Jump to content

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Do you disagree with that ‘usual comeback’ then? Because to my mind it’s simply responding with the truth... so you are sparing Lowfields the truth? 

Yes you only have to read articles online to see plenty of neutral fans admiring us and wishing their club was as well run as ours. Have you not been paying attention?

What is your differing opinion then? Should we be a top 10 club but Delia has been holding us back all these years? Would you rather we had a billionaire in charge like all those similar-sized clubs around us (most of whom are actually below us by the way)?

Yes I am pretty triggered, it’s just disappointing that some fans can’t seem to see what’s in front  of them and appreciate it. We’ve been fortunate as fans to have so many exciting seasons in recent years. 

I appreciate everything that we achieve. 
I want more!
You see the way Leeds went about it this season and they have done exceptionally well. 
We can emulate that, easily. We just need the backing.

Imagine Webber and Farke with the kind of backing Bielsa has had! 
The youth model is a fantastic model and credit to Webber and Farke for it. 

We have had plenty of exciting seasons, we have also had some absolute dross seasons, let’s not forget that.

So much potential for the club and any (logical) fan of another club I speak to, has a similar view.
 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

My player is better than your player... My manager is better than your manager... My club is better than your club... My dad would beat your dad up in a fight. 

Honestly what a waste of time any of this discussion is. Just completely circular nonsense, and of course no one is going to concede.

Leeds have been class this season, there’s loads to like about them and they’re probably the team I like to watch most outside of the top clubs. I would be very surprised to see them go down next season, particularly with Bielsa still there.

But would I trade Pukki and Farke for Bamford and Bielsa? Absolutely bloody not, and coming on a Norwich forum to mouth off that there is no comparison between either of them is just plain stupid and insulting.

Norwich are the team I support, and there’s loads to like about us right now too, we have an equally diligent and progressive manager, play the best football I’ve ever seen under one of the most likeable models a football team can have. A few good signings next season and we can 100% do what Leeds have done this year. 

This childish debate is like trying to compare family pets and say whose is better. No way are you going to accept anyone else’s pet being better than your own one (unless your cat happens to be a total arsehole like our one but that doesn’t apply here).

We both have good pets guys, we both follow good teams. 

But I just couldn’t ever imagine myself going on a Brentford forum and saying the same about Pukki and Farke and how much better they are than Toney and Franke. Just weird behaviour. They may be under us on the football ladder now but it doesn’t take long for things to change, and the same goes for us and Leeds.

Just enjoy your team as it is right now and take the compliments, but also respect the team whose forum you are visiting and stop the pathetic **** measuring and maybe then there will be some decent conversation. 

Its not about who's better than who.

Its about a thread on a Norwich forum about................ Leeds United. Started by, Norwich fans.

Its about pointing out the inaccuracies and complete nonsense spouted at the start of this thread by clueless idiots who have now all of a sudden gone very quiet.

Looking forward to next season, where this thread will probably get bumped again at some point.  🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Decent owner willing to do what is right for their club and succeeds who would have thought it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

Its not about who's better than who.

Its about a thread on a Norwich forum about................ Leeds United. Started by, Norwich fans.

Its about pointing out the inaccuracies and complete nonsense spouted at the start of this thread by clueless idiots who have now all of a sudden gone very quiet.

Looking forward to next season, where this thread will probably get bumped again at some point.  🙂

Well the comment I was referring to was Rob Whites.

And yes well done for spotting some fans thought you would go down last season, what a shock some people thought a newly promoted team could be relegated..

Those people were no more wrong than the people who thought you would be promoted in 18/19 season when you guys bottled the league.

I’m just surprised you feel the need to wipe people’s noses in it, on their forum, as opposed to just amicably discussing both our teams. 

I can honestly say I have no interest in fishing out any prediction threads from Ipswich fans who expected us to sink in the championship this season - and I’m sure there were many.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

I appreciate everything that we achieve. 
I want more!
You see the way Leeds went about it this season and they have done exceptionally well. 
We can emulate that, easily. We just need the backing.

Imagine Webber and Farke with the kind of backing Bielsa has had! 
The youth model is a fantastic model and credit to Webber and Farke for it. 

