Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Away kit revealed- Annnnd it's blue

So much hype and potential for this. Talk about an anti climax. Pretty bland and meh looking not going to lie. What happened to the rainbow NHS theme? Did they change thier mind at the last minute?

wut.jpg

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

I think fans saw the rainbow and assumed it would be on the kit - seems it is just the marketing pitch. The club are describing it as 'petrol' coloured which is funny.

I actually quite like it, but was expecting something very different and this will always be a bit of an anti-climax. No possible way they could 'change their mind' on the design though.

"Petrol blue" apparently, which is the official colour of a staff nurse uniform at the NNUH.

Still, blue is always a risky move given those lot down the road.

3 minutes ago, Pete Raven said:

"Petrol blue" apparently, which is the official colour of a staff nurse uniform at the NNUH.

Yep, it's a nice touch that.

But it's just not for me im afraid.

The whole “For The Heroes” thing was misleading as it turned out. Like the campaign around it sure, highlighting that ordinary people are heroes not necessarily footballers, but that could have been done at kit launch. Distracted the build up and this will leave some fans feeling a bit...flat. 

4 minutes ago, Pete Raven said:

Make sense, but still odd they teased the kit with a rainbow only to have it be unrelated to the kit. Either way, can't complain about the NHS getting more recognition. And it's not that bad of an away kit.. I mean, it's not good either but I don't have too many complaints

Can't wait until Errea do one. Blue and white should never be on a Norwich shirt. And before someone says "they were our original colours!", just no...

It's blue. What a PR disaster. The build-up was brilliant, exciting, building attention and positive vibes... but the kit is BLUE.

What the f*ck are the club thinking?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Nice idea to have it the same colour as nhs nurse uniforms and doesn’t look too bad in itself. However, after seeing some of the brilliant rainbow mockups, I’m slightly disappointed. 

• Like 2

I really like that, maybe I'm being color blind but it doesn't look blue to me. Maybe you guys have your settings mixed up or a faulty HDR override is messing up the colours on your screen because there is no way the club would put out a blue kit.

Edit after seeing the monstrosity that Bethnal posted, well... nowadays they wouldn't anyway 🤣

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann

3 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Don't forget this classic. 

image.png.a1709c3141db1cb62dd41bdf94a6ae45.png

You just had to remind me... 🤮

Awful colours aside, are the club making donations to the NHS or charities for key workers? Or is it just a marketing strategy? I'm a little confused.

I think its a disgrace the club have shamelessly promoted this launch using the 'For our heroes' with no actual link to anything except the colour is a little bit like one of the nurse tunics... Which if it was designed to be, then surely they would've mentioned that in the launch article? You might've thought they'd give a sleeve sponsor to a charity, or a small donation per shirt sale at a minimum. 

So to summarise, how is it actually 'For the heroes' apart from using them in a shameless PR move?

And, all that said I actually quite like the kit.

"Never **** on the old blue and white..."

• Like 2

So we're two for two on rubbish kits that are just literally re-releases of kits we've had in the last 10 years then? Both of the new ones being worse than the originals too. I have loved Errea kits for the most part, but if they've run out of ideas then time to go in a new direction, because this year's efforts are nothing more than ****.

NCFC Away Kit 15-16 Norwich City New Alternate Shirt 2015-16 Errea |  Football Kit News

image.png.aab411bff35d5b44b044c12b25693b53.png

7 minutes ago, Michael Wynless Jones said:

No, no, no. Just an terrible top. The white mock up with the rainbow was so much better. Why do fans always come up with better kits than Errea?? 

I think it is because the mock up kits then don't ever have to be manufactured.

How much a kit will cost to be made is primary concern when designing it. Having standard patterns and colours is obviously a lot cheaper than something completely original. This is why Adidas and Nike will just use a template and change the colours - cheaper production means they can offer clubs more money to secure the rights.

1 minute ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I think it is because the mock up kits then don't ever have to be manufactured.

How much a kit will cost to be made is primary concern when designing it. Having standard patterns and colours is obviously a lot cheaper than something completely original. This is why Adidas and Nike will just use a template and change the colours - cheaper production means they can offer clubs more money to secure the rights.

Well they've saved heaps of money this year on the design element too by just rehashing old kits.

This is truly woeful and bland. Probably one of the dullest shirts we've had in recent times. Will probably sell as well as last season's dreadful red away shirt effort.

22 minutes ago, The Engineer said:

I think its a disgrace the club have shamelessly promoted this launch using the 'For our heroes' with no actual link to anything except the colour is a little bit like one of the nurse tunics... Which if it was designed to be, then surely they would've mentioned that in the launch article? You might've thought they'd give a sleeve sponsor to a charity, or a small donation per shirt sale at a minimum. 

So to summarise, how is it actually 'For the heroes' apart from using them in a shameless PR move?

And, all that said I actually quite like the kit.

"Never **** on the old blue and white..."

My question exactly

It's ok....also there's blue and there's blue and this is nothing like the kind of blue that should offend us.  It's more of a bluey green...or greeny blue, whichever way you want to look at it.  If it had been a dark blue, then yes, but this is actually an ok colour imo.

Edited by lake district canary

6 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Well they've saved heaps of money this year on the design element too by just rehashing old kits.

I guess with the whole Errea factory closed for lockdown in Italy, this year might have been more tricky for kit design than most others.

I like the home kit to be honest, was time for a simple one after the overly busy kits from the last few seasons.