A Load of Squit

Official Dynamo Dresden Matchday Thread

4 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Poor Josh Martin is going to have a headache the amount Farke is giving him.

It's good to see Much rather he be on their case and barking orders, I'm sure we remember during the last few games of the Prem him just standing or sitting around silently and ignoring the players during the water breaks

Godfrey looks hesitant to play it to Quintilla. Also, Quintilla doesn't drop back into the hole quick enough. 

The more I watch the more I think how unsuitable the pitch is.  The pitch back at the hotel would have been a better surface.  Its enough we're getting hacked like their number 26's tackle on Pukki just then.  But then the jungle of a pitch!  Could have got someone to go over it with a lawnmower!

1 minute ago, lharman7 said:

Godfrey looks hesitant to play it to Quintilla. Also, Quintilla doesn't drop back into the hole quick enough. 

Wow I get to quote what I have been told during these friendly matches

"ITs A fRIenDlY Who CarES"

2 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

You definitely need to go to Specsavers not 'Secsavers', they sound like they offer a completely different service. 😀

Somebody’s taken the p

7 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Poor Josh Martin is going to have a headache the amount Farke is giving him.

Was about to say this, he seems to be getting the majority of Farke's attention. Not sure if he is just more in the firing line playing on the wing where Farke is standing or if Farke feels he needs to coach him a little more than the others? Maybe a bit of both. Either way I think Josh will enjoy the second half when he's on the other side of the pitch..

I particularly enjoyed 'Josh - awake' when their keeper had the ball, readying Josh for the press.

44 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Ah, makes sense. Still, shame was happened to East German football. Hell, East Germany in general, fall of the wall was supposed to help them out but still very blatent money issues, even more so if you compare them to the rest of Germany.

No East German football teams in the top German tier as of now either, and both Dresden and Rostock have ended up in the third tier and suffering major issues both on and off the field (rostock played in the top tier for over a decade)

Really is a shame that most of East Germany has been left to rot by the rest of Germany

Dresden's stadium is a good one, it was totally rebuilt about fifteen years ago. Some parts of eastern Germany have rebounded quite well such as eastern Berlin, Dresden and Leipzig on the whole, and there could be an argument for the Spreewald and Harz regions, and possibly the Baltic islands (the last three are major tourist destinations within Germany). Other parts are much more remote and it's passed them by a lot, indeed my old home town of Guben was a prime example. Population of that place has shrunk by about a third since I was living out there in 2000/1.

I'll have to politely correct you on "no East German football teams in the top German tier as of now" line. RB Leipzig are an eastern German side and Union Berlin would also be a side from the old East Germany if the old borders applied as they are based in the eastern suburb of Köpenick. Rostock did indeed play in the top flight for over a decade, Cottbus were there for a few seasons under the infamous Eduard Geyer (who was the last manager of the old East Germany team) and indeed famously beat Bayern Munich 1-0 at Cottbus' ground (I was fortunate enough to be there to watch it).

In case anyone's wondering, Hertha BSC Berlin don't count as an old East German side as they are based in what was West Berlin. 

Crikey, Cantwell tracking back and putting a foot in to stop them breaking clear.  Maybe he has learnt more than TikTok dance moves last season.😁

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Wow I get to quote what I have been told during these friendly matches

"ITs A fRIenDlY Who CarES"

Huh?

3 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Mumba looks good on the right, brought the ball out well a few times and certainly doesn't look small or weak as some worried he might be. 

Looked pretty speedy too, caught up with an attacker very well

Really liking the look of Skipp in there too. Looks like we have a bit of much needed steel in the middle.

Steipi accidentally lashes it into the face a very large German opponent who promptly goes down like a sack of the proverbial.

Moments later Steipi is upended..... ref says play on.

Its getting agricultural out there- but then again we are playing in a ploughed field.

16 minutes ago, lharman7 said:

Reluctant is an understatement!

Just now, Bonzo said:

Steipi accidentally lashes it into the face a very large German opponent who promptly goes down like a sack of the proverbial.

Moments later Steipi is upended..... ref says play on.

Its getting agricultural out there- but then again we are playing in a ploughed field.

To be fair I wouldent wand to farm anything on that pitch doubt it would grow

Very good assist but how Stiepermann isn't ahead of Trybull and Leitner for the push i have no idea.    His touch and passing generally is shocking!   Can't even blame the pitch as its no different whether at Carrow Road or The Etihad!    He's poor in the tackle, wins nothing in the air... Literally gives up possession at will.

Quintilla looks pretty lightweight too.

Martin and Cantwell showing well for the ball and trying to get some intricate play going but how that pitch was allowed, no idea.  

At some point the players will stop kicking each other and start kicking the ball.

Mind you with the way the ball is bobbling around out there and with the size of some of those players the ball is by far the harder target.

In truth (and on condition no one gets hurt) Im actually not too upset about a tractor field for a pitch. Going to have a few like that next season no doubt, best show we can mix it if we need to!

2 minutes ago, Bonzo said:

At some point the players will stop kicking each other and start kicking the ball.

Mind you with the way the ball is bobbling around out there and with the size of some of those players the ball is by far the harder target.

From the ref and linesman being blind, the pitch being one of the worst I have seen (Nevermind the lines being off and clearly not straight he pitch has more holes than a block of chedder..) and the Dynamo players being lighter than air and falling to the floor dead anytime a slight gust of wind touches them..

Don't think we have done too badly

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

From the ref and linesman being blind, the pitch being one of the worst I have seen (Nevermind the lines being off and clearly not straight he pitch has more holes than a block of chedder..) and the Dynamo players being lighter than air and falling to the floor dead anytime a slight gust of wind touches them..

Don't think we have done too badly

I think the reason they're called dynamo is that if the groundsman stops peddling, the lights go out. 

It's a good thing we're playing them daylight hours.

1 minute ago, Bonzo said:

I think the reason they're called dynamo is that if the groundsman stops peddling, the lights go out. 

It's a good thing we're playing them daylight hours.

A good joke, but dare I say thats not their home ground, and the real one is actually quite impressive for one of those bowl styles.

1 minute ago, birchfest said:

A good joke, but dare I say thats not their home ground, and the real one is actually quite impressive for one of those bowl styles.

Indeed, to give them credit their home stadium is pretty fantastic and has an amazing atmopshere when the fans are there

dtes.jpg