We have had plenty of exciting seasons, we have also had some absolute dross seasons, let’s not forget that.

So much potential for the club and any (logical) fan of another club I speak to, has a similar view.
 

So these logical fans of other clubs would have appointed Webber and Farke and backed them with more money.

I wonder why they didn't...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

God we must be bored if we’re talking about Leeds FFS, I mean really who gives a toss. I’ve zero interest in them unless we’re playing them. I hate it after the season had ended! Roll on the Euros where at least I have a team to support. And roll on next season!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

I appreciate everything that we achieve. 
I want more!
You see the way Leeds went about it this season and they have done exceptionally well. 
We can emulate that, easily. We just need the backing.

Imagine Webber and Farke with the kind of backing Bielsa has had! 
The youth model is a fantastic model and credit to Webber and Farke for it. 

We have had plenty of exciting seasons, we have also had some absolute dross seasons, let’s not forget that.

So much potential for the club and any (logical) fan of another club I speak to, has a similar view.
 

I don't disagree with any of that, I just think its difficult. I would love them to have more money, but we still have everything else so good, and you have to say its still been enough for the club to be successful too. 

We have the personnel, structure, facilities, academy, scouting system etc etc, but don't have much money. 

Other clubs have money but only a handful or even none of those things.

I know which I'd rather have. 

I would agree that some kind of external funding now, under the same leadership, would definitely give us a great chance of climbing another level. But you have to recognise that it was the owners who got the club where they've got it, in bringing in the exceptional staff we have now (well Webber). 

Had we had a billionaire come in 5-10 years ago, could they bring in people who would spend the money wisely such as Webber or would we just end up as another QPR, Huddersfield, Birmingham, Portsmouth, Sunderland, Bolton, Stoke, Derby, Ipswich etc etc?

As supporters they've also brought something more special to the club. Scenes like Delia starting the Emi Buendia song with Norwich fans after we won promotion are beyond rare when it comes to ownership. Or Delia and Michael sitting on deck chairs watching the players in a friendly in Germany last year. Our current and ex players comment on this relationship all the time. 

They have a similar thing going at Leicester, and just look at the celebrations with the Leicester players / staff and their owner after the FA cup final, unreal stuff. 

I'd hate for us to sell up and have an owner who didn't get involved with the club's fans or staff, or go to games or show any kind of commitment other than financial backing. That's what 90% of owners seem to be these days. 

It will be a sad day for the club when Delia / Michael move on IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

So these logical fans of other clubs would have appointed Webber and Farke and backed them with more money.

I wonder why they didn't...

Backed them with any kind of money you mean? Webber and Farke have performed a miracle on the pittance they have been served! Please don’t forget the failings of the owners-Jez Moxley. The logical fans of other clubs wouldn’t have appointed him! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

I don't disagree with any of that, I just think its difficult. I would love them to have more money, but we still have everything else so good, and you have to say its still been enough for the club to be successful too. 

We have the personnel, structure, facilities, academy, scouting system etc etc, but don't have much money. 

Other clubs have money but only a handful or even none of those things.

I know which I'd rather have. 

I would agree that some kind of external funding now, under the same leadership, would definitely give us a great chance of climbing another level. But you have to recognise that it was the owners who got the club where they've got it, in bringing in the exceptional staff we have now (well Webber). 

Had we had a billionaire come in 5-10 years ago, could they bring in people who would spend the money wisely such as Webber or would we just end up as another QPR, Huddersfield, Birmingham, Portsmouth, Sunderland, Bolton, Stoke, Derby, Ipswich etc etc?

As supporters they've also brought something more special to the club. Scenes like Delia starting the Emi Buendia song with Norwich fans after we won promotion are beyond rare when it comes to ownership. Or Delia and Michael sitting on deck chairs watching the players in a friendly in Germany last year. Our current and ex players comment on this relationship all the time. 

They have a similar thing going at Leicester, and just look at the celebrations with the Leicester players / staff and their owner after the FA cup final, unreal stuff. 

