problem with Bielsa was going to be trying to make his system work with second tier players. Its a highly demanding system mentally, physically and tactically. Less able players may not have been able enough to fulfil the demands of the system. That is possibly what went wrong the previous season, but Leeds have clearly made it work.

Now they have a group of players who fit the system well and know how to play it effectively, yet remain second tier players playing in the top tier.

Norwich showed that if you go with what you've got it isnt effective. So Leeds now have the money and the pull of the Premier League and a top quality manager, they could begin to pull in top players to replace the second tier players. But these players whilst more able will be novices when it comes to the system. So getting the balance right between losing familiarity and gaining quality will probably be the biggest factor on how successful they are.

I've not kept track of Leeds' business, but if you're relying on Bamford for goals this season you'll struggle.

There's a great player called Drmic, Swiss international you might want to look at...

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, PhoenixUnited said:

The new season is just about here. Leeds United may fall apart again but they do have talent! 😆🤣😉

Enjoy! 

Don't get me wrong, you seem like a nice guy, but don't you think you should be looking forward to your first season in the premier league in an age, rather than posting stuff like this on forums of clubs not even in the same league as you? 

1 hour ago, PhoenixUnited said:

The new season is just about here. Leeds United may fall apart again but they do have talent! 😆🤣😉

Enjoy! 

I played for a team years ago that used this chant in the changing room, although we clearly never said Leeds, Leeds, Leeds at the end, it was modified slightly to suit 😂

22 hours ago, TheGoogler said:

Don't get me wrong, you seem like a nice guy, but don't you think you should be looking forward to your first season in the premier league in an age, rather than posting stuff like this on forums of clubs not even in the same league as you? 

I think you are absolutely right. I don't know what I was thinking! 

Best Wishes and Adios! 👋