Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

Is the pink'un at risk?

3 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Would you agree that the weakness in VAR is the human errorĀ element of it?

whats the best way to solve that?

Better skilled operators of VAR.

Also sport science technology in football has created a class of highly-skilled sports scientists. It seems technology not only creates unforseen jobs, but those jobs are also skilled positions.

1 minute ago, Rock The Boat said:

Better skilled operators of VAR.

Also sport science technology in football has created a class of highly-skilled sports scientists. It seems technology not only creates unforseen jobs, but those jobs are also skilled positions.

You are deluded mate. ā€œBetter skilled operators of VARā€

fully automated within 5 years. Easily.

3 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Iā€™m going to have to program a robot to read all that give me a minute. Iā€™m sorry Iā€™ve worried you.

Well I'll judge your programming skills by how good your robot is at agreeing with every word.Ā 

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Well I'll judge your programming skills by how good your robot is at agreeing with every word.Ā 

When AI takes your job it wonā€™t be the career youā€™ll miss, it will be loss of purpose thatā€™ll hurt most.

Theyll have to fund mental health services. You know the guy that works at a place 45 years and then retires and dies a couple of years later? Imagine that on a national scale.

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Doesn't mean it's profitable, and many of their other sites have popular associated print publications like magazines (print is 70 percent of their revenue). There aren't any pink'un exclusive staff are there? The journalists write for edp, evening news and pink'un.

Far larger sites than this have been unprofitable and shut the doors.Ā 

OK, point taken and so I will go a level lower. This forum is 100% profitable, the ad revenue outstrips running costs by a margin and also drives traffic to other Archant sites through posted links etc.

The main Pinkun site as you point out is more uncertain as how the content creators costs are attributed is unknown to me.Ā 

13 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

When AI takes your job it wonā€™t be the career youā€™ll miss, it will be loss of purpose thatā€™ll hurt most.

Theyll have to fund mental health services. You know the guy that works at a place 45 years and then retires and dies a couple of years later? Imagine that on a national scale.

The projected rate of unemployment as a result of covid is approximately the same as the peak in the 1980's.

That's life, countries go through dark times, depressions happen.Ā 

It will be grim for a while, we know that.Ā 

I feel more sorry for school leavers and recent graduates than I do for some bloke who was far too loyal to an employer who was probably d*cking him around and underpaying him for years though. Its common knowledge that job hopping is the best path to higher pay, and that long serving employers end up earning less than new entrants.

People have to get a hobby when they retire to occupy their time, build model train sets or something, tend to an allotment, get a dog. This is nothing new, if you sit on a couch all day you end up dying.... it isn't the lack of purpose which kills them, its the lack of activity. Humans are designed to be active. Inactivity creates dangerous toxins which cause heart attacks, strokes, cancer, etc.Ā 

Plan for a post-work life full of exercise and you'll be fine. Don't get fat, eat well, throw the telly out of that helps. You'll be alright mate, once you find a hobby or two.

Ā 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

3 minutes ago, Attleborough_Canary said:

OK, point taken and so I will go a level lower. This forum is 100% profitable, the ad revenue outstrips running costs by a margin and also drives traffic to other Archant sites through posted links etc.

The main Pinkun site as you point out is more uncertain as how the content creators costs are attributed is unknown to me.Ā 

For some reason on this page right now, I can't see any ads. I have no adblock. So they seemingly aren't making any money from my visit right now.

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

The projected rate of unemployment as a result of covid is approximately the same as the peak in the 1980's.

That's life, countries go through dark times, depressions happen.Ā 

It will be grim for a while, we know that.Ā 

I feel more sorry for school leavers and recent graduates than I do for some bloke who was far too loyal to an employer who was probably d*cking him around and underpaying him for years though. Its common knowledge that job hopping is the best path to higher pay, and that long serving employers end up earning less than new entrants.

People have to get a hobby when they retire to occupy their time, build model train sets or something, tend to an allotment, get a dog. This is nothing new, if you sit on a couch all day you end up dying.... it isn't the lack of purpose which kills them, its the lack of activity. Humans are designed to be active.

