Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Away kit revealed- Annnnd it's blue

Oh dear. That must be a mistake like the red and blue seats in the South stand.

No, it is dreadful and I don't get the ongoing need to dedicate things to the NHS.

I assume mockups were presented to the board and marketing. The others must have been shiite.

Incorporating the rainbow symbol and for the hero's slogan, was very respectful as well as a clever marketing strategy for the club. With the right kit, national media praise would've followed. However, the shirt looks nothing like what the pre-release marketing implied it would. Which I don't understand. Nobody outside of Norwich would know this shirt was to celebrate the NHS or Key workers. 

It leads me to suspect the marketing stuff leading up to the release was more of an after thought. I don't think the kit looks too bad, nor am I that bothered how it looks, but I was hoping the club were about to release something that would truly pay tribute as per it's marketing promise. It's almost as if they've just jumped on a bandwagon last minute to boost interest.  

• Like 5

It’s not too bad, I wish the club would run a fan design for the second strip, it would be good to see, as some on here who have put up their design have been really good. 

4 minutes ago, Indy said:

It’s not too bad, I wish the club would run a fan design for the second strip, it would be good to see, as some on here who have put up their design have been really good. 

As others have said, any unusual design that goes beyond a standard template will be far more expensive to produce. It might work if we were a really big club like Leeds 🤣 who sell hundreds of thousands of shirts.

50 minutes ago, Pete Raven said:

Could be worse...

wolves-20-21-away-kit-6.jpg

Half kit, half boob tube.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

As others have said, any unusual design that goes beyond a standard template will be far more expensive to produce. It might work if we were a really big club like Leeds 🤣 who sell hundreds of thousands of shirts.

Expensive for the maker. Because after all, the club get the shirts for free. I just wish someone at the club had a better eye for design and the balls to tell the supplier “No. Not good enough.”

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

That design isn’t a standard shirt design though is it? So the argument of being expensive to produce isn’t true. 

I hear that Brentford sing "Always $h*t on the Old Blue and White" too......when leading QPR. Great if we have to play at BCS - in Blue!

TWTD

"Just goes to prove what we have thought all along they really just want to be us"

"Pays homage to our kit for 40th anniversary of winning UEFA Cup, which is nice of them...."

Give me strength..........seriously, is anyone going to buy this kit at the store?  Well meaning as its theme suggests.

Sorry but I'm really not happy about this. Marketing for weeks about the shirt was BS. How can it be in honour of our key workers but not have a charity link at all. I wasn't expecting it to be all for charity but at least a token gesture. This after putting staff on furlough.  Also it's Blue. Different shade some might say but it's blue. Doesn't look good on the club again. 

As kits go it's actually quite nice imo. Prefer it to the home strip which is too yellow and I don't want to be seen looking like a highlighter pen.

Worst kit combo for years though and I won't be buying either of them.

• Haha 1

50 Shades of Blue......its still frickin' BLUE!  👿🥶 💙👥🦋🍇🧶🌚👕🧥 🔵

This is Yellow...as in 'YELLLLLOOOOWWWSSSS! 🟨

And this is Green as in not Teal,  cyan, navy, turquoise, aqua, midnight blue, sky blue, royal blue, and aquamarine. 🟩

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Right, so you Can have shades of blue but can’t have shades of Green?  Ok.

Yes...Perhaps we might have gone for Mint Green? Lime Green? Pea Green? Olive Green? Army or Military Green? Anything but Sea Green?!

Edited by sonyc

Will you be buying the newly announced Away kit and parading it through the Castle Quarter, Riverside and Morrison's on a Saturday?

3 minutes ago, Foxy2600 said:

Will you be buying the newly announced Away kit and parading it through the Castle Quarter, Riverside and Morrison's on a Saturday?

There won't be a queue apart from the homeless

42 minutes ago, BaltimoreBird said:

Is this the third kit?

Screenshot_20200828-082142.png

Goalkeeper shirt 

• Thanks 1

Blue or any shade of blue has no place on a Norwich outfield shirt. They’ve really missed a trick here, I reckon any ‘rainbow coloured’ theme on a white shirt would have tapped into the whole ‘thank you key workers’ vibe and would (IMO) have sold in big, big numbers even more so if it had been something like the recent well designed mock-ups. Instead of that we have a bland, generic pin stripy thing the binners can mock us about. Having said that if we really ‘want to be just like them’ we really need to get all our tangible assets sold, set about getting relegated to Division 3 and start working on that £100m debt. 

I think both kits so far are really nice. I wonder if the 3rd kit will be in the style of the snazzy training wear we've seen the players and coaches wearing.

1) We've had blue away kits in the past

2) This isn't blue

3) Does it really matter?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Worst kit combo for years though and I won't be buying either of them.

This.

I thought the home shirt was bad enough, but the away shirt is even worse ffs.

I also thought that one of the key reasons of us using Errea was to have more interesting, bespoke designs that both players and fans are proud to wear, however we've got 2 kits which I could find better looking, no-name brand options on Skegness market for a fiver each instead.

It's probably the worst combination of shirts since the mid 90's, yet with supposedly the manufacturer meant to give us the best options.

Bloody awful.

I find I often dont like our new kits when they are released but by Christmas, I've  warmed to them.  Think our first kit is ok this year so will probably really like it as time goes by. The second kit however reminds me of Plymouth or some other no mark lower league side.....dont think I'll ever like it. Maybe we'll  get a white/ Sunbow third kit? The mock ups on here have been very stylish. Shame the pros cant come up with  anything that looks as good. 

5 hours ago, Foxy2600 said:

I hear that Brentford sing "Always $h*t on the Old Blue and White" too......when leading QPR. Great if we have to play at BCS - in Blue!

TWTD

"Just goes to prove what we have thought all along they really just want to be us"

"Pays homage to our kit for 40th anniversary of winning UEFA Cup, which is nice of them...."

Give me strength..........seriously, is anyone going to buy this kit at the store?  Well meaning as its theme suggests.

That "homage to our kit for 40th anniversary ....." is exactly why I'm so angry; it was the first thing I thought!  Maybe its my age, but this is a disaster.  And another string to the bow of my criticism of the club's current PR team.  They have been shocking for the past few months, they need to be given the boot.  Quickly.  🤬😡

• Like 1

Granted this is the only picture I've seen outside of the promo ones, but that is blue as f***.

09E8E6A3-B9A3-481C-9016-F060A87654B8.jpeg

Edited by Darth Vadis

33 minutes ago, Darth Vadis said:

Granted this is the only picture I've seen outside of the promo ones, but that is blue as f***.

That's too blue, especially with the amount of white too!  

Massive PR own goal, who on earth signed this off as a good idea. Along with all the misguided marketing campaign... Disaster. Never in a month of Sundays would them lot down the road have a yellow away kit with touches of green. 

At best this looks like a Wigan shirt... It's not a bad looking shirt but Norwich cannot play in blue and white!!

Edited by Il Pirata

32 minutes ago, Darth Vadis said:

Wow, yeah that’s blue alright. Isn’t there someone on “gaffe-control” in the PR department, particularly after the furore over membership changes. This presumably falls under Ben Kensell’s purview and has to go down as another gaffe.