Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Would you rather...

...that we paid 3.5m for Earnshaw? A player who his own manager has had to make a dvd for highlighting his inability to hold the ball up and create good link up play? We''ve just had a talented player leave who wasn''t one for holding the ball up, why replace him with a similar player?

...that we paid 3.5m for Jerome? Leaving us 1.5 for all the other players everone wanted - mcsheffrey, davenport. there''s no doubt we need more than one player.

The fact is, we can''t get who we wanted without paying silly money so the manger has tried to do the next best thing, leaving his powder dry for the summer.

God knows it''s not ideal by any means but WHY OH WHY does no-one on here have the ability to step out of their own shoes for once and look at it from the other side of the fence? Instead of throwing stones from the comfort of their own yard?

People in this world have so little empathy. It depresses me.

But sod that, i''m off on my honeymoon and to happy times, where i can forget all the turmoil at CFCR (crumbling fortress...). I''ll be at 35,000ft when the Reading result comes through - maybe the best place to be, but i shall not be passing judgement before our new players have even pulled on the yellow and green.

WELCOME THEM AND SUPPORT THEM PLEASE.

your argument falls down at the "i''m off on my honeymoon and to happier times!" lol. good luck!

no it doesn''t rossi.

try and seperate the following facts, that i am:
a) not totally over the moon about the signings
b) that i appreciate the awkward position club is in in this window
c) that i am prepared to give the new players a chance
d) that i''m obviously not happy with the overal performance of the team/club so far this season

earnshaw 1 in 2? what about 1 in probably 10 for wba? do you honestly think he''d flourish in our team?

a1, Rossi will correct me if I am wrong, but I think he was making a joke about you saying "honeymoon" and "happier times" in the same sentence.   You know, the old joke about getting married and losing all your individuality and forever being under control of her indoors.

I actually thought it was quite funny of Rossi, but I think you missed the point and took it literally. 

get a grip a1 - i didnt knock your statement - just laughed at the thought of happier times after wed lock, and i even said it with a good luck, so dont go getting on your high horse.

Happy hols a1canary.

I confidently predict that you will be scoring more time than the Canaries in the coming days.Big Smile [:D]

[quote user="a1canary"]

no it doesn''t rossi.

try and seperate the following facts, that i am:
a) not totally over the moon about the signings
b) that i appreciate the awkward position club is in in this window
c) that i am prepared to give the new players a chance
d) that i''m obviously not happy with the overal performance of the team/club so far this season

earnshaw 1 in 2? what about 1 in probably 10 for wba? do you honestly think he''d flourish in our team?

[/quote]

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=13570

ClubFromToFeeLeagueFA CupLeague cupOther
West Brom30-08-2004 Â£ 3000000 22 (21)123 (1)32 (1)20 (0)0

17 in 27 starts and 23 subs  get your facts right buddy

Morton22-01-200020-02-2000Loan 3 (0)21 (0)00 (0)00 (0)0
Cardiff01-08-199730-08-2004Trainee 141 (37)8511 (2)96 (2)105 (1)1
Totals£ 3000000166 (58)9915 (3)128 (3)125 (1)1
goals / game0.440.661.09 0.16

enjoy your honeymoon even more by not checking any papers, phones etc and forget about the club! make a prediction before you go and see how it checks out when you return. congrats by the way!

" Come the summer there will be no money , same old story all gone on loans , wages etc etc , Earnshaw would have been an ideal signing but this club has zero ambition. "

I think you''ll find that money paid for in loans is in wages.

And yes wages are also paid in money. What did you think they were paid in, buttons ?

You don''t sound too bright, are you from suffolk by any chance ?