TIL 1010

A Message From Mrs Trybull.

That's sounding like he might be closing a deal. Hope he's found a decent club back in Germany as he'll probably be a keenly remembered player for us. One who played a good part in that Championship-winning outfit, but unfortunately was one of those who couldn't make the leap up to the Premiership yet also knew his place and helped in the community where he could.

Certainly wasn't due to any attitude issues - a real pro's pro who gave it a good, honest try, put in some excellent performances for us, but found his level. Here's hoping he's well-treated elsewhere. I'd like to see him do a Srbeny and get on with the new team if so.

I have no idea why people would be giving him stick on social media. He came feom absolutely no where and played a pivotal role in our promotion season.

He deserves to go to a decent club. He struggled with the prem but he's a great player.

This is up there with the 'open letter' than Bassong published when he was released. Really shows that they both loved the club and the city. I remember when we signed him that he was a promising player whose career had 'gone off the rails' a little bit, he'd made bad decisions and was playing in the Dutch league (ADO Den Haag, from memory?).

I remember the excitement when his original two-year deal was extended as it became clear he was a rough gem that we'd picked up and polished into an accomplished player. Like many of our squad he looked well out of his depth in the PL, but it's fair to say that his time here really was mutually beneficial.

Good luck, Super Tommy Trybull. You'll always be welcome in The Fine City.

Didn't think he got much stick tbh, seems a very unnecessarily defensive message from her. Didn't she post some anti vaxx guff a while back?

His performance in the away game at Leeds will live long in my memory - he was everywhere that night.

• Like 1

Surely those giving him stick on Twitter are silly 15 year olds!? Why on earth would they give him stick!? Never shown any hint of an attitude problem imo.

By all accounts he is an absolutely brilliant chap (know a couple of people in and around the club).

Of the players to be going I was actually most shocked by him being on that list. Of the players who is prepared to "mix it" he has to be up there in our squad. And yet he also can pass the ball. He may have been found to be a bit short in the Prem but then much of our squad was and he certainly wasn't alone there.

Perhaps he is just a little too much of a bit of both and not quite defensive enough to take over from Tettey. As much as this may disgruntle some, I think I rate him better than McLean.

I certainly hope he goes on to have as much success elsewhere. 

• Like 1

I'm glad I don't do Twitter if idiots are giving him stick on there. Sadly he's clearly reached the time to move on from us, I hope he's found a decent club where he can become pivotal to their success. 

3 hours ago, Yellow and Green said:

I have no idea why people would be giving him stick on social media. He came feom absolutely no where and played a pivotal role in our promotion season.

He deserves to go to a decent club. He struggled with the prem but he's a great player.

But you are not Tom and Anna Trybull. You have no idea what messages they receive across the broad spectrum of social media. I made an angry post a few weeks ago defending Josip Drmic, and I don’t regret it. These are people asked to play for our wonderful club, they make the move in good faith, yet sometimes it just doesn’t work out (in Josip’s case). It is true to say that every club has their fair share of idiots who seem to get pleasure from making said players lives as difficult as possible, but I expect better from City supporters - what fans of other clubs do is irrelevant to me. I don’t like that side of our fan base can seemingly represent us all at times. The stick that Todd Cantwell has got at times really grates me. We should be proud of him. Tom and Anna have not only been great for our club, but our city as a whole. Class acts, personally I wish them the very best in their future endeavours. 

• Like 8

She posted a photo before this one of someone on Twitter saying Trybull has a bad attitude which is why Farke has told him to leave. That’s why it is defensive in tone. Another good reminder that footballers are human and have families so throwing around baseless accusations is an unpleasant thing to do.

I can imagine why Tom (and in extension Anna) might feel upset about how things have gone. He’s been pretty much thrown out of the squad which will always set people off on wild conspiracy theories. 

I do think it is the right time for Trybull to move on and hope he can find a new club soon. I’m not sure whether Anna’s message is a sign a deal has been struck, it seems they moved out of Norwich a while back. 