Ā 

You have consistently missed the point all the way through this. You can jump around all you like, society is about to change in a way we havenā€™t seen before. This isnā€™t going to be like the telecom boom or the .com boom. Itā€™s going to change everything. Capitalism means if you can save 2p youā€™ll ship it around the world to achieve it. What do you think will happen when you can replace 318,000 lorry drivers with driverless lorries? What happens to 318,000 Lorry drivers? Learn to code? What does that do to society? Thatā€™s 1 job.Ā 

5 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Sounds like he is dying of a lack of purpose.

Iā€™m asking everyone to evaluate if your profession is truly future proof or are you heading for permanent furlough. Iā€™m making preparations now. Are you?

5 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

You have consistently missed the point all the way through this. You can jump around all you like, society is about to change in a way we havenā€™t seen before. This isnā€™t going to be like the telecom boom or the .com boom. Itā€™s going to change everything. Capitalism means if you can save 2p youā€™ll ship it around the world to achieve it. What do you think will happen when you can replace 318,000 lorry drivers with driverless lorries? What happens to 318,000 Lorry drivers? Learn to code? What does that do to society? Thatā€™s 1 job.Ā 

I haven't missed the point, I even know about The Great Reset.Ā 

The point that you are missing The Real Buh is that if nobody has a job there wouldn't be any goods to transport in lorries.

And if UBI is the answer, then you don't need to worry about being the one paying for it if you don't have a job.

Lorry drivers die young because they eat crap food on the road and don't sleep well enough, you seen a typical lorry driver? The size of their bellies? They've probably got a better chance of a quality life on UBI with time to take up painting or dog walking.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

10 minutes ago, Herman said:

Well you're a cheery mother aren't you??

If a storms coming do you make preparations? Just try and be ready, itā€™s not crazy stuff Iā€™m talking about here itā€™s established science.

4 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Iā€™m asking everyone to evaluate if your profession is truly future proof or are you heading for permanent furlough. Iā€™m making preparations now. Are you?

Yes I am, I'm halfway through reskilling in a job which has no prospect of automation in the medium term. That's plan A.

Plan B is a call centre, people won't want to talk to a robot, they didn't even like talking to Indians which is why they brought most of them home.Ā 

Amazing really that there is meant to be such a shortage of jobs yet every call centre in a 50 mile radius of my house is hiring, lorry drivers may not be able to learn how to code but they could probably read a telephone script.Ā 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

I haven't missed the point, I even know about The Great Reset.Ā 

The point that you are missing The Real Buh is that if nobody has a job there wouldn't be any goods to transport in lorries.

And if UBI is the answer, then you don't need to worry about being the one paying for it if you don't have a job.

Lorry drivers die young because they eat crap food on the road, you seen a typical lorry driver? The size of their bellies? They've probably got a better chance of a quality life on UBI with time to take up painting or dog walking.

Again, whoosh.

You think I care about money? I care about suicide rate going through the roof when a large section of the populous donā€™t have a reason to get out of bed in the morning except to stimulate the economy by sitting at home buying stuff on amazon.

Sounds like a nightmare to me.

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Yes I am, I'm halfway through reskilling in a job which has no prospect of automation in the medium term.Ā 

Plan B is a call centre, people won't want to talk to a robot, they didn't even like talking to Indians.Ā 

I hope the second part of that statement was a joke. Call centres with people in them will be obsolete in maybe 2-3 years

54 minutes ago, vos said:

However, just a slight problem. The Government is about to run out of money.

Time to take back the money from those who have it then..

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

Again, whoosh.

You think I care about money? I care about suicide rate going through the roof when a large section of the populous donā€™t have a reason to get out of bed in the morning except to stimulate the economy by sitting at home buying stuff on amazon.

Sounds like a nightmare to me.

They need to get a dog, or an allotment.