I'd hate for us to sell up and have an owner who didn't get involved with the club's fans or staff, or go to games or show any kind of commitment other than financial backing. That's what 90% of owners seem to be these days. 

It will be a sad day for the club when Delia / Michael move on IMO.

I appreciate a humble atmosphere and a family feel at the club. The thing is, football Is ruthless now. We can keep going against the grain. But if these smug Leeds fans are on here next year saying “I told you so” I’ll be as angry as anyone else on this forum and questioning when the club shows some ambition. 
 

i hope I am wrong, I really do. But we have blown it too many times and I believe a change is needed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Sniping aside, I truly believe there is a great deal we can learn from Leeds United. For example they had the foresight to establish links with what in effect became feeder clubs for them on the continent. Such as Cultural Leonesa in Spain, back in the summer of  2017. I'd never heard of the club, myself, but they have no doubt since provided Leeds with a host of young talent.

Oddly, I seem to remember we signed a player from there in the summer of 2018, after they had  become this feeder club, but obviously someone Leeds had correctly assessed as a complete waste of space and whom we had since shunted off to Wroxham United or Lowestoft Reserves, or somewhere even lower down the pyramid.

Edited by PurpleCanary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

I appreciate a humble atmosphere and a family feel at the club. The thing is, football Is ruthless now. We can keep going against the grain. But if these smug Leeds fans are on here next year saying “I told you so” I’ll be as angry as anyone else on this forum and questioning when the club shows some ambition. 
 

i hope I am wrong, I really do. But we have blown it too many times and I believe a change is needed. 

We can’t keep ordering egg and chips when dining at the top table. I trust Webber to get it right this summer and ultimately help himself and Norwich City long term. We aren’t going to spend silly this summer but let’s hope it’s at least on the 2 for £10 meal deal as opposed to the children’s menu which has been the norm. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Sniping aside, I truly believe there is a great deal we can learn from Leeds United. For example they had the foresight to establish links with what in effect became feeder clubs for them on the continent. Such as Cultural Leonesa in Spain, back in the summer of  2017. I'd never heard of the club, myself, but they have no doubt since provided Leeds with a host of young talent.

Oddly, I seem to remember we signed a player from there in the summer of 2018, after they had  become this feeder club, but obviously someone Leeds had correctly assessed as a complete waste of space and whom we had since shunted off to Wroxham United or Lowestoft Reserves, or somewhere even lower down the pyramid.

The player you’re thinking of was signed from Getafe. He was only on loan to Leonesa. Not sure why no Leeds scout picked up on him though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

The player you’re thinking of was signed from Getafe. He was only on loan to Leonesa. Not sure why no Leeds scout picked up on him though.

Yes, but he was playing for this Leeds United feeder club at the relevant time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly don't care what Leeds United are up to. 

I'm sure belsa and co are a lovely bunch. 

Let's crack on. 

Bamford is a little bit of a ****, I'm sure he'll understand that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Backed them with any kind of money you mean? Webber and Farke have performed a miracle on the pittance they have been served! Please don’t forget the failings of the owners-Jez Moxley. The logical fans of other clubs wouldn’t have appointed him! 

No, what I meant was I wonder why they didn't appoint Webber and Farke. Go back to 2017 and look at the people these lauded owners were appointing. And then backing with money.

As for Leeds. Well they have been in Delia and Michaels shadow for a dozen years. As soon as they see a bit of sunshine their fans sabbatical on here ends and you hold them up as a club to be aspired to. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It really is only friendly banter, no one is being nasty (apart from the small few that tells us Leeds fans to F-off. We have had Norwich fans come onto Waccoe before now as well as supporters from other teams. As long as they abide by the rules it's ok. 

Truth be told its been nice to get one up on Norwich for a change in 'recent years' and yes in hindsight its not about Bielsa vs Farke or Pukki vs Bamford etc. If Bielsa does leave this season which I don't think he will then Leeds will have a back up plan anyway. We are a much better club than when we were in the Bates era where we used to sell our best players to Norwich and have made sensible recruitments for the prem. We are a much better run club now. 

Second syndrome relegation is a possibility but considering we have been stronger in the second half of the season and cut out all those goals we were shipping I have a feeling we will be ok. We are 6th in the second half form table and finishing strong. 

