South Sider

Kenny signs new contract until 2023

On 03/09/2020 at 14:13, Indy said:

... I’m hoping Skipp, Sorensen will give us that compact god defensive cover we’ve missed...

I'm not even sure God would shore up our seemingly innate defensive frailties, though a back three of God, Jesus and the Holy Ghost might be worth a go. 

5 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Oh do **** off you condescending micro penis. Frankly Carrow Road is starting to resemble a circus with special people like you lurking around.

How many games did Mario "match winner" Vrancic win is last season? Kenny McLean, by the way, scored a goal which helped us beat Manchester City. 

One trick pony - as I went on to post - is a harsh way to describe Vrancic. But the guy is one dimensional, can't tackle, doesn't run, doesn't give the side anywhere near what McLean does. 

The fact you see him as a "match winner" just shows you how much more about football I know than you. You see the goals he scores and clap like a ****ing monkey. I see what else he adds to the side and think he's a luxury player. 

My definition of a “match winner” is a player that regularly wins games for his team through individual skill - which is what Vrancic did for the team in our championship winning season. Both McLean and Vrancic scored one goal each last season. Vrancic played a handful of games, McLean played most of the games – we ended up with the least number of points in the top flight in our history! Yes McLean should not take the blame of the entire team but stat is fact.

”asterisk, asterisk, asterisk, asterisk, monkey” ?  “micro penis” ? - name calling ? – you’re pathetic ain’t you ?

You prefer brawn & bulk over skill, natural ability and flair. You wouldn’t know a “good” player if you saw one !

1 hour ago, Six Pack said:

My definition of a “match winner” is a player that regularly wins games for his team through individual skill - which is what Vrancic did for the team in our championship winning season. Both McLean and Vrancic scored one goal each last season. Vrancic played a handful of games, McLean played most of the games – we ended up with the least number of points in the top flight in our history! Yes McLean should not take the blame of the entire team but stat is fact.

”asterisk, asterisk, asterisk, asterisk, monkey” ?  “micro penis” ? - name calling ? – you’re pathetic ain’t you ?

You prefer brawn & bulk over skill, natural ability and flair. You wouldn’t know a “good” player if you saw one !

You are a ****ing embarrassment aren't you. Wade into the conversation thinking you're the big man with your condescending talk about circuses and get offended when someone else ups the ante. **** off back to whatever cave you came from, you condascending **** and take your ****e opinions with you until you learn how to talk on the internet without being an absolute man child. 

Bye 👋

41 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

You are a ****ing embarrassment aren't you. Wade into the conversation thinking you're the big man with your condescending talk about circuses and get offended when someone else ups the ante. **** off back to whatever cave you came from, you condascending **** and take your ****e opinions with you until you learn how to talk on the internet without being an absolute man child. 

Bye 👋

You are a BEEP embarrassment aren't you. Wade into the conversation thinking you're the big BEEP man with your BEEP condescending talk about circuses and get BEEP offended when someone else ups the ante. BEEP BEEP back to whatever BEEP cave you came from, you condascending BEEP and take your BEEP opinions with you until you BEEP learn how to talk on the internet without being an absolute BEEP BEEP BEEP!!!! 

technical-difficulties-2-830x467.jpg

1 minute ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

You are a BEEP embarrassment aren't you. Wade into the conversation thinking you're the big BEEP man with your BEEP condescending talk about circuses and get BEEP offended when someone else ups the ante. BEEP BEEP back to whatever BEEP cave you came from, you condascending BEEP and take your BEEP opinions with you until you BEEP learn how to talk on the internet without being an absolute BEEP BEEP BEEP!!!! 

technical-difficulties-2-830x467.jpg

I'm not sure the point of this post, unless you're applying to be my censor? You'd definitely have the job if the forum didn't do it automatically already.

2 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

I'm not sure the point of this post, unless you're applying to be my censor? You'd definitely have the job if the forum didn't do it automatically already.

No real reason, just enjoyed the Happy Gilmore-esque angry rant

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Bye 👋

You’re the embarrassment ! Going off on a tantrum !

This thread is about McLean getting a longer contract, some of the other posters mention Vrancic, then you WADE IN calling Vrancic a one horse pony. How can I avoid sound condescending explaining to a pillock like you, when you can’t identify the exploits of Vrancic in our championship winning season – his contribution got us promoted !

I ‘m not in any way offended or surprised that you “up the ante”.  I’m only offended by your comments and treatment of a Norwich City hero who served this club well. But you can’t get respect from the likes of blonkers like you - who wouldn’t know the back end of a mule from the front !

18 minutes ago, Six Pack said:

This thread is about McLean getting a longer contract, some of the other posters mention Vrancic, then you WADE IN calling Vrancic a one horse pony. How can I avoid sound condescending explaining to a pillock like you, when you can’t identify the exploits of Vrancic in our championship winning season – his contribution got us promoted !

