It was a good game and Leeds played well, albeit helped enormously by Liverpool having a rare off day defensively. However, much like us at points prior to the lockdown they played well but got nothing, once that keeps happening week after week the moral will inevitably slump. 

Lazy prediction I know, but I can't see past the 3 promoted clubs for relegation, especially the longer they go without their fans, with maybe West Ham fighting it out with them. 

3 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

It was a challenge.

Im up for the challenge.

First game and a loss, here I am.

See you after the next game, because................ Leeds are going down without a doubt. (according to your enlightened support) X

It’s going to be a long season for you lot playing that open. Last night was like watching us a year ago, after a great performance at Anfield which  the result flattered Liverpool we then went on to beat Newcastle and Man City. I doubt you will be visiting here by Xmas 

Edited by Teemu’s right foot

1 minute ago, Teemu’s right foot said:

It’s going to be a long season for you lot playing that open. Last night was like watching us a year ago, after a great performance at Anfield which  the result flattered Liverpool we then went on to beat Newcastle and Man City. I doubt you will be visiting here by Xmas 

Potential for some comedy gold has this thread.

See you after the next game.

Every game I will be back, going to be some glorious egg on face quotes, lol. X

7 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

Potential for some comedy gold has this thread.

See you after the next game.

Every game I will be back, going to be some glorious egg on face quotes, lol. X

Haven't you got better things to do than planning to gloat on another team's forum?

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Haven't you got better things to do than planning to gloat on another team's forum?

Well the challenge was laid down by one of your own.

Fun isn't it.

Some great quotes for ammo so far to be fair.

4 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

Fun isn't it.

My God you are a bore!

CONGRATULATIONS on getting to the PL. 

All this 'Leeds are going down without a doubt. (according to your enlightened support) ' is simply a sign of how big a chip you have on that shoulder. And it's getting boring and repetitive.

Most of 'our enlightened support' couldn't give a toss whether you stay up, get relegated, win the league or disappear up your own backside. 

It is nice to see leeds back in the PL and of course they were once a great club. But your incessant, inferiority complexed muttering and sniping on another clubs forum just highlights what a dullard you have become on the subject.

If you want to chat about the game, of your chances etc, do so. If it's purely to try and obtain leverage each occasion, sod off. 

Lets see where Leeds are after ten games, still a couple of quality players short IMO which could be addressed by the end of the transfer window, definitely missed Cooper at the back.

8 minutes ago, Legend Iwan said:

Some context to last night's game, for those interested in stats

Says it all really 👍. I tuned in in the 20th minute or so and watched up until half time, I don’t think I saw Leeds hold on to the ball for more than 5 passes let alone get it into the box ONCE for Lady Diana so have no idea why there’s meant to be a load of media coverage about this, in that time at least they looked sh1te (have only seen but not read the BBC headline myself on the footie page to be fair). I genuinely think they’re massive contenders for relegation, I’m not saying it to wind that Blowfields dude up on here, but it’s clear they’re still largely a championship team. I really do think it’s quite possible that all 3 promoted clubs will come straight back down again this season, but will be interested to see if West Brom look stronger defensively than Leeds at this level.

I think they'll be alright this year. Unlike most I don't like or dislike Leeds in any particular way, they're just another club to me. They're a very different side to the one we got promoted with though so I don't get the comparisons, our 2019 team and Fulham are much more closely matched. 

Leeds move the ball much better than we did in the middle of the pitch and their playing style is more suited to the EPL than ours was, they also have more experience throughout their team. I'd say on our day we had some better individuals and our attacking movement made us unplayable at times but not many comparisons aside from both teams being champions and both starting away at Anfield. 

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann

Leeds showed a lot of fight, were willing to press hard to cause mistakes, and played well, but were very open at the back. The concern I would have is that Bielsa teams tend to play at such a high speed, and also with a relatively small squad, that if they don't get a good few points on the board early, they may fade away like we did (although not to anywhere near the same extent) as fatigue invariably sets in during what will be a condensed season. 

I can definitely see that side becoming most people's second-favourite Premiership team though, bit like we were last season or particularly Blackpool under Holloway when they were in.

It's a very big if, but if they don't get a stonking old injury crisis like we had, I'd give them a reasonable chance of staying up. Best of luck to them.

7 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Says it all really 👍. I tuned in in the 20th minute or so and watched up until half time, I don’t think I saw Leeds hold on to the ball for more than 5 passes let alone get it into the box ONCE for Lady Diana so have no idea why there’s meant to be a load of media coverage about this, in that time at least they looked sh1te (have only seen but not read the BBC headline myself on the footie page to be fair). I genuinely think they’re massive contenders for relegation, I’m not saying it to wind that Blowfields dude up on here, but it’s clear they’re still largely a championship team. I really do think it’s quite possible that all 3 promoted clubs will come straight back down again this season, but will be interested to see if West Brom look stronger defensively than Leeds at this level.

LOL.

