On 27/09/2020 at 16:40, Lowfields1919 said:

Hows it going to end then?

Lovely clean sheet today, Koch was excellent at the back, as was the young keeper.

Always going to take time to gel, we've got Llorente in now too, so some competition at last for the centre back position.

Fair play, Lowfields - I’ve watched Leeds tonight and they’ve impressed me. I’m not one of these Pink’un folk like Ricky who don’t have the b0ll0x to admit when they’ve called something wrong. However, I do think I’m wrong on my assumption that you will struggle - you will certainly stay up. The games not over, granted, but you have attacked Man City with verve and vigour. You should be commended for that. Great display.

51 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Fair play, Lowfields - I’ve watched Leeds tonight and they’ve impressed me. I’m not one of these Pink’un folk like Ricky who don’t have the b0ll0x to admit when they’ve called something wrong. However, I do think I’m wrong on my assumption that you will struggle - you will certainly stay up. The games not over, granted, but you have attacked Man City with verve and vigour. You should be commended for that. Great display.

No problem mate.

Im probably going to stop posting on this thread from now on to be fair, as it will get very boring very quick.

Only came to counter some of the more ridiculous posts from certain people (who seem to have gone very quiet lately) and try put some perspective out there.

Good point for us today, would have taken that before kick off, especially after the first 20mins where it looked like we were going to get a hiding, but we came back into it and could easily have taken all 3 points by the end.

Very proud of the football this Leeds team are playing.

I have no grudge towards Norwich and wish you well this season.

Lets leave it at that.

8 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Leeds will comfortably stay up on what I've  seen so far.

Given how utter gash West Brom and Fulham are I dont think Leeds need to worry about being in the bottom two at least

Before you go Lowie (not that anyone believes you really will or even wish it if the truth be known), please give us your opinion about Raphinha, since he seems to be the one Bielsa has finally settled on.

Pleased with that signature? I hear that he´s able to play anywhere across the front line, so where do you think he´d feature?

I´m still surprised, despite what you´ve said, that nothing concrete became of the interest in Cantwell. The general consensus is that he´ll be off soon, and there was quite a bit of evidence that he was keen on a move to ER. On the other hand, maybe that is indeed the end of the speculation, now that Leeds must have spent getting on for £100m (if you include the U-23s) so far since promotion.

We´ll see. Still some time left in the domestic transfer window for this to be resolved. Cheers anyway.

On 27/09/2020 at 16:39, kick it off said:

Pukki had 4 in 2. Got 11 all season. It won't last. Gail has always been ****e.

Nowthen lads and lasses......

Thought I would pop back in and see how you're all doing, and get this peach of a thread bumped back up where it belongs. 😆

No offence @kick it off yours was the first one of many that popped out, nothing personal.

Looks like you're coming back up for next season, going to make a better fist of it this time?

8 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

Thought I would pop back in and see how you're all doing, and get this peach of a thread bumped back up where it belongs. 😆

No offence @kick it off yours was the first one of many that popped out, nothing personal.

Looks like you're coming back up for next season, going to make a better fist of it this time?

Alright princess, turn your thong around so it's a bit more comfortable 😆

6 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

Not sure any of us really thought Leeds would struggle with the signings you made. What has surprised and impressed me is how players like Bamford and Harrison have stepped up. They were very ordinary in the Championship but with better players to support them they have really shown; and Phillips is a class player.

Defensively, you're still very fragile and I/m sure this summer you will make more signings there. Your keeper is very talented but very young and prone to errors and you need more experience there - look at how Martinez has contributed to making Villa solid.

As for us, we'll hopefully go up again, but not sure whether it will be any different. We are tighter defensively but also less clinical going forward. We'll probably spend about £30m this time - £14m is already committed on Gibson and Giannoulis, leaving perhaps £15m for a defensive midfielder, a centre back and a striker. So it's all about the recruitment once again.

2 hours ago, Lowfields1919 said:

Depends - on whether we have crowds back in the stadia - if we do you will kick on I think - and if we sell all three of our most creative players. 

2 hours ago, sgncfc said:

Not sure any of us really thought Leeds would struggle with the signings you made. What has surprised and impressed me is how players like Bamford and Harrison have stepped up. They were very ordinary in the Championship but with better players to support them they have really shown; and Phillips is a class player.

Defensively, you're still very fragile and I/m sure this summer you will make more signings there. Your keeper is very talented but very young and prone to errors and you need more experience there - look at how Martinez has contributed to making Villa solid.

