2 hours ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

🔝

Thought you were going to stop posting?

urely your season must go down as a failure, all that money spent, you have the "best coach in the world" and you have nothing to show for it other than survival.

You didn't even get an invite to the ESL.

What has the world of football come to, do they not know who Leeds Utd are 🤷🏻‍♂️

Bit more than "survival" isn't it.

How did your survival go last time around?

Better start a decent recruitment process this time, where did all that money go exactly last time? hmmm......

48 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

They spent £95m! You give that sort of money to Webber and we'd win the league.

Its called sensible recruitment.

How much would you say Raphinha is worth now? bad business?

Llorente and Koch, international centre backs, missing through injury but now back fully fit and playing excellent, bad business?

Rodrigo - 2 class goals today, again.... missing for large parts through injury, full pre season and he will be on fire.

You make it sound as if its bad to run the club within strict financial constraints, whilst investing the TV revenue money to improve the squad with good, astute signings.

The other signings were loans with an obligation to buy once promotion was sealed - £5 million for Meslier - another absolute snip.

Lets see your recruitment policy this summer, should be a giggle.

Second-season (or, indeed in our case, third season after Lambert cleared off) syndrome is certainly possible, but we'll just have to wait and see. That said, Leeds recruited pretty adroitly for this season. They're certainly a defender or two light, and Meslier is playing like a typical promising young goalkeeper - some brilliance but also a few errors in there. I actually think he might become a little steadier and more reliable next season for having a full Premiership season under his belt.

We need another centre-half and at least a David Batty replica in the middle of the pitch. Got a suspicion Idah, although I think he might be best served going on loan for a year, might get the support gig and Soto gets the loan.

As ever though for teams coming up and teams that stayed up, a lot depends on what the expected rival teams can do.

We didn’t spend any money which was the problem. We didn’t have any to spend. 

Leeds have done exceptionally well this season, adding improvements to what they already had rather than dismantling the Championship winning team.

I hope we can do the same. 

1 minute ago, duke63 said:

We didn’t spend any money which was the problem. We didn’t have any to spend. 

Leeds have done exceptionally well this season, adding improvements to what they already had rather than dismantling the Championship winning team.

I hope we can do the same. 

Well, we did spend a bit, mainly on loan fees. To be honest, that worked out badly in terms of playing performance as frankly, none of Fährmann, Amadou and Roberts established themselves (although I'd argue Fährmann's presence drove Krul on) during the season, nor did Duda in the January window.

At the same time, we weren't lumped with their wages when we went down so weren't financially in the sort of bind where it was "get back to the Premier League or we're financially in the **** again". As Webber basically said, we'll have more to spend this time around, but only by our standards. And we've already spent £15m on Gibson and Giannoulis.

I can't see much more beyond loans to be honest.

23 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Well, we did spend a bit, mainly on loan fees. To be honest, that worked out badly in terms of playing performance as frankly, none of Fährmann, Amadou and Roberts established themselves (although I'd argue Fährmann's presence drove Krul on) during the season, nor did Duda in the January window.

At the same time, we weren't lumped with their wages when we went down so weren't financially in the sort of bind where it was "get back to the Premier League or we're financially in the **** again". As Webber basically said, we'll have more to spend this time around, but only by our standards. And we've already spent £15m on Gibson and Giannoulis.

I can't see much more beyond loans to be honest.

I hope your wrong regarding only loans or it’s only going to be a long, long season. 

46 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

Bit more than "survival" isn't it.

How did your survival go last time around?

Better start a decent recruitment process this time, where did all that money go exactly last time? hmmm......

Well you certainly didn't win anything or qualify for any european football so all you've done is survive 😉

If I was a Leeds fan I'd be furious with Bielsa, world's best coach, in fact best coach in the whole universe so surely must do better 🤷🏻‍♂️

50 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

Its called sensible recruitment.

How much would you say Raphinha is worth now? bad business?

Llorente and Koch, international centre backs, missing through injury but now back fully fit and playing excellent, bad business?