Norwich fans probably need to question why they don't seem to survive staying in the prem and learn from past mistakes. In all fairness you are a better team than you were a couple of years ago so there is no reason to now break that cycle but will the board back Farke and give you money to spend on the right players to help keep you there? Lets hope for your sake you break that yo-yo curse once and for all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

No, what I meant was I wonder why they didn't appoint Webber and Farke. Go back to 2017 and look at the people these lauded owners were appointing. And then backing with money.

As for Leeds. Well they have been in Delia and Michaels shadow for a dozen years. As soon as they see a bit of sunshine their fans sabbatical on here ends and you hold them up as a club to be aspired to. 

 

I actually think City and Leeds have followed a very similar model in the last few years, both have appointed a foreign coach with a defined style of play alongside a head of recruitment who tries to source players best suited to that style, the only difference between the two clubs is the recruitment budget. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Rob Whites said:

It really is only friendly banter, no one is being nasty (apart from the small few that tells us Leeds fans to F-off. We have had Norwich fans come onto Waccoe before now as well as supporters from other teams. As long as they abide by the rules it's ok. 

Truth be told its been nice to get one up on Norwich for a change in 'recent years' and yes in hindsight its not about Bielsa vs Farke or Pukki vs Bamford etc. If Bielsa does leave this season which I don't think he will then Leeds will have a back up plan anyway. We are a much better club than when we were in the Bates era where we used to sell our best players to Norwich and have made sensible recruitments for the prem. We are a much better run club now. 

Second syndrome relegation is a possibility but considering we have been stronger in the second half of the season and cut out all those goals we were shipping I have a feeling we will be ok. We are 6th in the second half form table and finishing strong. 

Norwich fans probably need to question why they don't seem to survive staying in the prem and learn from past mistakes. In all fairness you are a better team than you were a couple of years ago so there is no reason to now break that cycle but will the board back Farke and give you money to spend on the right players to help keep you there? Lets hope for your sake you break that yo-yo curse once and for all. 

Rob, would you rather have owners that are fans or billionaires that are only interested in the bottom line? Radz is going to sell fairly soon and is already looking at clubs in Serie A as his next project, I fully expect that if Leeds stay up next year the 49ers family will look to increase their stake to a majority, Norwich will spend over the summer but they won't gamble like we did.

One last thing, if Leeds hadn't have gone up last season Bielsa would have left along with Philips etc and we wouldn't be having this discussion right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

No, what I meant was I wonder why they didn't appoint Webber and Farke. Go back to 2017 and look at the people these lauded owners were appointing. And then backing with money.

As for Leeds. Well they have been in Delia and Michaels shadow for a dozen years. As soon as they see a bit of sunshine their fans sabbatical on here ends and you hold them up as a club to be aspired to. 

 

I don’t aspire for us to be Leeds, I aspire for us to be better than Leeds. I wouldn’t trade Webber and Farke for their hierarchy. Back what we have and we can be a good premiership team.

They have built on last season with some good signings. We spend about £1.5m and a few loans and end up on 21 points. I look at them, not with envy. But question how far we could go with similar backing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, DraytonBoy said:

Norwich will spend over the summer but they won't gamble like we did.

We will never gamble again.

What all other fans from all other clubs in the PL just can't seem to understand is that we do not have mega rich owners so will never blow £100m on new players.

£ for £ we must be the most successful club of recent times in terms of performance vs the cost of operation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

We will never gamble again.

What all other fans from all other clubs in the PL just can't seem to understand is that we do not have mega rich owners so will never blow £100m on new players.

£ for £ we must be the most successful club of recent times in terms of performance vs the cost of operation.

I think that is where a lot of fans have gone wrong. They have been brainwashed into thinking that throwing £'s at something is the No 1 answer to be a successful football club, but, as we well know (and have reacted to) that is not how it works (especially when you do not have a billionaire owner). As a sustainable model, football does fly against running a successful business. It cannot go on forever, and is already incredibly fragile in places. 

