Sign in to follow this  
Bill

' there's a farmhand, waiting by the sty '

it appears our non too bright neighbours are working themselves up into a lather of stupidity

thinking Lambert is going to be sacked very soon

🎶there's a farmhand, waiting by the sty

he'd love to come and beat us

but he knows it's not worth while

let all the binmen boogie

let all the binmen boogie

let all the binmen boogie🎶

No idea if it's true but I've been told by an Ipswich shareholder that although Lambert has a 5 year contract there are break clauses if they don't reach the top 6 in League 1 or survive in the Championship. He would have been sacked at the end of last season but Evans was told that Lambert would have  had a good case for a full payout as they could still have made the play offs before lockdown.

They can't afford to sack him and pay the remaining 4 years so they now have to wait till the end of the season. Unless they sell someone for enough money to pay him off. 

What a mess. Beautiful isn't it😂

Edited by dylanisabaddog
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

No idea if it's true but I've been told by an Ipswich shareholder that although Lambert has a 5 year contract there are break clauses if they don't reach the top 6 in League 1 or survive in the Championship. He would have been sacked at the end of last season but Evans was told that Lambert would have  had a good case for a full payout as they could still have made the play offs before lockdown.

They can't afford to sack him and pay the remaining 4 years so they now have to wait till the end of the season. Unless they sell someone for enough money to pay him off. 

What a mess. Beautiful isn't it😂

I think that was a myth doing the farmyards last year.

I cannot see any manager agreeing to that sort of clause given what can happen..... injuries, suspensions, or players sold

What I would suggest is that Lambert laid it on the line and told Evans just how bad things were, and that it would take him 5 years to put things right. This will not be about penalty clauses either, but as elsewhere, hefty bonuses should he achieve certain targets.

However binners being as thick as they are will swallow and old shyt, no matter how absurd, if it fits how they want things to be.

22 minutes ago, Bill said:

I think that was a myth doing the farmyards last year.

I cannot see any manager agreeing to that sort of clause given what can happen..... injuries, suspensions, or players sold

What I would suggest is that Lambert laid it on the line and told Evans just how bad things were, and that it would take him 5 years to put things right. This will not be about penalty clauses either, but as elsewhere, hefty bonuses should he achieve certain targets.

However binners being as thick as they are will swallow and old shyt, no matter how absurd, if it fits how they want things to be.

It may be rubbish or it may not but it's quite obvious that they can't afford to get rid of him. The club is completely toxic and they are more likely to be in the bottom 6 than the top 6 come next May. They are a relatively big club by League 1 standards (although they still think they should be playing in Europe every year) and could probably persuade Paul Cook or Lee Johnson to take over. 

The really extraordinary thing is that several of them want Keiron Dyer to be given the job. Lambert may be past his best but he can at least do whole sentences. Dyer would probably finish them off so I hope Evans is stupid enough to give him the job. 

Long may they continue to bleat about their glorious history. Right up to the day that they lose at home to Kings Lynn. 

10 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

It may be rubbish or it may not but it's quite obvious that they can't afford to get rid of him. The club is completely toxic and they are more likely to be in the bottom 6 than the top 6 come next May. They are a relatively big club by League 1 standards (although they still think they should be playing in Europe every year) and could probably persuade Paul Cook or Lee Johnson to take over. 

The really extraordinary thing is that several of them want Keiron Dyer to be given the job. Lambert may be past his best but he can at least do whole sentences. Dyer would probably finish them off so I hope Evans is stupid enough to give him the job. 

Long may they continue to bleat about their glorious history. Right up to the day that they lose at home to Kings Lynn. 

Just a little reminder - if it were needed - of the wisdom of not to risk the future by gambling on success by buying players that you can't afford (even with an owner worth 3/4 of a billion). 

Some of the Binbreds are still pining for George Burley to come back as manager with Joe Royle as DOF. Now that would be hilarious. Throw in Terry Butcher as a boot cleaner/grass cutter and we’ve got a full house.

• Haha 1

Getting Paul Cook in would, I suspect, work very well for them indeed.

He's a firefighter but he can also go beyond that and start to build a team. Pompey miss him.

2 minutes ago, Old Shuck said:

Getting Paul Cook in would, I suspect, work very well for them indeed.

He's a firefighter but he can also go beyond that and start to build a team. Pompey miss him.

Therein lies the problem - all poorman road needs is the right manager and all will be solved, being the thought

The problems run much deeper as I am sure Lambert has pointed out to Evans, hence the 5 year contract

There are around 20 players out of contract next June, so that is when I expect real changes to take place.

Having disinterested non football blokes like Clegg and Milne in charge has seen the club into the sorry state it is in now

There is no quick fix, and so the best they can hope for now is that Lambert keeps them up and continues to turn things around