Amazing really that somebody with that meme as their avatar is being such a sensitive snowflake.Ā 

Is an increase in unemployment to 1980's level going to be as much as a national crisis as WWI, where those who survived were shell shocked (now know as PTSD) and all ended up on opium and alcholism. Did the nation recover from that?Ā 

Perhaps that's the answer to high unemployment though, WWII did solve the problem of unemployment after the great depression in the 1930's.

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

I hope the second part of that statement was a joke. Call centres with people in them will be obsolete in maybe 2-3 years

Do you read the David Icke forums a lot by any chance?

7 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

If a storms coming do you make preparations? Just try and be ready, itā€™s not crazy stuff Iā€™m talking about here itā€™s established science.

Don't worry. I've been preparing for the oncoming storm for a few years now. A bit of a bigger storm coming but I am reasonably safe.

5 hours ago, BigFish said:

Ā 

Ā 

Is everyone on here a former printer? šŸ™‚

Started apprenticeship 1967 at Jarrolds as a Compositor

Finished 7 years ago after doing graphic design and screen printing for Curver and Keter the plastics manufacturers.

Ā 

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

They need to get a dog, or an allotment.

Amazing really that somebody with that meme as their avatar is being such a sensitive snowflake.Ā 

Is an increase in unemployment to 1980's level going to be as much as a national crisis as WWI, where those who survived were shell shocked (now know as PTSD) and all ended up on opium and alcholism. Did the nation recover from that?Ā 

Perhaps that's the answer to high unemployment though, WWII did solve the problem of unemployment after the great depression in the 1930's.

You cant draw equivalents from previous eras. Tech changes everything. The meme is a trap and you fell for it, congrats m8.

Edited by The Real Buh

8 minutes ago, Herman said:

Don't worry. I've been preparing for the oncoming storm for a few years now. A bit of a bigger storm coming but I am reasonably safe.

Good to hear, seem like some on here are less prepared than others and slightly sensitive about it.

15 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Do you read the David Icke forums a lot by any chance?

Whoā€™s David Icke?

25 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Lorry drivers die young because they eat crap food on the road and don't sleep well enough, you seen a typical lorry driver? The size of their bellies? They've probably got a better chance of a quality life on UBI with time to take up painting or dog walking.

How very dare you šŸ˜„Ā .Ā  I'll have you know I often can be seen munching on a salad whilst parked up in a lay-by.....Although granted that is a very rare sight. Joking aside, you are true many of my fellow truckers can barely get themselves out of their cabs without virtually having a heart attack.Ā  I'm lucky in that a lot of my job is more than just driving, as I load my own vehicles and is fairly phsyical, I wouldn't want a drive only job.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Michael Wynless Jones said:

How very dare you šŸ˜„Ā .Ā  I'll have you know I often can be seen munching on a salad whilst parked up in a lay-by.....Although granted that is a very rare sight. Joking aside, you are true many of my fellow truckers can barely get themselves out of their cabs without virtually having a heart attack.Ā  I'm lucky in that a lot of my job is more than just driving, as I load my own vehicles and is fairly phsyical, I wouldn't want a drive only job.

I honestly wish you the best of british mate

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

I honestly wish you the best of british mate

No worries here mate, my company still use good old pen and paper for deliveries as they can't get a proper intergrated scanning system working, let alone driverless lorriesĀ šŸ˜‚

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Michael Wynless Jones said:

No worries here mate, my company still use good old pen and paper for deliveries as they can't get a proper intergrated scanning system working, let alone driverless lorriesĀ šŸ˜‚

If he had any idea what he was talking about he would know that the only driverless lorries tested in Europe are the 'platoon' types where the front one still has a human driver in the cabin but the two behind that are still each controlled by people remotely from an office.

But he doesn't know what he's talking about, he's a troll. Considering the first trial in the UK was three years ago, and all major manufacturers refused to get involved in the project, its highly optimistic to expect to see these operational in 5 to 10 years.

And job losses with the only type of driverless lorries to ever be tested on UK roads would amount to zero.Ā 

He's either clinically depressed and seeing the negatives in everything or fishing for reactions.Ā