Obviously some fans do not care as long as they dine at the top table, but it doesn't make for a sustainable, attractive sporting arena. There are plenty of fans who are bored of parts of it.

Fans of other clubs mock our model, but we do not have a billionaire owner, and have to resort to an old school way of running a club properly (Academy etc). I love where we are at in the journey. Plenty of other clubs would love to be us atm, no question, despite their fans bravado.

 

P.S one more thing to throw into the Bielsa/Farke banter. In 2017/18 Leeds finished above us, yet the next season, Farke took us up and Bielsa blew it. The gap between them is not a chasm as some may think 🙂 

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

one more thing to throw into the Bielsa/Farke banter. In 2017/18 Leeds finished above us, yet the next season, Farke took us up and Bielsa blew it. The gap between them is not a chasm as some may think 🙂 

  

I do get the Bielsa obsession, any manager that turned that club around was going to be a hero and 1 more place up the table and then Bielsa will be as good as Chris Wilder 😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess it's nice to see Leeds fans on the forum after about 10 years of nothing. I wonder why that is...

By all accounts they've done well this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DraytonBoy said:

Rob, would you rather have owners that are fans or billionaires that are only interested in the bottom line? Radz is going to sell fairly soon and is already looking at clubs in Serie A as his next project, I fully expect that if Leeds stay up next year the 49ers family will look to increase their stake to a majority, Norwich will spend over the summer but they won't gamble like we did.

One last thing, if Leeds hadn't have gone up last season Bielsa would have left along with Philips etc and we wouldn't be having this discussion right now. 

There is no indication that Radz will leave the club and I agree had we not gone up then we would have lost Bielsa and Phillips. Having said that had Norwich not gone up you would have also lost Buendia and Cantwell, both far too good for the championship. 

Its fine having fans as owners as long as they back it up with finances. The board surely need to question where they have gone wrong with failed promotions over the last few years. Why does Norwich find their way back to the championship after 1-2 years? 

Leeds have been badly run for years and this goes back to the Ridsdale era, then we had Bates, GFH Capital and Cellino. Radz has given Bielsa what he wants and has delivered his aims. 

If Radz does go then Bielsa might but like I say I have heard nothing on that subject and don't listen to rumours. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Leeds fans started a thread about Norwich City on their website, I would not give a sh** as I don't go on other fans site. Its all very silly and tinpot that sort of thing.... oh well if it keeps them happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hogesar said:

I guess it's nice to see Leeds fans on the forum after about 10 years of nothing. I wonder why that is...

By all accounts they've done well this season. 

Are they Champions of Europe again? 😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

If Leeds fans started a thread about Norwich City on their website, I would not give a sh** as I don't go on other fans site. Its all very silly and tinpot that sort of thing.... oh well if it keeps them happy.

I don't think i'd even know about it, because I wouldn't have seen it. I'm surprised MASSIVE Leeds are that triggered by what a few Norwich fans on an online forum think.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rob Whites said:

There is no indication that Radz will leave the club and I agree had we not gone up then we would have lost Bielsa and Phillips. Having said that had Norwich not gone up you would have also lost Buendia and Cantwell, both far too good for the championship. 

Its fine having fans as owners as long as they back it up with finances. The board surely need to question where they have gone wrong with failed promotions over the last few years. Why does Norwich find their way back to the championship after 1-2 years? 

Leeds have been badly run for years and this goes back to the Ridsdale era, then we had Bates, GFH Capital and Cellino. Radz has given Bielsa what he wants and has delivered his aims. 

If Radz does go then Bielsa might but like I say I have heard nothing on that subject and don't listen to rumours. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can’t fault the BOD remarks from Rob Whites we have been a yo-yo club

Is that what the BOD want or are we going to spend the season hoping results of other teams go our way 

We have been given a second chance after last season’s mistakes 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, daly said:

Can’t fault the BOD remarks from Rob Whites we have been a yo-yo club

Is that what the BOD want or are we going to spend the season hoping results of other teams go our way 

We have been given a second chance after last season’s mistakes 

Delia and Michael stated in the recent podcast that their aim is to see us become an established PL club, and that they think we have a great chance of doing that under Farke and Webber. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...