Sign in to follow this  
Hank shoots Skyler

Delia and Michael, certainly good fans of ours

Haven’t seen a dedicated thread for this but thought it definitely deserved one. Delia and Michael set up on deck chairs watching a pre season friendly in Germany - the kind of scene you’d see from grandparents watching their grandchild play Sunday league football. 

This picture perfectly taps into everything good about our owners, this makes our club special, how many clubs can you say have owners like this?

And how could their love and dedication to the club not filter through to the staff and players? You can’t put a price on that, and I have to say I favour our current model far more than the investment from afar that some seem to desire. We should be thankful for what we have. 

A7F7781C-A92A-46AA-9DF2-FA86AF9E8CF4.png

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler
  • Like 20

We’ve had good and bad times with these guys but they are the most dedicated fans out there. They genuinely love this club. I’d rather have them and not be established than some international crook owning us and just using us to launder money.

• Like 5

You only have to look at the Wigan thread to see what bad ownership can do to a Club. As for good and bad times, that's life....and football. I expect Man City would consider this past season not good.

Yep, we are lucky we have them.  In the cynical world of football with it's greed, exploitation and money grabbing, they have over the course of nearly 25 years set the club up to be one to be proud of in nearly every way. Not perfect, but then no owner is.

• Like 1

Yes agree ,they have faults but they have been fantastic for this club over the years putting in millions. 

I have nothing against them and they have done some great things for the club but I would rather owners with a much bigger ambition and resource to make that happen. Would it not be great to be allowed to go watch our team too..... I suspect the majority of owners of clubs watch their teams abroad.

Edited by Kenny Foggo

One rule for them and one rule for the fans , they get to watch the team live but we don’t 

pretty poor if you ask me 

19 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

One rule for them and one rule for the fans , they get to watch the team live but we don’t 

The cost of a reinforced deckchair for you was too prohibitive. Sorry.

• Haha 2

Are they really the nos. 1 & 2 fans? Of course not. Fans like Lil and Ricardo knock them into a cocked hat on that score. When I started supporting the club in the late 50s they were unknown so even I probably rank with them on longevity. Yes, they have ploughed millions into the club ( and got it all back ) but that doesn’t make the super fans. 

55 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Could have saved yourself the bother of all those words by sticking to.... " Moaning  for the sake..."

We'd  have been able to guess the rest of what you were saying            ( again ).

.You are losing your touch Freddo.

A case of literal  impotence.

1 hour ago, Kenny Foggo said:

I have nothing against them and they have done some great things for the club but I would rather owners with a much bigger ambition and resource to make that happen. Would it not be great to be allowed to go watch our team too..... I suspect the majority of owners of clubs watch their teams abroad.

Was wondering how long it would take before somewhat mentioned 'hambition

40 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

Yes, they have ploughed millions into the club ( and got it all back )

I thought they loaned the club some cash and didn’t ask for it back ?

1 hour ago, Uncle Fred said:

Yer just a stinking bitchin' obese protester. 🤣

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

Are they really the nos. 1 & 2 fans? Of course not. Fans like Lil and Ricardo knock them into a cocked hat on that score. When I started supporting the club in the late 50s they were unknown so even I probably rank with them on longevity. Yes, they have ploughed millions into the club ( and got it all back ) but that doesn’t make the super fans.

Why take such a negative stance on a post simply sharing the very good nature and dedication of our owners?

Do you not rank flying out to Germany to watch them play pre season friendlies on the sidelines, on deck chairs ffs, at all highly? Or is that the bare minimum we should expect? They’re not super fans according to you so it’s obviously just what run-of-the-mill fans do. Thousands of NCFC fans flock to see their team play sub tier teams in Germany every pre season don’t they!?

How can that not make them super fans at the very least? What is your criteria for a super fan?

Yes maybe I did exaggerate saying they are number 1 and 2 fans. But that wasn’t the point of the post. Maybe they’re not our outright best fans in the world but we certainly have the best supporting owners don’t we? 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Why take such a negative stance on a post simply sharing the very good nature and dedication of our owners?

Do you not rank flying out to Germany to watch them play pre season friendlies on the sidelines, on deck chairs ffs, at all highly? Or is that the bare minimum we should expect? They’re not super fans according to you so it’s obviously just what run-of-the-mill fans do. Thousands of NCFC fans flock to see their team play sub tier teams in Germany every pre season don’t they!?

How can that not make them super fans at the very least? What is your criteria for a super fan?

Yes maybe I did exaggerate saying they are number 1 and 2 fans. But that wasn’t the point of the post. Maybe they’re not our outright best fans in the world but we certainly have the best supporting owners don’t we? 

It’s not a positive though is it 

they should be setting an example , will they be watching Luton next week live when the rest of us can not

it is just another stupid act among hundreds during their ownership. They are the Dominic Cummings of the football world 

3 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

I suspect the majority of owners of clubs watch their teams abroad.

Really!!? I don't the majority of fithy rich owners watch their teams at home.