Rodrigo - 2 class goals today, again.... missing for large parts through injury, full pre season and he will be on fire.

You make it sound as if its bad to run the club within strict financial constraints, whilst investing the TV revenue money to improve the squad with good, astute signings.

The other signings were loans with an obligation to buy once promotion was sealed - £5 million for Meslier - another absolute snip.

Lets see your recruitment policy this summer, should be a giggle.

I didn't make any comment about who you bought, just how much you spent. 

I haven't the slightest ****ing clue who Raphina is (sounds like a ninja turtle) or how big your Koch is abroad because I literally don't give a **** about Leeds, just like you shouldn't give a **** about us or our forums.

Edited by Terminally Yellow
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Well you certainly didn't win anything or qualify for any european football so all you've done is survive 😉

If I was a Leeds fan I'd be furious with Bielsa, world's best coach, in fact best coach in the whole universe so surely must do better 🤷🏻‍♂️

Stop talking utter nonsense.

You sound very bitter about Bielsa.

He's done an absolutely brilliant job with that squad, what do you think the end result would have been with a Scott Parker or a Steve Bruce coaching them?

1 minute ago, Terminally Yellow said:

I didn't make any comment about who you bought, just how much you spent. 

I haven't the slightest ****ing clue who Raphina is (sounds like a ninja turtle) or how big your Koch is abroad because I literally don't give a **** about Leeds, just like you shouldn't give a **** about us or our forums.

Thank you for highlighting your complete and utter ignorance.

19 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

Perhaps it's just that nobody is particularly interested in Leeds Utd. these days.

They ring no bell, excite no interest or seem to be setting the PL on fire.

Survival. Well done indeed.

You've sure got something on us, at a cost.

Edited by BroadstairsR

12 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

Stop talking utter nonsense.

You sound very bitter about Bielsa.

He's done an absolutely brilliant job with that squad, what do you think the end result would have been with a Scott Parker or a Steve Bruce coaching them?

Nonsense? Sorry did you win the PL, qualify for CL or Europe or win any trophies this season as I must have missed that then sorry 🤷🏻‍♂️

I'm taking the p1ss out of you lot and the claims that Bielsa is some sort of God, although I suspect that might be over your head somewhat 😉

48 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I hope your wrong regarding only loans or it’s only going to be a long, long season. 

Worked well with Gibson and Giannoulis. Probably be a similar template - take them on loan, and if we stay up, pay a certain amount.

5 hours ago, Lowfields1919 said:

Afternoon lads and lasses.

Quick bump.

Still waiting for this "Bielsa burnout".

So many on this thread been proved utterly wrong.

Anyway....... how you think you will do next season? 

Bielsa has been good value as has the Leeds team this season. Surprised by Bamford...and he seems to shine when he is really believed in, which Bielsa does.

Looking forward to playing Leeds again next season. The match at Elland Rd last time is a personal favourite. Norwich players were given a 'warm' reception by Leeds fans and had to come in via the family entrance (though watching that was just as warm) and I expect it wound them up. Leeds don't like Norwich do they? Never really understood why we are so important as to be disliked by Leeds fans...not as if there is much history is there. Not a local rivalry. Maybe Leeds fans hate other clubs more so (thought Man Utd for one).

Wonder how Bielsa might handle the Alioski incident today? Is he good at man management when it comes to stuff like the latest racism report. Berardi I think upset our Cameron Jerome years ago. Nothing happened then. Authorities and clubs took no action.

As for us, I guess with our self funded model we will bound to be everybody's scapegoat next season. Supporters and commentators didn't agree with our approach very much last time. May as well get your bets in now. You've said you'll enjoy our recruitment so will leave it there.

For me, I love my club and it's values so nothing really hits home in criticism from other clubs. We've had Sheff Utd, Brighton fans giving grief in the last couple of years ...I think underneath it's because of a deep inferiority complex with them. Otherwise why do they post?

Edited by sonyc

They stayed up comfortably, good luck to them. I'd be more than happy if we did the same although I expect it to be somewhat tighter.

