Sign in to follow this  
Uncle Fred

Is this his break through season

After a very low key and quite honestly pretty non productive past few seasons, is this the season that Nepotism Tom breaks into a leadership role at the club.

He is a Director of the club but has shown not an ounce of leadership ability.

so come on Tom let’s see what you are made of this season and in the words of your Aunt ‘ Let’s be havin u ‘

14 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Yes he has showed leadership. The Canary Bond was at his instigation.

Leadership is more than coming up with an idea, in fact it’s much much more than that.

webber looks a decent leader but haven’t seen  Nepotism confront the issues eg form / recruitment : finance in the way Webber did it.

he is a horrifically poor leader , certainly his communication with the fans is poor, how often have you seen him talking to a mass group of fans 

10 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Leadership is more than coming up with an idea, in fact it’s much much more than that.

webber looks a decent leader but haven’t seen  Nepotism confront the issues eg form / recruitment : finance in the way Webber did it.

he is a horrifically poor leader , certainly his communication with the fans is poor, how often have you seen him talking to a mass group of fans 

Once again you have set exceptionally low standards and as usual, have failed to achieve them.

• Like 9

He takes a lot of time out to talk to fans. If he hasn't done so with you, that's only because you're probably waiting for him to get in touch with you about it!

39 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

he is a horrificalaly poor leader , certainly his communication with the fans is poor, how often have you seen him talking to a mass group of fans 

Webber is there to lead and deal with recruitment and such like. It is his job.  TS is a board member, not a leader - not yet anyway - learning the ropes, getting experience, talking to fans, coming up with ideas that came to fruition. His time for leadership may come later.

Poor effort Fred.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Webber is there to lead and deal with recruitment and such like. It is his job.  TS is a board member, not a leader - not yet anyway - learning the ropes, getting experience, talking to fans, coming up with ideas that came to fruition. His time for leadership may come later.

Poor effort Fred.

I was under the impression he was being lined up to take over the club do we really want an owner that doesn’t communicate, or to put it another way another Marcus Evans

The owner of Peterborough is a good example of what Nepotism should be doing

Poor effort Time!

3 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

After a very low key and quite honestly pretty non productive past few seasons, is this the season that Nepotism Tom breaks into a leadership role at the club.

so come on Tom let’s see what you are made of this season and in the words of your Aunt ‘ Let’s be havin u ‘

Jesus wept 😲 How deep is your barrel to even come up with this 😮😮

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, C.I.D said:

Jesus wept 😲 How deep is your barrel to even come up with this 😮😮

It’s a valid question as yet I haven’t had a sensible answer on how he has added any value what so ever 

33 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

It’s a valid question as yet I haven’t had a sensible answer on how he has added any value what so ever 

Never mind someone else adding value, how about you coming up with original value, let alone added. This really is one of your weakest efforts in recent history. I suppose a couple of us have responded , which has probably brightened your regular dreary day of self loathing and despondance as you look in the mirror , wondering where it all went so wrong for you that This is the best you can conjure up. 1/10 . You must try treatment . 

54 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

You have, you're just not bright enough to recognise that you have.

Go back and read the early replies, there's a clue in there somewhere.

I'm not sure if it's the OP's breakthrough season but if Vrancic and Stiepermann can come out of the knacker's yard to become key cogs... 😉 

1 minute ago, A Load of Squit said:

You have, you're just not bright enough to recognise that you have.

Go back and read the early replies, there's a clue in there somewhere.

He had nothing to do with the bond that is fake news 

5 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Can you prove that.

I haven’t seen anything that he lead it rather what I heard was it was Ben Kensell that was responsible for it. I think it’s up to you to prove your fact that he lead it not for me to prove that he didn’t 

1 minute ago, Uncle Fred said:

I haven’t seen anything that he lead it rather what I heard was it was Ben Kensell that was responsible for it. I think it’s up to you to prove your fact that he lead it not for me to prove that he didn’t 

But when it originally suggested you accepted that it was him "Anyone can come up with an idea". Now you don't want to accept it was him, sounds like you have been given as answer that you don't like and your trying to squirm out of your original acceptance.

Anyone can come up with a 'fake news' reply.

To be fair Tom could be an absolutely useless owner - everyone should be a bit sceptical as we don't really know a great deal about him.

What I would say is he is currently benefiting from being able to 'sit in on the board and basically gain significant experience without big responsibility at the moment.

In fact by the time it comes around for him to potentially take control of the club its likely he will have had far more experience running a football club than any of the stinking rich Chinese investors people crave..

Leadership is different things to different people to some taking colleagues over the top of the trench with them to others, leading by example, willing to deal with difficult situations and put forward successful options/solutions. In an ideal world to me the people right at the top of the club should be dealing with strategic issues ie the Direction of the club in all broad areas from finance, supporter liaison, playing style and staff and selection of management. The tactical is Webber and Farke to build a squad within the bounds of the finances set for them and to be as successful as possible. In this regard and i am not being nasty i do not see where Tom fits in. He is not visible and appears to have little role in setting the broad strategy and direction of the club. The fact that he may contribute the odd idea does not count as leadership to me and i am far from convinced that other than being related to the people that own the majority of the club shares he has and meaningful, knowledge, character or experience to bring anything to the party which in the long run could be very worrying. In the long run he has no money but will have the power to hire and fire management and players when he knows nothing whatsoever about football or even running a large business. Sounds harsh but he cannot be compared to a young player having a break through season

Edited by Yorkshire Canary

Everyone knows the reason Tom that is 'low key' is because he's a spy.

I heard that on a recent spying mission in Poland he took in a Polish League match and on his return he insisted we buy a speedy winger he saw.

9 minutes ago, Yorkshire Canary said:

Leadership is different things to different people to some taking colleagues over the top of the trench with them to others, leading by example, willing to deal with difficult situations and put forward successful options/solutions. In an ideal world to me the people right at the top of the club should be dealing with strategic issues ie the Direction of the club in all broad areas from finance, supporter liaison, playing style and staff and selection of management. The tactical is Webber and Farke to build a squad within the bounds of the finances set for them and to be as successful as possible. In this regard and i am not being nasty i do not see where Tom fits in. He is not visible and appears to have little role in setting the broad strategy and direction of the club. The fact that he may contribute the odd idea does not count as leadership to me and i am far from convinced that other than being related to the people that own the majority of the club shares he has and meaningful, knowledge, character or experience to bring anything to the party which in the long run could be very worrying. In the long run he has no money but will have the power to hire and fire management and players when he knows nothing whatsoever about football or even running a large business. Sounds harsh but he cannot be compared to a young player having a break through season

The first thoughtful and sensible post on this thread other than the OP of course 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

The first thoughtful and sensible post on this thread other than the OP of course 

I heard that he brings a least three ideas to every board meeting and it's all minuted.

The rest of the board have nicknamed him Tom 'The Leader' Smith and he gets the highest productivity rating at the end of every meeting.

That's because most of us saw that the initial post was just another attempt at divisive trolling.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Herman said:

That's because most of us saw that the initial post was just another attempt at divisive trolling.

Binner 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

What does Stephan Phillips do then?  

6 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

What does Stephan Phillips do then?  

A very good question.

Edited by TIL 1010