As for us, we'll hopefully go up again, but not sure whether it will be any different. We are tighter defensively but also less clinical going forward. We'll probably spend about £30m this time - £14m is already committed on Gibson and Giannoulis, leaving perhaps £15m for a defensive midfielder, a centre back and a striker. So it's all about the recruitment once again.

Yeah, I think you're going up now, no trouble.

Regarding money to spend (or lack of it) does anybody ever ask where the money goes? It does seem strange considering the amount of TV revenue kicking about.

We have had more than our share of bad owners over the last 2 decades, Bates for example was bleeding the club dry and syphoning off the profits to offshore bank accounts in the Cayman islands, all the while using the match day programme as his propaganda outlet to keep the majority of gullible fans onside.

People said we have spent a lot in the close season, and we did, but importantly it was all accounted for through the revenue streams the Premier league gives you.

Our defence - We strengthened pre season - Koch £13 million, and Llorente £17 million............ Koch has been injured now for the last couple of months, and Llorente made his second start of the season against Southampton, again through injuries.

We have for the vast majority of this season been playing with a makeshift defence which on paper is far weaker than the defence in the championship last season ( no Ben White). This never seems to get highlighted by the media, yet Liverpool on the other hand, its excuse after excuse about their missing players.

Goalkeeper is a position that needs strengthening, the reason for that is our second choice (Casillas) is a massive liability, so all the pressure has been put on the 20 year old lad in goal who has done a brilliant job overall considering the defence crisis mentioned above, think he's just broke some record for clean sheets in the Prem for a 20 year old.

Anyway...... you'll have to probably invest if you go up, if not, why not? where's the money going?

1 hour ago, Lowfields1919 said:

Yeah, I think you're going up now, no trouble.

Regarding money to spend (or lack of it) does anybody ever ask where the money goes? It does seem strange considering the amount of TV revenue kicking about.

We have had more than our share of bad owners over the last 2 decades, Bates for example was bleeding the club dry and syphoning off the profits to offshore bank accounts in the Cayman islands, all the while using the match day programme as his propaganda outlet to keep the majority of gullible fans onside.

People said we have spent a lot in the close season, and we did, but importantly it was all accounted for through the revenue streams the Premier league gives you.

Our defence - We strengthened pre season - Koch £13 million, and Llorente £17 million............ Koch has been injured now for the last couple of months, and Llorente made his second start of the season against Southampton, again through injuries.

We have for the vast majority of this season been playing with a makeshift defence which on paper is far weaker than the defence in the championship last season ( no Ben White). This never seems to get highlighted by the media, yet Liverpool on the other hand, its excuse after excuse about their missing players.

Goalkeeper is a position that needs strengthening, the reason for that is our second choice (Casillas) is a massive liability, so all the pressure has been put on the 20 year old lad in goal who has done a brilliant job overall considering the defence crisis mentioned above, think he's just broke some record for clean sheets in the Prem for a 20 year old.

Anyway...... you'll have to probably invest if you go up, if not, why not? where's the money going?

Well, our accounts are there for all to see. The money mainly goes on wages. Our exec and management at team level are well paid (Webber/Ward/Kensall etc and Team Farke) on results achieved and our players are on a fair old whack for the Champs, plus they all get a big rise on promotion. There ain't a lot left after that and a bit more improvement to the training ground etc. Our owners and Directors don't take much out, despite many of our own supporters accusations.

Last time we actually spent about £15m including loan fees etc (although the press loved to parrot the £750,000 story) but we didn't get a lot for our money. This time we have to be cleverer. We get lots of praise for our recruitment, and rightly so (Pukki, Buendia especially) but we've also had some failures in the last two or thee years which have got less publicity. Our academy continues to produce and there are 4 or 5 now on the fringes of the first team squad who could play a part next year.

And as for injuries not getting highlighted - no one seemed to notice that last year 3 of our 4 centre backs were out for a long time, and the last one (Godfrey) was carrying a hernia for weeks. It happened again this season with our strikers - all 3 injured at the same time. Lots of clubs have problems with injuries but it seems only Liverpool push the PR button on it.

I've enjoyed watching Leeds play this season. Next year will be harder for you. I just can't see Bamford keeping it up (but then they said that about Pukki) and if I was Klopp I'd break the bank to get Phillips off you to replace Wjnaldum or Henderson in front of Van Dijk.

It will be an interesting Summer!

- but 

Afternoon lads and lasses.

Quick bump.

