Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Grealish called up to England squad..

31 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Thank you both.

Comments all noted and logged for future prosperity. Thank you all parties for your contribution 

30 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Will Grealish now have to wear 'big boy' socks an' shinpads when he turns out for England?.....

And hopefully big boy shorts, not sure what his obsession is with wearing shorts that borrowed from their under 10 side but not sure we all need to see it. 

• Haha 1

Why have a lot of people on this board got an issue with Grealish? Yes he buys a lot of fouls and is slightly over dramatic but aren't a lot of players!? The lad is massively talented and I for one am looking forward to supporting him in an England shirt and think the squad is better off with him. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, lincsy88 said:

Why have a lot of people on this board got an issue with Grealish? Yes he buys a lot of fouls and is slightly over dramatic but aren't a lot of players!? The lad is massively talented and I for one am looking forward to supporting him in an England shirt and think the squad is better off with him. 

Just imagine it on here if he played for Leeds lincsy. 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, lincsy88 said:

Why have a lot of people on this board got an issue with Grealish? Yes he buys a lot of fouls and is slightly over dramatic but aren't a lot of players!?

I think it's mainly that he's really, really irritating.
And he plays for Villa.

Don't recall our fans moaning at Maddison or Holt for being savvy with the freekicks.

He certainly went up in my estimations after taking a punch to the back of his head by that Birmingham fan; didn't feign injury, didn't lose the plot trying to get the fan back, just got on with the game and ended up scoring the winner at St Andrews. Best possible reaction.

Has been very good for Villa this season and fully deserves the call up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lincsy88 said:

He also loves drink driving, crashing into people and then running away and hiding from the police and refusing to talk about it.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

He also loves drink driving, crashing into people and then running away and hiding from the police and refusing to talk about it.

these are facts

As an opposition fan he is detestable on the pitch, you cannot admire any of his actual talent as he does such a good job of clouding it by rolling around on the ground for 30% of the game - it's not something you can appreciate from watching match highlights. 90 mins of him play-acting is not pleasant and it's not over-stated either.

I think if you then couple that with off the field stuff, like thinking he's above the law of the land smashing his car up and partying with friends during lockdown. You get a general impression that the guy's arrogance is not only saved for the pitch but also off it.

A friend of mine went to a charity golf day where he was playing with some other ex-pros. They (the other ex-pros) were all discussing what a total kn08 he was while he was in the toilets.  

I hate the playacting from anyone but when its so often it becomes difficult to watch, I'd be embarrassed if he played for us. 

Its the same with anyone - one of the worlds 'best players' Neymar is embarrassing and this overshadows his undeniable ability for me too. 

31 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Whilst this may be true and I cant find an article confirming it is 100% act he was drunk I am sure you also dislike Harry Maguire and wouldn't support him for England either?

• Like 1

Just now, lincsy88 said:

Whilst this may be true and I cant find an article confirming it is 100% act he was drunk I am sure you also dislike Harry Maguire and wouldn't support him for England either?

Given hes been kicked off the England squad that question is irrelevant.

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Given hes been kicked off the England squad that question is irrelevant.

It isn't though is it because I am sure he will be called up again at some point. 

2 hours ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

He certainly went up in my estimations after taking a punch to the back of his head by that Birmingham fan; didn't feign injury,

That's because he wouldn't have won a free-kick for it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Grealish is currently on the naughty step quite rightly so because of his irresponsible and loutish actions but some on here were obviously not around to remember the late night antics of Carl Bradshaw and Andy Johnson.

45 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Grealish is currently on the naughty step quite rightly so because of his irresponsible and loutish actions but some on here were obviously not around to remember the late night antics of Carl Bradshaw and Andy Johnson.

Beat up a taxi driver at 3 in the morning in an argument about the fare didn't they? 

Bradshaw got prison and was sacked after his release. Johnson didn't get sacked, because he was worth a couple of million.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

4 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Beat up a taxi driver at 3 in the morning in an argument about the fare didn't they? 

Bradshaw got prison and was sacked after his release. Johnson didn't get sacked, because he was worth a couple of million.

Correct TVB and it was 1997.

He’s only in the squad because Maddison is injured. I know our players didn’t play well in the restart but Grealish was pretty awful then too. 

Watxh him now go to Man Utd and be an be an England regular because - we’ll just because he plays for a top 6 team England have to pick him. 

3 hours ago, Thumbbass said:

As an opposition fan he is detestable on the pitch, you cannot admire any of his actual talent as he does such a good job of clouding it by rolling around on the ground for 30% of the game - it's not something you can appreciate from watching match highlights. 90 mins of him play-acting is not pleasant and it's not over-stated either.

I think if you then couple that with off the field stuff, like thinking he's above the law of the land smashing his car up and partying with friends during lockdown. You get a general impression that the guy's arrogance is not only saved for the pitch but also off it.

A friend of mine went to a charity golf day where he was playing with some other ex-pros. They (the other ex-pros) were all discussing what a total kn08 he was while he was in the toilets.  

Several years ago I played in a charity golf day with Gary Lineker. He also qualified as a total **** but maybe he was just having a bad day. When you're early 20s with several million pounds in the bank it must be quite hard to not act like a ****.

43 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

When you're early 20s with several million pounds in the bank it must be quite hard to not act like a ****

It's especially hard when he started out as a massive **** to begin with. 🤣

Apples

5 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Just imagine it on here if he played for Leeds lincsy. 😜

Or wore gloves, or had a silly haircut? ........Oops!