Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Ben Chilwell moves to Chelsea- Lewis to leicester on then?

I think that was one of the 'add-on's

We get one of Chelsea’s youth players as part of the deal - and Cantwell moves to Newcastle in a player plus cash swap for Jacob Murphy (gloves and headbands not included), with both Trybul and Leitner to appear in a remake of Auf Weidersen, Pet

They want the Ajax player whose name I always try and pronounce and end up calling him a type of pasta because I'm a bit of a moron when it comes to names.

Edited by TheGoogler

Sounds like the latest Italian scooter

otherwise known as el terrifico

It seems that clubs are looking abroad First , i think our Valuations has put off some clubs ,

i still think Lewis will be going to Leicester i am sure Maddison would give his manager a glowing Reference ( if they got on that is ? ) 

18 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

It seems that clubs are looking abroad First , i think our Valuations has put off some clubs ,

i still think Lewis will be going to Leicester i am sure Maddison would give his manager a glowing Reference ( if they got on that is ? ) 

I think even compared to other English clubs our valuations are high. A lot of other English clubs will have bigger financial holes to fill so would be more likely to negotiate. We don't have to do that, so our players will move down a lot of priority lists I reckon.

They may still feel they can get better value than Lewis for £20m. I'd say that if we can get £15m plus add-ons that'd be a reasonable return in the current market.

16 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I think even compared to other English clubs our valuations are high. A lot of other English clubs will have bigger financial holes to fill so would be more likely to negotiate. We don't have to do that, so our players will move down a lot of priority lists I reckon.

I agree, and to switch it round, if we were Leicester and had just received 45m, would we spend 20-25m getting Lewis in? I don't think I would. I think he's a good player and I wouldn't want to sell him for less than 20m but despite not being logical, I equally wouldn't spend 20m+ on him as a buying club! I know that I'm not making sense...

2 hours ago, Bill said:

Sounds like the latest Italian scooter

otherwise known as el terrifico

Mrs KG just bought the latest Japanese scooter, the Ichifani.

latest ?

that came out in the early seventies

the joke that is, not your wife's.....

I do like Lewis, but if we had to part with one of the "5" young talents I would chose him. Especially as we have Quintilla, Byram and McCallum at LB now as well. 

• Like 1

Poor old (young he's 30) Danny Blind collapsed in a pre season friendly yesterday. Thankfully he's ok but has an underlying heart condition. I wonder if the rumour Lewis to Ajax will surface again.

Kinda hope he does move tbh, bit of a weird one.

I like Lewis, but we have 2 great left backs in to replace him already and if losing Lewis means we keep one of the other big 5 then I'd rather that.

Plus I like Leicester as a club and it would be a great move for Lewis compared to Liverpool reserves.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

I like Lewis, but we have 2 great left backs in to replace him already and if losing Lewis means we keep one of the other big 5 then I'd rather that.

I'm with you on that 👍

1 hour ago, spencer 1970 said:

I do like Lewis, but if we had to part with one of the "5" young talents I would chose him. Especially as we have Quintilla, Byram and McCallum at LB now as well. 

31 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Kinda hope he does move tbh, bit of a weird one.

Plus I like Leicester as a club and it would be a great move for Lewis compared to Liverpool reserves.

I echo these sentiments. Whilst he's obviously a top player at this level, we're well stocked in his position and his sale basically funds our entire incoming market this summer. £15m plus add-ons and I'd be satisfied.

I think he's the most likely to go, given he's now a fully fledged international and premier League experienced player. Leicester will come back with a higher offer if they want him that badly, they've certainly got cash to spend now. 

Has Lewis actually featured pre season yet?

If Lewis was the same player and played for Bournemouth, hands up who would get excited if we were about to sign him for £20 m

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Poor old (young he's 30) Danny Blind collapsed in a pre season friendly yesterday. Thankfully he's ok but has an underlying heart condition. I wonder if the rumour Lewis to Ajax will surface again.

Danny Blind is old. Daley Blind on the other hand... 

9 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

What Lewis to Ajax rumour? I think someone on here said it as a joke, but there has never been an actual link that I know of.

If it happens Leicester would be a good move for him and he should get plenty of game time to see how good he really is in a better side and he will get a contract that sets him up for life. Norwich will get a very decent return on a player that we have developed but cost us nothing in the way of fees, it may not be as high as £20m but  more than £10m and i am sure that that money can be put to very good use in a variety of ways to take our club forward in very difficult times, when the loss of income from gate receipts cannot be underestimated

• Like 1

So the fee for Ben Chilwell is £45 million. That would be the same Ben Chilwell who Max Aarons absolutely took to the cleaners when we played Leicester last season. If Chilwell is worth £45 million there's no way I'd be accepting anything less than £25 million for Lewis. 

2 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

What Lewis to Ajax rumour? I think someone on here said it as a joke, but there has never been an actual link that I know of.

Yeah, that was me, and it was a joke. 

But it's spreading already and it's probably no more ridiculous than how some rumours start out.

Let's run with it.

10 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Yeah, that was me, and it was a joke. 

But it's spreading already and it's probably no more ridiculous than how some rumours start out.

Let's run with it.

Its a good laugh as a rumour but my cloggy friend and Ajax fan has categorically stated that no way would Ajax buy from England..... too expensive for level of quality.  Would be even funnier if he was wrong. Can't see it though.