I ‘m not in any way offended or surprised that you “up the ante”.  I’m only offended by your comments and treatment of a Norwich City hero who served this club well. But you can’t get respect from the likes of blonkers like you - who wouldn’t know the back end of a mule from the front !

Jesus calm down.

'One trick pony' is a common term describing a footballer someome doesnt tend to rate. But is that not Terminally Yellow's opinion? Is he not entitled to that because it contradicts yours?

However, having read your direct response, yes, you got on your high horse and went full blown condescending - because the guy expressed his opinion. There was no need.

And now you're following him round the forum calling him embarrassing? 

Maybe look a touch closer to home before talking about tantrums.

Let's pop the kids to bed and stay on topic.

Kenny apparently put in a decent shift tonight in a win against Czech. Sky Sports rated him 7. I do like him, but that does seem to be a classic Kenny rating haha

5 hours ago, South Sider said:

Jesus calm down.

'One trick pony' is a common term describing a footballer someome doesnt tend to rate. But is that not Terminally Yellow's opinion? Is he not entitled to that because it contradicts yours?

However, having read your direct response, yes, you got on your high horse and went full blown condescending - because the guy expressed his opinion. There was no need.

And now you're following him round the forum calling him embarrassing? 

Maybe look a touch closer to home before talking about tantrums.

Let's pop the kids to bed and stay on topic.

Kenny apparently put in a decent shift tonight in a win against Czech. Sky Sports rated him 7. I do like him, but that does seem to be a classic Kenny rating haha

Posters are allowed their opinion on this forum. But why go overboard and make derogatory remakes of players who have served us well ? Yes Vrancic hasn’t had the best of seasons but why kick one of our players when he’s down ? I’m not standing for that kind of crap ! I guess people have to make a stand some time in life. If you see youths beating up a 90 year old woman – that’s just a matter of opinion isn’t it ? If you think my manner was overboard then don’t go around bullying others.

If you want to be politically correct and just stand by where there are injustices, that’s your prerogative but these things happen first on social media. No one says anything so it’s all good.

Yes why not pop the kids into bed and stay on topic – no need to have a go at Vrancic at all was there ?  

21 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Oh do **** off you condescending micro penis. Frankly Carrow Road is starting to resemble a circus with special people like you lurking around.

How many games did Mario "match winner" Vrancic win is last season? Kenny McLean, by the way, scored a goal which helped us beat Manchester City. 

One trick pony - as I went on to post - is a harsh way to describe Vrancic. But the guy is one dimensional, can't tackle, doesn't run, doesn't give the side anywhere near what McLean does. 

The fact you see him as a "match winner" just shows you how much more about football I know than you. You see the goals he scores and clap like a ****ing monkey. I see what else he adds to the side and think he's a luxury player. 

Bad evening? 

19 hours ago, Icecream Snow said:

Vrancic only in contention as a number 10

image.png.b1f71b6e4318082b5a23f4b44f131bfa.png

Personally not a huge fan of him in that position. I think he's much better suited to sitting deeper where his range of passing is much more useful. 

17 hours ago, Six Pack said:

"Norwich City hero". A bit much for a guy who has done little else than scored a handful of goals. Not having a go - I agree they're important goals - just he's not in the same league as Pukki, Hucks, Holty and Wes (proper heroes) is he?

Now to actually have a go - if you didn't start with the whole language like those that lines in this post, you'd probably wouldn't look like the "blonker" right now (I saw the little post you made in response to one of TYs other posts too). Perhaps just disagree, next time?

Having watched McClean against a makeshift Czech league team who’ve not ever played together, no under 23 internationals only two international caps between them, stand in manager and not even trained together before Sunday, he was utterly outclassed most of the time and his normal give away pass lead to their goal. 
I have seriously can’t see why so many of you love him so much, he’s our modern day Andy Hughes!

4 hours ago, TheGoogler said:

"Norwich City hero". A bit much for a guy who has done little else than scored a handful of goals. Not having a go - I agree they're important goals - just he's not in the same league as Pukki, Hucks, Holty and Wes (proper heroes) is he?

Now to actually have a go - if you didn't start with the whole language like those that lines in this post, you'd probably wouldn't look like the "blonker" right now (I saw the little post you made in response to one of TYs other posts too). Perhaps just disagree, next time?

Vrancic is a “hero”.  Pukki is a “hero” as well. I class Hucks, Holt & Hoolahan as Norwich City “legends”

I know most canary fans recognise and value Vrancic’s contribution to the championship winning season – so I’m not the only one !

