Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

Darmstadt match(es) on Saturday

Hadn’t quite realised we were playing two 90-minute games tomorrow - thought it might be one of those extended efforts but is actually two distinct games, kicking off at 1pm and 3pm our time.

https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2020/august/match-preview-norwich-city-v-sv-darmstadt-98/

Looks like they’ll be covering the game via their YouTube channel; not sure I’ll manage both games!

I guess we might get a few indicators of what might be a starting first XI and a second XI, or will it be mixed?  They’ll presumably want their strongest XIs playing one another?

45 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Hadn’t quite realised we were playing two 90-minute games tomorrow - thought it might be one of those extended efforts but is actually two distinct games, kicking off at 1pm and 3pm our time.

https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2020/august/match-preview-norwich-city-v-sv-darmstadt-98/

Looks like they’ll be covering the game via their YouTube channel; not sure I’ll manage both games!

So another live match to watch on youtube? Alright, go on then

Shame our club seems to not be bothered..

2 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Check your times chum, 11am and 1pm UK time. 

3 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Check your times chum, 11am and 1pm UK time. 

The Norwich article says 1pm and 3pm British Summer Time.

Edited by Darth Vadis

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

Indeed it does - I quoted direct from our main website - clearly says 1 and 3 BST

I'll be happy with that, the bits I've read so far have suggested otherwise. 

👍

20 minutes ago, Number9 said:

I'll be happy with that, the bits I've read so far have suggested otherwise. 

👍

Darmstadt are saying 12 and 2 and as Germany is an hour ahead of us that makes 11 and 1 in the UK. Think the official site might have added on an hour rather than taking it away by mistake. 

Edited by Bethnal Yellow and Green

3 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Darmstadt are saying 12 and 2 and as Germany is an hour ahead of us that makes 11 and 1 in the UK. Think the official site might have added on an hour rather than taking it away by mistake. 

Ah

34 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Muppets!

You could still be right with your timings Mr Pickle, I think those start times make more sense than early starts.

I expect we'll find out soon. 

Tbh they are not my timings, they are from NCFC site - maybe the author got themselves muddled...I suppose the double kick off time maybe doesn't help.

Edited by Branston Pickle

1 hour ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Delia Out!!...........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So what time UK time sorry lads? Friday night beers got me all confused?

Could anyone post a link of the YouTube address please?

Thank you boyo's! I hope we play in our new blue pride of Anglia European champion kit

There’s a link to the Darmstadt YouTube channel in the offy site link above - kick off times seem tbc, either 11 and 1 our time, or 1 and 3.  We find out which it is in the morning!

Edited by Branston Pickle

For what it's worth, Flash Score app is showing the kick off times as 13.00 and 15.00 BST

Edit Bethnals link below shows stream starting at 10.50 so looks like 11.00 and 13.00. 

Edited by dylanisabaddog