Sign in to follow this  
NWC

U23s verses the binners

Under 23s playing the not so noisy neighbours tomorrow in a BCD "Friendly" - should be fun 🙂

I’m sure a few of the senior players (Klose, Tettey etc) have made it clear to the youngsters that friendly or not, it’s Ipswich. Nothing less than a win will do.

Edited by Canary Wundaboy
Autocorrect
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

I’m sure a few of the senior players (Klose, Terry etc) have made it clear to the youngsters that friendly or not, it’s Ipswich. Nothing less than a win will do.

Nope, having a complete brain freeze...... Terry?? 

EDIT: Tettey? 

Edited by Michael Wynless Jones
Clicked....

35 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

I’m sure a few of the senior players (Klose, Tettey etc) have made it clear to the youngsters that friendly or not, it’s Ipswich. Nothing less than a win will do.

Its a nice thought, but more likely they're focusing on building fitness and not getting injured. 

I saw some binner bring a **** the other day as they ‘only’ lost 4-1 to a West Ham side on Tuesday - rather than 4-0 - so while an u23 friendly really doesn’t matter, It does to some!

8 hours ago, NWC said:

Under 23s playing the not so noisy neighbours tomorrow in a BCD "Friendly" - should be fun 🙂

There's no such thing as a friendly against the Binners, first Team, Under 23s even the Under 9s, I'd be demanding victory. No doubt, should they win, they'll claim the ten (eleven?) year run is over and someone will manage to put a clip up on You Tube.

I think they beat us last time right? It goes without saying of course but incase anyone from TWTD is browsing this thread, all of our best young players are either on loan, or in the senior squad, you are playing our under 18's mixed in with a few lads who will never make it at any level there to make up the numbers. I can see two, maybe 3 players in our team who I recognise, most players in both teams wouldn't even get a game from Conference North/South sides. 

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann

5 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

I think they beat us last time right? It goes without saying of course but incase anyone from TWTD is browsing this thread, all of our best young players are either on loan, or in the senior squad, you are playing our under 18's mixed in with a few lads who will never make it at any level there to make up the numbers. I can see two, maybe 3 players in our team who I recognise, most players in both teams wouldn't even get a game from Conference North/South sides. 

Bit harsh on the Norwich team - there are 7 youth internationals in the starting XI - this is the strongest team for the U23s. 

1 hour ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Bit harsh on the Norwich team - there are 7 youth internationals in the starting XI - this is the strongest team for the U23s. 

Maybe, but it's youth football and in all fairness we do have a very young team out, it could easily qualify as an U18's team. You just know if Ipswich beat us they would want to hold an open top bus parade and declare their youth team to be the best in the country and good enough to replace their first team. 

From our youth cup winning team about 5 players are playing league football, Morris in L1, the other 4, Murphy x2, Toffolo and McGeehan are unremarkable players at Championship level. Their u23's are much older than ours, they play at a very low level being below Category 1 status and don't have clubs around Europe queuing up around the block to take their young lads on loan like we do. I was just providing some context in case they get lucky today. 

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And we will it in the last second of extra time. Or in other words, to quote a certain man

"OHHHHHH NO HOW AWFUL WILL WE EVER BEAT THEM?!"

😂

gooooal.png

Bloody brilliant. Well done Nizet!

1 hour ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

in fairness, I went to see Harrogate towns preseason game the other day vs brighouse. I'd take pretty much all of the Norwich U23's at town and thats league 2 level now. The likes of Nizet and Hondermark are really promising players.

3 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Really? By my reckoning our strongest U23s team would contain Aarons, Lewis, Cantwell, Godfrey, Buendia and Idah to name just a few. 😉  

3 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Just kicked off, here is the team sheet.

Is it possible that McCracken will start against Luton?  He is getting more game time. 

Nice to see that Hutchison played, is there any improvement in his condition? 

1 hour ago, curious yellow said:

Is it possible that McCracken will start against Luton?  He is getting more game time. 

Nice to see that Hutchison played, is there any improvement in his condition? 

Please tell me his first name is Phil.

I do have a feeling he will be the keeper for Luton, interesting first team debaut.

• Haha 1

And another binner team hauls its sorry Suffolk **** back over the boarder (pitchforks and all)

And yet they were talked of in absolute awe by the farm hands...... the glorious youth, this sceptred youth

who were to usher in a new era of European domination at poorman road

whereas in reality they are no more than what Cat 1 clubs have not deemed up to it

another season of impoverished failure beckons at poorman road

• Like 1