Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Darmstadt game 1 - OFFICIAL MATCH THREAD

34 minutes ago, Tired said:

So far, impressed by Placheta, Skipp and Dowell

Godfrey and Aarons have been our poorest performers

Quintilla is doing very well too

Are there hints in the pre season team selections that Farke sees Kenny and Skipp as his central midfield duo? he seems to have paired them together a few times now.

personally I’d rather have Tettey there than Mclean or hopefully soon Sorensen plays his way in. 

The great thing about two games and two teams is the competitive element between the two Norwich teams. The next eleven will want to win 

13 minutes ago, NeymarSmith said:

Glad we have another set piece taker bar EMI and mario.

Yes, and he's taken a couple of decent corners as well as the free kick. 

1 minute ago, NeymarSmith said:

It certainly isn't very friendly, but I think Farke is shouting in German "Win this game and you sleep with their wives." But it was a long time ago that I did German, and I got a "U".

Skipp looks class. Seems very tidy on the ball and with his passing - but also very happy to do the grafting and get stuck in when he needs to. 

• Like 1

Just now, HertsCanary93 said:

Skipp looks class. Seems very tidy on the ball and with his passing - but also very happy to do the grafting and get stuck in when he needs to. 

Reminds me of Harrison Reed

10 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

pukki clearly injured, and that run from placheta was in the right place all it needed was a pass

Great to see Teemu score a couple in our pre-season games, but he does still look off the pace - just miskicked when on his own about 8 yards out. 

These new signings look great, If we were about to start a Premiership campaign with these you’d have a lot more hope than last seasons recruits. The only way is up mind and confidence continues to grow building up to the Huddersfield match. 

2 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Great to see Teemu score a couple in our pre-season games, but he does still look off the pace - just miskicked when on his own about 8 yards out. 

Well he's been subbed with 15 to go.  Wonder if he'll come on as a sub in 2nd game.  More to the point is Hugill who replaced him going to start in 2nd game.  Strange.

Edited by shefcanary
mispelling

Imagine how good we would be if we had a defence that didn't look like it was playing on an ice covered lake every time the opponent entered the final third!

It has been yonks since we've looked gritty at the back.

Edited by Cantiaci Canary

Probably the top thing about watching Norwich atm is watching young talent be created and grow. It’s genuinely a joy to watch. I’m more than happy to see them make mistakes and watch them bounce back and do better it’s awesome. More of that nodge!