Still waiting for this "Bielsa burnout".

So many on this thread been proved utterly wrong.

Anyway....... how you think you will do next season? 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

Quick bump.

Better than Burnley clearly.

On 26/02/2021 at 12:10, sgncfc said:

At least one person did and bet me £50 they’d go down 😂

16 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

Quick bump.

I think it will be just as difficult as before. Much is made of the lines that...............'we're much better prepared this time', 'we know what to expect' etc. and 'we'll spend more money this time'. Whilst all that might be true, we will need to win FIVE more games than last time to get to the 35 / 36 point mark which is usually what is necessary. That requires scoring goals and (again) I worry that an almost total reliance on one striker (in fact an almost unhealthy obsession with said player) will see us struggle to score. This strategy is seemingly now confirmed by Stuart Webber when he outlined our transfer priorities. If this does turn out to be the case then (once again) our stay in the PL will be another one season only affair.     

12 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

So, that involves not getting relegated then.

Few are safe from that, especially  a team which only managed 10th. this season in the end and at enormous expense.

32 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

Quick bump.

To be fair, they’re usually wrong about lots of things 🤣

• Like 1

Gloating is never a good look.

Next season will be intriguing for both clubs, will Norwich recruit well enough to survive and will Leeds build on this year or go backwards just as Sheff Utd have?

12 minutes ago, DraytonBoy said:

Next season will be intriguing for both clubs, will Norwich recruit well enough to survive and will Leeds build on this year or go backwards just as Sheff Utd have?

There's something in that.

I always include Leeds with Aston Villa and Newcastle. Big clubs from big, big cities and with a  certain amount of decent history who are collectively unable to penetrate the 'big six' for any length of time.

Leicester seem to be making a good shout of it, but somehow I doubt that Leeds will.

Gloating about 10th. place confirms that.

Edited by BroadstairsR

On 03/10/2020 at 19:59, Lowfields1919 said:

No problem mate.

Im probably going to stop posting on this thread from now on to be fair, as it will get very boring very quick.

Only came to counter some of the more ridiculous posts from certain people (who seem to have gone very quiet lately) and try put some perspective out there.

Good point for us today, would have taken that before kick off, especially after the first 20mins where it looked like we were going to get a hiding, but we came back into it and could easily have taken all 3 points by the end.

Very proud of the football this Leeds team are playing.

I have no grudge towards Norwich and wish you well this season.

Lets leave it at that.

🔝

Thought you were going to stop posting?

Surely your season must go down as a failure, all that money spent, you have the "best coach in the world" and you have nothing to show for it other than survival.

You didn't even get an invite to the ESL.

What has the world of football come to, do they not know who Leeds Utd are 🤷🏻‍♂️

I'm pretty shocked by how well they've done this year to be honest. I thought they'd stay up but to get over 50 points is a good achievement. Gives us an idea of what it takes as I honestly think their side that got promoted wasn't any better than our current side. We'll need luck with injuries, pace throughout the side and an unbelievable amount of energy and work rate and like them we could do well.

We'll have to do it on a much smaller budget than them, but the main difference between us and them right now is their pace and energy levels. We'll need to add real, usable pace on the ball next year and up our intensity, the speed of our play and ruthlessness in front of goal and we can do just as well as they have, in normal circumstances I'd say that was impossible with a 20-40m budget but I have faith Webber and the team can pull of some miracles in the window this summer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lowfields1919 said:

Quick bump.

**** me, you are a pretentious **** aren't you? Nothing better to do than post hot garbage on other people's forums? 

What a sad, miserable existence.

I mean how bad must your life be to have to come on this **** tip in the year your team finally get it right?

Edited by Terminally Yellow

1 hour ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

I'm pretty shocked by how well they've done this year to be honest.

They spent £95m! You give that sort of money to Webber and we'd win the league.

10 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

They spent £95m! You give that sort of money to Webber and we'd win the league.

He's already spent £16 million so has only £79 million left, think that's enough?😉

These Leeds fans took a ten year sabbatical from here.

Could the next ten start next season?

Who knows...

2 hours ago, DraytonBoy said:

Boring.

We've had Bielsa burnout firmly put in its place.

So now the new narrative is second season Sheffield United syndrome.

And yes, Leeds will build on this year, and the recruitment will once again be excellent.

Comparing Sheffield Uniteds recruitment of the likes of Ollie McBurnie for more than Leeds paid for Raphinha is laughable, don't even go there, its another losing argument.

Edited by Lowfields1919