As for our all time league record v LEEDS, I'm quite happy with it.

P 52  W 19  D 13  L 20   F 81   A 74

Edited by ricardo

2 hours ago, Lowfields1919 said:

I am absolutely ignorant about Leeds, because they're an utter irrelevance to me. 

I know Bielsa is a great manager. I like Kalvin Phillips and think he's truly international class. I couldn't name you any more than six Leeds players. 

I don't know these things or go on other club's forums and revive threads from February because I actually have things to do in my life. 

So you're spot on. I'm deliberately ignorant, because I have much better things to occupy my time and attention with, like my family, my work and my own interests. I'm sorry you don't have as fulfilling a life that you feel the need to still be posting on this thread, despite so many of us clearly showing you, you aren't welcome here. 

On 26/02/2021 at 15:01, Lowfields1919 said:

Yeah, I think you're going up now, no trouble.

Regarding money to spend (or lack of it) does anybody ever ask where the money goes? It does seem strange considering the amount of TV revenue kicking about.

We have had more than our share of bad owners over the last 2 decades, Bates for example was bleeding the club dry and syphoning off the profits to offshore bank accounts in the Cayman islands, all the while using the match day programme as his propaganda outlet to keep the majority of gullible fans onside.

People said we have spent a lot in the close season, and we did, but importantly it was all accounted for through the revenue streams the Premier league gives you.

Our defence - We strengthened pre season - Koch £13 million, and Llorente £17 million............ Koch has been injured now for the last couple of months, and Llorente made his second start of the season against Southampton, again through injuries.

We have for the vast majority of this season been playing with a makeshift defence which on paper is far weaker than the defence in the championship last season ( no Ben White). This never seems to get highlighted by the media, yet Liverpool on the other hand, its excuse after excuse about their missing players.

Goalkeeper is a position that needs strengthening, the reason for that is our second choice (Casillas) is a massive liability, so all the pressure has been put on the 20 year old lad in goal who has done a brilliant job overall considering the defence crisis mentioned above, think he's just broke some record for clean sheets in the Prem for a 20 year old.

Anyway...... you'll have to probably invest if you go up, if not, why not? where's the money going?

Careful, the Delia apologists will come out and say “the accounts are there in black and white for everyone to see”

If we play the post and not the poster, and also look beyond the fact we don't like Leeds, then fair play to them. 

Leeds this season is more-or-less exactly what we wanted to do last season, in terms of continuing our very positive, attacking style of football from our promotion into the Premier League and making it work. We failed, and Leeds succeeded. Obviously a huge caveat is Leeds' £100m spend, but most of that money was spent on players who haven't been involved that much this season anyway, mainly through injury.

The season Leeds had this season surely has to be our aim, too. Their regular starting XI is largely the same as the one that got promoted with a couple of players added, and they've stayed up comfortably playing some really entertaining football. Accounting for the huge difference in expected spend, as we'll probably spend less than a third of what they did, an equally successful season for us would probably be finishing just above a relegation battle in about 14th whilst playing some good football and scoring lots of goals.

If we play the poster, then I have no idea what he has to gain by coming on here and gloating, especially when we've had a fantastic season ourselves anyway. Seems rather juvenile to me.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Seems rather juvenile to me.

Think you may have hit on the salient factor here.

In a nutshell Leeds have set the standard that Norwich needs to follow which is why they keep failing when they go up.  Farke is no Bielsa and will not make players like Pukki into a player Bielsa has made Bamford, You will struggle!! 

Lets hope they give you cash to spend otherwise it will be an easy 6 points for Leeds next season. 

