Sign in to follow this  
BigGrantsTash

FAO Bill

"Scott is particularly keen not to be driven solely by data, with City’s recruitment chief keen to ensure the conventional methods of scouting, ie, physically watching a player, are also used prior to the Canaries opting to push on with signing a player."

And the obvious flaw in this guff is that

if it had any worth then all other clubs using it would be alerted to the same players

But, I am sure you meant well, and I am rather flattered that you took so much time

ps I wonder if the club used such nonsense when signing RVW, Naismith and VOO.....etc 😋

Here we go again!

Bill vs. Science, Logic, Mathematics and The World: Vol. 3,642.

😄

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Here we go again!

Bill vs. Science, Logic, Mathematics and The World: Vol. 3,642.

😄

oh dear, mystic meg has turned up to add to the idiocy

there is nothing scientific where you ignore ALL of the variables and have no control to measure against

as to logic, the above sentence deals with that

but do feel free, I am sure you listen to the lottery draw when the bloke says -and here is ball number 17 who has only been out twice since April'

anyway, good luck and I wish I had as much interest in your posts as you have mine 😋

ya ra

10 minutes ago, Bill said:

"Scott is particularly keen not to be driven solely by data, with City’s recruitment chief keen to ensure the conventional methods of scouting, ie, physically watching a player, are also used prior to the Canaries opting to push on with signing a player."

if it had any worth then all other clubs using it would be alerted to the same players

But, I am sure you meant well, and I am rather flattered that you took so much time

ps I wonder if the club used such nonsense when signing RVW, Naismith and VOO.....etc 😋

I never doubted they actually watch a player before signing him. Though most of that will be done on the internet.

Yea most teams are alerted to the same players. Hence why we weren’t the only club trying to sign Buendia.

Do you disagree with the methods the club use to sign players then? Perhaps you could write them a strongly worded letter and tell them what they’re doing wrong?

P.S. And no this ‘nonsense’ wasn’t being used when we signed those players you list. Unfortunately. It was those signings which drove us to change our approach and make it data driven. Would you rather RVW and VOO type signings?

7 minutes ago, Bill said:

oh dear, mystic meg has turned up to add to the idiocy

there is nothing scientific where you ignore ALL of the variables and have no control to measure against

as to logic, the above sentence deals with that

but do feel free, I am sure you listen to the lottery draw when the bloke says -and here is ball number 17 who has only been out twice since April'

anyway, good luck and I wish I had as much interest in your posts as you have mine 😋

ya ra

Thanks, Most Hated Guy On The Forum. Means a lot.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BigGrantsTash said:

Do you disagree with the methods the club use to sign players then? Perhaps you could write them a strongly worded letter and tell them what they’re doing wrong?

P.S. And no this ‘nonsense’ wasn’t being used when we signed those players you list. Unfortunately. It was those signings which drove us to change our approach and make it data driven. Would you rather RVW and VOO type signings?

Now you are really asking for trouble.

34 minutes ago, Bill said:

Clubs are alerted to the same players, or at least their agents make sure they are. Different clubs play different styles and systems so aren't going to evaluate players in the same way (especially if you're Neil Warnock)

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Now you are really asking for trouble.

If just one more person has a go at my boy Wolfie...

• Haha 1

I usually wouldn't get involved in a thread like this but 'if it had any value everyone would want the same players' implies that there is only one way to skin a cat- patently untrue.

Example- data shows Buendia produces an average of 3 good chances per game from the inside right position via through ball. Pukki is shown to finish 30% of this sort of chance- ergo it is reasonable to assume Pukki + Buendia will equal goals. Recruit both.

A different team might play with speedy wingers who launch high crosses into the box at every opportunity. It is similarly reasonable to assume that they wouldn't look too hard at Teemu with 2% of his total career goals from headers. 

Yes, ultimately watching the actual player will have the final say, but the devil is in the details.

The pinkun circle of life continues, now where were we on the important matters, like a new CB, if the stadium should be expanded or if Fabio Quagliarella will sign.

I personally feel no one has argued over whether Robert Chase made us a selling club and precipitated a constant decline or was a canny chairman who gave us our best ever era for at least two weeks.

Step it up guys, I didnt finally get an email address which works on this damn thing only to fail to go round in circles and to not even find a mortal pinkun nemesis to waste my limited time on earth locked in a struggle for NCFC supremacy with.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Hey ?

I was trying to imply that I'd be the one making trouble because people were having a go at the Wolf, rather than the obvious reason of Bill getting increasingly irate in the face of an ever-growing body of logical evidence 🙂

10 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Thanks, Most Hated Guy On The Forum. Means a lot.

No one hates you Wolfy (well maybe 1) but what you have to realise is that people who know everything about everything will always look down on us lowly people as lesser people. 

I've had it for years with Mrs Biscuit, or is that Mrs Boat 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, 1902 said:

Step it up guys, I didnt finally get an email address which works on this damn thing only to fail to go round in circles and to not even find a mortal pinkun nemesis to waste my limited time on earth locked in a struggle for NCFC supremacy with.

I think you're gonna be disappointed and setting up an email address might have been your first waste of your limited time 😂

1 hour ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

No one hates you Wolfy (well maybe 1) but what you have to realise is that people who know everything about everything will always look down on us lowly people as lesser people. 

I've had it for years with Mrs Biscuit, or is that Mrs Boat 

You reap what you sow. I've been a right abrasive b*stard on here at points, and in turn I've had a lot of sh*t flung at me. But when I'm being non-confrontational and light-hearted, people tend to be nice back. Funny, that...

I find this place is a much nicer place to be when you don't get snippy with people and just ride it out. I never met dear old Ray, but as he used to say (and I know I'm paraphrasing here): "At the end of the day they're all Norwich fans, and we should remember that."

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

You reap what you sow. I've been a right abrasive b*stard on here at points, and in turn I've had a lot of sh*t flung at me. But when I'm being non-confrontational and light-hearted, people tend to be nice back. Funny, that...

I find this place is a much nicer place to be when you don't get snippy with people and just ride it out. I never met dear old Ray, but as he used to say (and I know I'm paraphrasing here): "At the end of the day they're all Norwich fans, and we should remember that."

Binner  😉

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mark .Y. said:

Binner  😉

It only took two minutes! Good work... 🙂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

I was trying to imply that I'd be the one making trouble because people were having a go at the Wolf, rather than the obvious reason of Bill getting increasingly irate in the face of an ever-growing body of logical evidence 🙂

With you now wolfie but it was rather late at night. 😂

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

With you now wolfie but it was rather late at night. 😂

It wasn't my best work, I'll give you that.

I do miss Vadis, though...

I used to react to stuff, now I just read the nonsense spouted by those that know best and I chuckle to myself. 

Some people on here are for a wind up, some because they know everything, some are on here because they want to add stuff of value and some just want to debate; they question is who is here for what...... 😂

I do miss Vadis, though...

Me to, there was a player in there but we didn't see the best of him; there are lots of circumstances that can cause that and that is the unknown. 

Data tells you useful stats on fitness, movement, etc etc, videos show you positions, runs, hold up play etc but this is only a part of getting the best from a player as every signing is still a gamble.