I have mellowed over the years regarding these two. We do have much to be grateful for and their level of interest and commitment cannot be bettered. They have helped serve up a roller coaster of fortunes over 20 odd years and  things have started to improve when they have eventually realized that they do not have the ability to run a club and need to surround themselves with people that do both on and off the pitch. We could do a lot lot worse

3 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

In the fairness of balance (Wigan etc) here s a link to fantastic owners I would be proud to have https://www.business-live.co.uk/economic-development/new-accounts-show-leicester-city-17854133

In fairness for balance (Leicester etc) Here's one or two who I wouldn't want and despite being stinking rich can't even achieve what our owners have.

The Al-Hasawi family

Evangelos Marinakis

Vincent Tan

Tony Xia

Paul Suen

Carson Yeung

Assem Allan

Marcus Evans

Andrea Radrizzani

Massimo Cellino

Tony Fernandez

Lakshmi Mittal

Bernie Eccleston and Flavio Briatore

Dai Yongge

Dejphon Chansiri

Alexandre Gaydamak

Jason Levien and Steve Kaplan, 

The Venkys

It's obviously not money that's held them back so is it lack of ambition? Must be a serious lack....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Herman said:

The cost of a reinforced deckchair for you was too prohibitive. Sorry.

image.png.fd9b682f2cf70dcaae65f3b85cdc334c.png

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

What a strange reaction to Crafty's post. You made a hyperbolic statement, which you then go on to even admit was OTT, and then have a go at his very measured reply just because he didn't agree with your exaggerated statement! 🤪

It feels like you went finishing, didn't catch much, and so have tried to go after the one nibble you did get...

Delia and Michael clearly love the club and will always try to do what they think is best for it.

OTBC

24 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

What a strange reaction to Crafty's post. You made a hyperbolic statement, which you then go on to even admit was OTT, and then have a go at his very measured reply just because he didn't agree with your exaggerated statement! 🤪

It feels like you went finishing, didn't catch much, and so have tried to go after the one nibble you did get...

Delia and Michael clearly love the club and will always try to do what they think is best for it.

OTBC

Not at all IMO. No problem with Crafty pointing out that they are probably not the outright number 1 and 2 best fans. If you read my post again I am taking issue with the fact he said they weren’t even ‘super fans’. How on earth does he rank our supporters to think that? Why does Ricardo’s support ‘knock them into a cocked hat (no offence to Ricardo of course)? I’d rank the support they are showing during pre season pretty much as highly as any fan can commit to a club. 

Also felt it was bad form to not even acknowledge or appreciate their dedication (as you have taken the time to do in your post) and instead prefer to pick apart my statement which was clearly to emphasise that they not just standout supporting owners, but standout supporting fans too.

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler

There really is no answer to the Norwich city football club fortunes. D and M have not got the funds to make us an established Premiership club and by passing the shares to Master Tom nothing is going to change. 
As more foreign investment goes into clubs in TC and if large enough into Div 1 we have to be happy with the occasional jaunt into TP knowing full well that it’s going to be a relegation battle every season. Be nice to be a Wolves or Leicester or Burnley for a few seasons  You either take Michael and Delia and in future Master Tom or you become a Radio Norfolk listener as Michael said they would never sell to a Chinese or foreign investment 

You pays your money and you takes your chance 

I don't know about Rickyyyyy or any cocked hat but Wynnies got 65 years and Charlie Billington in his locker. Delia just the half century ...

Edited by nutty nigel
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, daly said:

There really is no answer to the Norwich city football club fortunes. D and M have not got the funds to make us an established Premiership club and by passing the shares to Master Tom nothing is going to change. 
As more foreign investment goes into clubs in TC and if large enough into Div 1 we have to be happy with the occasional jaunt into TP knowing full well that it’s going to be a relegation battle every season. Be nice to be a Wolves or Leicester or Burnley for a few seasons  You either take Michael and Delia and in future Master Tom or you become a Radio Norfolk listener as Michael said they would never sell to a Chinese or foreign investment 

You pays your money and you takes your chance 

I get the appeal of a Leicester or Wolves sure, but Burnley, really? Would you really trade out our recent seasons for Burnley’s and their brand of football? Not for me..

The problem as well is that things change. You say Leicester and Wolves now, but what about Stoke, Bournemouth, Swansea and Watford? They all managed established runs in the prem up to recently, spending a fortune during which time that we certainly couldn’t afford. But where are they now? Are their owners superior to ours too or does your interest fluctuate to the very small bracket of mid level clubs that happen to be successful at this current time? These relegations show there are no guarantees other than for the top 6 + Everton - probably. 

The Tom debate is a more interesting one as he has obviously not made the sacrifice that earned Delia and Michael’s place. There is going to be a lot of resistance from our fanbase and there will be little goodwill for him to burn before he is under real pressure. I can’t say I am on board with it but it is a difficult spot for D and M, I don’t know what the option would be where everyone would be satisfied. 

18 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I don't know about Rickyyyyy or any cocked hat but Wynnies got 65 years and Charlie Billington in his locker. Delia just the half century ...

Twenty-five years on the terraces before I could afford a season ticket👍

Then another 42 sitting in comfort😀

• Like 1