• Like 2

I never can get my head around individuals who start a hate campaign against people on social media, there is often something wrong with them to be honest. Football is a strange thing to follow bringing supporters together from a broad walk of life in a herd approach having one thing in common the club and even there a very diverging view on how it should be done, way forward etc. Players have short careers, because of transfer fees they can be regarded by some as almost a lump of meat to be bought and sold rather than people and by and large the successful ones, indeed bang average to poor ones talent wise are very well rewarded in a way most normal people who form the supporter base can never relate to. To me talent is one thing, personality is another. Some very talented individuals can be not so nice people and some bang average players can be very good people, it is a mix. In my honest opinion Tommy Trybul is in the latter category, by all accounts he sounds a very good human being with lots of positive characteristics. His football for me has always been very ordinary albeit when i have seen him he has always given 100 %, level of ability is not his fault our club chose to sign him and for the most part he has not been on stella wages and did not cost a transfer fee. He has made a positive contribution both on and off the pitch and i thank him for that and wish him all the very best going forward, he is quite possibly one of those average players but strong characters who could go on to have a successful coaching career later in life who knows, i wish him all the very best for the future

Edited by Yorkshire Canary

6 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

A nice message.

Biggest surprise is that Tilly is on Insta. 👍

Possibly, if one knew what Insta was, but the real point here is that Tilly is going to need a round-the-clock support group well versed in heavy-duty bereavement counselling to help him cope with this looming loss.

• Haha 1

It's a big call by Daniel to shift him on. 

He wasn't dreadful at any point in the prem (perhaps bar Southampton), and he single-handedly controlled dozens of games for us over two seasons in the championship.

There'd be no reason to assume he couldn't replicate that form this season, so I hope whoever takes his place is up to the task, because they are some pretty big boots to fill at Championship level.

16 minutes ago, Orly said:

It's a big call by Daniel to shift him on. 

He wasn't dreadful at any point in the prem (perhaps bar Southampton), and he single-handedly controlled dozens of games for us over two seasons in the championship.

There'd be no reason to assume he couldn't replicate that form this season, so I hope whoever takes his place is up to the task, because they are some pretty big boots to fill at Championship level.

Agree with this. He was awesome next to Leitner against Newcastle last season too, a point in which we looked like we we're going to really do well. 

With a more mobile creative player next to him, he's a near perfect partner. I'd rather him than Mclean and Tettey in the CDM role.. I suppose Skipp is his replacement. 

Cracking pro, and a very decent, all be it limited, footballer. 

Quite AnnaTomical.

If a player isn't good enough then so be it, they move him on. Tom knows that. He replaced someone else in the team.

But Social Media (yes I know I'm using it here) can be outrageous and disgusting and just a cowards way of dealing with their own hang ups.

What happened to letters to the Editor?

I think he could have been treated a bit better by the club rather than just dumped

also we are losing one of the best wags at the club to pour salt into the wound 

Sad to see Tommy T go, big part of the team in the promotion year. Think he and Anna showee their class with how they went about things and helping charities in Norwich.

I have read around (obv I've no way of actually knowing) that as they are starting a family they would prefer to be in Germany for family reasons. I don't think anyone can do him for that, if anything, again shows he is a decent person.

I get we went down, but I feel it's unfair to say he isn't good enough as ultimately it wasn't just him but the squad as a whole that got relegated. I'd say there are certainly players who played worse than trybull.

Anyway , sad to see him go and we wish them the very best I am sure.

In the cup game at Preston he was miles ahead of everyone (even Idah, despite the goals) and totally controlled the game. I was quite surprised at how good he actually was in that game. I know it was only the cup but he was very good. There is no doubt he is a good footballer, if he was more mobile / bigger / stronger, then I am certain that he would have played significantly more in the Premier League for us. Good luck to him.

Everyone on here saying it was a call made by farke/the club, we don't actually know that do we? It could be that with starting a family and everything that's gone on this last 6 months he wanted to find a club closer to home as people are quick to point out with other players, some players value other things above money/football...

I must admit I was surprised Norwich let Trybull go as he did a decent job in The Championship. 
Trybull was too slow and weak for the PL but I’d rather have him in the team than Kenny. 

I wish the Trybull’s all the best in the future and thank you for being apart of the wonderful promotion season. 

11 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

A nice message.

Biggest surprise is that Tilly is on Insta. 👍

Only for perving purposes

• Haha 1

I think the reason he is going is that the club view both Sorensen and Skipp as upgrades, certainly in the long term. So then it would become a shootout between Tettey and him, with the club likely to get a greater return for Trybull, plus I suspect Tettey would be more willing to be sat on the bench.

6 hours ago, cornish sam said:

Everyone on here saying it was a call made by farke/the club, we don't actually know that do we? It could be that with starting a family and everything that's gone on this last 6 months he wanted to find a club closer to home as people are quick to point out with other players, some players value other things above money/football...

Bit of both I think. I've read the club is fairly open with it's players so Norwich would have given him the impression of where he stands which is a valued squad player, but surplus to ambitions. Trybull easily could have sensed this without a discussion anyway and maybe prefer continuing on his career in Germany.