I must say it is jolly nice of these Leeds United fans to join our little message-board to take the places of all those much-loved posters of ours who have gone strangely missing this successful season.🤓

12 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I must say it is jolly nice of these Leeds United fans to join our little message-board to take the places of all those much-loved posters of ours who have gone strangely missing this successful season.🤓

Indeed. It's a shame they didn't come on here before this season, to educate us on the errors of our ways

Whilst the main aim is the same for all promoted clubs the method of travel is often very different, I'm sure Norwich will add to the squad but I can't see them spending big unless one or more of the 'crown jewels' is sold, Leeds on the other hand had/have the resources to blow £100 million and are happy doing that. The perception of success is also different, staying up will be seen as a good season for Norwich but anything other than another top ten finish (or better) will be a failure for Leeds and Bielsa will likely leave along with some of their better players. 

44 minutes ago, Rob Whites said:

In a nutshell Leeds have set the standard that Norwich needs to follow which is why they keep failing when they go up.  Farke is no Bielsa and will not make players like Pukki into a player Bielsa has made Bamford, You will struggle!! 

Lets hope they give you cash to spend otherwise it will be an easy 6 points for Leeds next season. 

Who the **** asked you? 

No one gives a **** about your insignificant club. **** off back to Yorkshire and start worrying about how you prevent yourself being the next Sheffield United - as someone who supports a club who has actually been in the Premier League more than once in the last ten years I can assure you the second season is harder than the first.

30 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Who the **** asked you? 

No one gives a **** about your insignificant club. **** off back to Yorkshire and start worrying about how you prevent yourself being the next Sheffield United - as someone who supports a club who has actually been in the Premier League more than once in the last ten years I can assure you the second season is harder than the first.

Give over, no need to be bitter and yes the second season is harder however the difference being Sheffield didn't do anything about it and still relied on journeymen such as McGoldrick and Billy Sharp. I can't think of one person in that team of any quality whatsoever. 

Correct, Norwich have been in the prem more than once in the last ten years but is that a bragging right? You need to break that 'yo-yo' name you have been given. 

These Leeds fans.... They spend one season in the PL in nearly two decades and suddenly they think they are an established side. Next season may be very different 

They’ve done well, played some nice football and are obviously being well coached by ‘pound for pound’ the best manager in the League.......

Said everyone about Sheffield United this time last year.

7 minutes ago, JF said:

These Leeds fans.... They spend one season in the PL in nearly two decades and suddenly they think they are an established side. Next season may be very different 

I read the patronising drivel from some of them and find it difficult to imagine any of those posters not being mid 50s or above in age, from this area, who started 'supporting' leeds when they were successful in the 70s (my mate did and I found it amusing for decades after- he didn't).

And for the sake of clarity to any patronising tw4t who responds; yes leeds are a big club (and have some 'supporters' who clearly have an inferiority complex with us- for some strange reason), yes I enjoy watching them play and yes I'm impressed how they did this year.

But for the love of god, particularly to posters like lowlands who feel the need to try and 'educate' us all, why don't you just p155 off to your own destructive, pathetically entitled forum to spout your unwelcomed garbage?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, East Rider said:

I read the patronising drivel from some of them and find it difficult to imagine any of those posters not being mid 50s or above in age, from this area, who started 'supporting' leeds when they were successful in the 70s (my mate did and I found it amusing for decades after- he didn't).

And for the sake of clarity to any patronising tw4t who responds; yes leeds are a big club (and have some 'supporters' who clearly have an inferiority complex with us- for some strange reason), yes I enjoy watching them play and yes I'm impressed how they did this year.

But for the love of god, particularly to posters like lowlands who feel the need to try and 'educate' us all, why don't you just p155 off to your own destructive, pathetically entitled forum to spout your unwelcomed garbage?

Got to agree with this ER. I like watching Leeds play, but now is not the time to start shouting how they have everything in place and point out how wrong others are. I guess they can't help themselves, after many years when no one (especially their owners) bothered about them and a little bit of wee came out this season. so we need to cut them some slack

Having said that, this;

2 hours ago, Rob Whites said:

In a nutshell Leeds have set the standard that Norwich needs to follow which is why they keep failing when they go up.  Farke is no Bielsa and will not make players like Pukki into a player Bielsa has made Bamford,

doesn't help their self imposed superior football knowledge mantra.