5 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

In fairness to Rupp he has been popping up all over the pitch, not shying away and certainly looks to try be our central link from defence to attack. The trouble is when we need him to do something expansive to get out of a tight spot, or when he tries to play a more direct or incisive pass, he looks less comfortable. 

That said its not been all poor, he has played a couple of nice raking balls out to Mumba, a neat pass threaded to Steipermann who should've done better, and also had a couple of decent attempts on goal. 

He's not been too bad overall IMO. But I would still advocate for Vrancic simply because I think we need that extra creativity in the centre to break them down. 

He’s lost the ball so many times when in possession, I am seriously questioning what league we actually signed him from!

Did anyone catch the Walsall/Wednesday penalty shoot out

a penalty shootout in complete silence with no fans. Absolutely weird as hell!

football is so bad with no fans. It’s barely football. 

13 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

He’s lost the ball so many times when in possession, I am seriously questioning what league we actually signed him from!

He has lost the ball quite a few times. But done well twice there setting up Mumba and then a run from the edge of his box to tee off Martin. 

Its certainly not been all bad!

1 minute ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

He has lost the ball quite a few times. But done well twice there setting up Mumba and then a run from the edge of his box to tee off Martin. 

He played the wrong pass there though, he should have gone left to Hugill who would have been clean through. 

1 minute ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Credit where it’s due, I see he lost the ball in the next period of play to. I don’t get what he brings to the team

1 minute ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Credit where it’s due, I see he lost the ball in the next period of play to. I don’t get what he brings to the team

For what its worth I don't expect he'll be more than a squad player / back up option this season, I think he is capable of that kind of role at this level.

Rupp brings plenty of work rate to the team and quite a bit of defensive stability. Vrancic is the pass-picker in the deep who also hits a mean set-piece, but is far less mobile.

8 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Rupp brings plenty of work rate to the team and quite a bit of defensive stability. Vrancic is the pass-picker in the deep who also hits a mean set-piece, but is far less mobile.

And we've just seen the sort of thing that happens when Mario is in a defensive position...............

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jools said:

GOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLIIIIISSSSKKKKKKIIIIIOOOOOO!

Forgot you are a Luton fan

Just now, Thirsty Lizard said:

And we've just seen the sort of thing that happens when Mario is in a defensive position...............

Heh, exactly what I was thinking after the swing and miss. I like Vrancic as a player, but defensively he's always got an error in him.

best possible outcome if we can get out of this competition at the earliest stage, already a lot of fixtures to play.  probably an intentional pen. happy to be losing. OTBC

Edited by crab man

So much for a defensive overhaul. New players, lower standard of opposition, same problems. We need a defensive coach or a change to how the players are being coached, something isn’t working.

Well done Dowell.

Edited by Canary Wundaboy
  • Like 1