Loyality and Respect are not easily earned by some fans. Those two words go hand-in-hand but some fans don’t know the meaning of those words. With your comment of “only a handful of goals” shows you are one of those people. An individual that could turn on everyone – even this club without a second thought! This along with your revelling in your self-importance, anxiously waiting in the dark to interfere with every post on the forum makes you better than ”blonker”. Mr keyboard warrior – I just have to give it to you – “****” !  

2 hours ago, Indy said:

Having watched McClean against a makeshift Czech league team who’ve not ever played together, no under 23 internationals only two international caps between them, stand in manager and not even trained together before Sunday, he was utterly outclassed most of the time and his normal give away pass lead to their goal. 
I have seriously can’t see why so many of you love him so much, he’s our modern day Andy Hughes!

I read a report on the game and it was hilarious how the writer had tried to find  positive things to say about McLean while failing badly. 

14 minutes ago, Six Pack said:

Vrancic is a “hero”.  Pukki is a “hero” as well. I class Hucks, Holt & Hoolahan as Norwich City “legends”

I know most canary fans recognise and value Vrancic’s contribution to the championship winning season – so I’m not the only one !

Loyality and Respect are not easily earned by some fans. Those two words go hand-in-hand but some fans don’t know the meaning of those words. With your comment of “only a handful of goals” shows you are one of those people. An individual that could turn on everyone – even this club without a second thought! This along with your revelling in your self-importance, anxiously waiting in the dark to interfere with every post on the forum makes you better than ”blonker”. Mr keyboard warrior – I just have to give it to you – “****” !  

Oh dear. He's really got to you hasn't he? 

7 minutes ago, Number9 said:

I read a report on the game and it was hilarious how the writer had tried to find  positive things to say about McLean while failing badly. 

He didn't have a great game for Scotland did he? Problem is, not many do. 

6 minutes ago, TheGoogler said:

He didn't have a great game for Scotland did he? Problem is, not many do. 

Must be a Scottish thing, when you have a poor game to stand there and wave your arms around at other players! Naismith was good at that when he occasionally turned out for us!

Hopefully just a poor night which won’t happen on Saturday.

• Like 1

Just now, Indy said:

Must be a Scottish thing, when you have a poor game to stand there and wave your arms around at other players! Naismith was good at that when he occasionally turned out for us!

Hopefully just a poor night which won’t happen on Saturday.

I think the England team are facing similar issues to be honest. 

• Like 1

On 07/09/2020 at 17:11, Hank shoots Skyler said:

No real reason, just enjoyed the Happy Gilmore-esque angry rant

What about this beauty from Billy Madison - the ultimate put-down!

Vrancic can see a forward / attacking  pass

Mclean is a sideward or backwards passer only - he has no ability within the top 3rd of the pitch

Mclean as a No10 - forget it

I agree - when we get total control of midfield - some of the players Farke let go, or did not give squad numbers to we now desperately need

Farke needs to go very soon

I give Farke 10 league games to sort this mess out and I think we need a minimum of 15 points from those matches. If he picks Kenny in all 10, which seems likely, i do not envisage is getting anywhere near that total. Although the same could be said of Zimbo currently.

Anything less than a win on Saturday, against another team in a mess, and I think the pressure really starts to mount. That pressure could start before the match depending on what other issues transpire over the next few days and another depressing team selection.

On 08/09/2020 at 09:15, king canary said:

Personally not a huge fan of him in that position. I think he's much better suited to sitting deeper where his range of passing is much more useful. 

Really don't get this. The reason not to play Mario deep is that he's very limited (to put it politely) defensively.

Yes, he can pick a long pass, but he's also very good at playing the creative, incisive pass high up the pitch that unlocks the opposition defence. Feast your eyes on these beauties as a reminder.  If you play Mario high up the pitch you maximise his strengths and minimise his weaknesses - seems like a no-brainer to me. 

2 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Really don't get this. The reason not to play Mario deep is that he's very limited (to put it politely) defensively.

Yes, he can pick a long pass, but he's also very good at playing the creative, incisive pass high up the pitch that unlocks the opposition defence. Feast your eyes on these beauties as a reminder.  If you play Mario high up the pitch you maximise his strengths and minimise his weaknesses - seems like a no-brainer to me. 

Do we need to play two defensive midfielders in this league? Surely Skipp can sit there to break up play then play either Vrancic or McClean with two up top, either Hugil and Idah or Pukki. Playing so deep keeps inviting pressure and we’re not that good on the break.

7 minutes ago, Indy said:

Do we need to play two defensive midfielders in this league? Surely Skipp can sit there to break up play then play either Vrancic or McClean with two up top, either Hugil and Idah or Pukki. Playing so deep keeps inviting pressure and we’re not that good on the break.

Maybe for some games, but not others, but it's a different debate really. I was just saying that I would much rather that if Mario plays he plays high up the pitch rather than in a deeper role.