Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Darmstadt game 1 - OFFICIAL MATCH THREAD

1 minute ago, Chichcan said:

Interesting 

I wander if this is the preferred starting 11 (allowing for injuries in defence)

Cantwell?

Wouldn’t be surprised to see this lineup on the opening day of the season other than Tettey at CB. 

Zimmermann for Tettey and that could be a first-team line-up with Cantwell on the bench for creativity, or quite possibly in Stiepermann's spot, and Emi would probably be where Dowell is.

Stiepermann and Dowell together could be interesting, and it's clear that Pukki likes having Stiepi behind him. Both have some height and strength, whilst Placheta is just bloody fast. I wouldn't be surprised if Stiepi plays Placheta in for low crosses.

15 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Zimmermann for Tettey and that could be a first-team line-up with Cantwell on the bench for creativity, or quite possibly in Stiepermann's spot, and Emi would probably be where Dowell is.

Stiepermann and Dowell together could be interesting, and it's clear that Pukki likes having Stiepi behind him. Both have some height and strength, whilst Placheta is just bloody fast. I wouldn't be surprised if Stiepi plays Placheta in for low crosses.

"Placheta is just bloody fast"

herast.gif

42 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

So take it we will have a different 11 out for the second match?

My oh my you're sharp today.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

My oh my you're still being a bitter, angry old man. How's your heart working? Seems pretty cold.

Not bitter, not angry  , not old , just amazed at your  postingfor the sake of posting....here's a few to consider....." do you think they'll be wearing boots ?" , "has the refs haircut influenced  the game" , " will Farke be wearing a green or black parka today?".  

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Placheta did well with his speed to get it but damn, awful keeping all on the keeper that one

Indeed, but it was some good pressing from the lads to create the error. Need lots of that this season.

OTBC

3 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Glad they've found a pitch today rather than a field.  

Says quite a lot when you look at this pitch, which is somewhat uneven and has quite a few holes and can think "Yeah, this is much better than the last one"

Still confused why they thought playing on that pitch was a good idea

Our defending isn’t exactly decisive! Yes I know it’s a criticism when we’re 2-0 up but Farke did say he wanted to see us concede less chances and they’re spending plenty of time around our box atm.