2 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

I think they'll be alright this year. Unlike most I don't like or dislike Leeds in any particular way, they're just another club to me. They're a very different side to the one we got promoted with though so I don't get the comparisons, our 2019 team and Fulham are much more closely matched. 

From what I saw on MOTD Fulham are down. Looked like us after the restart last season.

4 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

can definitely see that side becoming most people's second-favourite Premiership team though, bit like we were last season or particularly Blackpool under Holloway when they were in.

That has to be one of the most cutting comments on here for a while, brilliant.  

10 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Aye, every pundit and neutral who watched the game all said Leeds were outstanding.

Alex Moss on the Norwich forum says they were sh1te.

Alex is right, everyone else is wrong.

Dear me.

2 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

Aye, every pundit and neutral who watched the game all said Leeds were outstanding.

Dear me.

You were clinical.  You created barely anything but took your chances. That's about as positive as it gets.

I thought Rodrigo looked quality for 30m. I thought it was an awful signing but didn't expect him to be on minus 1 goals after the first game ahahaahahahahah

16 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Did you miss the 30th minute where they got it "into the box" for Lady Diana, and Lady Diana scored?

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

You were clinical.  You created barely anything but took your chances. That's about as positive as it gets.

I thought Rodrigo looked quality for 30m. I thought it was an awful signing but didn't expect him to be on minus 1 goals after the first game ahahaahahahahah

ahahahhhahahahhhaahahahahahaaahh

6 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

Did you miss the 30th minute where they got it "into the box" for Lady Diana, and Lady Diana scored?

How many assists do you think Virgil Van Dijk is going to get for Leeds this season? 

11 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

LOL.

Isn't it funny how you only pick up on the negative points and don't get involved in a conversation about the positive stuff said like your fellow Leeds fans on here.

Just now, Thirsty Lizard said:

How many assists do you think Virgil Van Dijk is going to get for Leeds this season? 

Oh come on now, this really is desperation.

5 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

Well you can't claim that Bamford's goal was anything to do with positive play by Leeds can you? It was just a hopeful punt forward that Van Dijk made a totally uncharacteristic mess of. Fair play to Bamford for finishing it off though. 

1 minute ago, Lowfields1919 said:

Dear me.

I've stayed out of this but here's my take, Leeds gave it a good rattle yesterday, quite brave on the ball etc. What seems to have beeen ignored is that Liverpool were definitely NOT on it yesterday. Therefore you have a totally up for it Leeds beaten by a 70% Liverpool who gifted Leeds at least one of their goals, just as we gifted Liverpool one of theirs , first day last season. There is a limit as to how many times (as we proved last season) a team can go out,play an open , attacking style , get beaten and retain self belief.  I dont know where Leeds limit is , but if they carry on in same style , we'll find out soon enough. Fair play to them though for giving it a lash, it'll make for entertaining viewing. I expect high scoring games, whether Leeds can  contribute over a sustained period to those scores, remains to be seen. 

7 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

It's cute how much you care what us Norwich fans think but it doesn't really aid your crusade towards pretending to be a big club

1 hour ago, Lowfields1919 said:

Fun isn't it.

It's going to be tough lowfields, as tough as it gets.  What you will find is that every single team in the division will give you a heck of a match. If you think it was tough getting out of the championship, well this will be twice as tough.  You think you did well yesterday....but you still lost - and that is what matters.  Loser. Beaten. The other team scored more than you. Nil points.

So start acting a bit more humbly until you have achieved something and you might get a bit more empathy.  You got promoted, congratulations, but at the moment you are on no points- and as long as you stay on nil points, you ain't going anywhere.

I quite like Leeds and enjoyed what I saw of them yesterday

But I sure don’t like @Lowfields1919

Looks like you’ve had a massive rush of blood to the head with this gloating. There’s 37 games to go yet mate! Was your performance (not result) that much better than our opening season performance last year? 

We certainly created a hell of a lot more chances than you did, 3 shots on target, 3 goals. 2 half chances and a defensive error. Don’t get me wrong they were class goals, but I don’t think you’ll be able to continue converting goals at that rate for the season. Expected goals of 0.26 and 3 goals scored - I don’t think you can keep that up! 

Credit to your team if you stay up, it’ll be done the right way and you’ll win lots of neutral supporters in the process. What won’t help is your continuous and childish gloating to other fans who predicted a newly promoted side to be relegated (hardly outlandish).

So up to you, if you really want to spend your season of success on here, rather than just enjoying your own football, then I’ll have to say you are a bit of a loser, with some kind of complex.

I suspect if you turn out some bad performances you won’t be back to face the music - it’s easy to enjoy a loss when it’s a good performance and narrow / exciting defeat to Liverpool.

Good luck for the season, but have a think about the image you are creating of your club with these antagonistic and OTT posts. It isn’t a good one.

7 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Good luck for the season, but have a think about the image you are creating of your club with these antagonistic and OTT posts. It isn’t a good one.

TBF, from what I’ve seen, he comes across as one of the more cultured Leeds fans. Hasn’t called anyone a **** yet, which may well be a record.