Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Messi to Leeds

9 hours ago, Jerrykerry said:

You joke, but Leeds have shown more intent in one signing than we did with all ours on going up. 

What, Rodrigo??? He's the epitome of the bang average vastly overpriced modern footballer. Absolutely appalling signing for that amount of money. 

12 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

Jesus christ 🤣🤣🤣. This is something else, why do Leeds feel that they are a massive club and that the fat spy is such a great pull for messi 😂😂😂

Messi loves Bielsa, that is a pretty well known fact. Messi has asked Barcelona to hire Bielsa pretty much every time they have changed coach and stated it again this summer, But Bielsa always says that he doesn't want to manage Barcelona as there are far too much politics involved in the club.

Obvious Messi won't go to Leeds, but Messi wanting to be coached by Bielsa is a thing.

17 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

This is something else, why do Leeds feel that they are a massive club and that the fat spy is such a great pull for messi

The draw of a proper cup of tea, a visit to the Emmerdale Studio Experience and a nice game of grigget could just swing it for him. 🤔

Apples

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, hogesar said:

In terms of delusional fans, they are right up there. Theres tons of examples online, just one below to get started. 😂

Screenshot_20200825-225837_Twitter.jpg

It's a bit early in the season to start an account to say that Leeds are F'ing up, they haven't had anything to F'up yet. I wonder how 'theatrical' Messi is, maybe he'll move and get himself a part in Emmerdale?

He's going to Inter Milan isn't he?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

I'm not trying to disagree for the sake of it, but I am genuinely curious where that extra income will come from (i.e. the cash that is over and above what, for example, Fulham will turn over)? That's a lot of extra shirt sales.

Leeds have just signed a five year kit deal with Adidas and have a new shirt sponsor, last year shirt sales were close to 150K and this year will be over 250K perhaps more.

Increased shirt sales results in very little additional profit for clubs. Shirt deals work on the manufacturer paying a fixed fee to produce the shirt, the manufacturer then takes around about 90% of the profit generated by shirt sales.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/premier-league-transfer-news-epl-cristiano-ronaldo-shirt-sales-fee-net-worth-contract-how-long-a8456191.html 

• Thanks 1

I believe the Leeds Adidas deal incorporates bonuses based on numbers of shirts sold and also if they stay in the PL for the full five year term.   

3 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

I would like to see how Messi could perform in the EPL. No question an obscenely talented player but could he handle the physicality of the league? 

Personally I'd like to see him go somewhere like a Leeds and give something back to the game as he's got so much money he probably doesn't know what to do with it.

*Problem with the UK is that he'd be paying an awful lot of tax!*

Or, you know, no tax at all. He's probably setting up a bank account for his goldfish as we speak. 

35 minutes ago, DraytonBoy said:

I believe the Leeds Adidas deal incorporates bonuses based on numbers of shirts sold and also if they stay in the PL for the full five year term.   

Definitely best not to spend the putative bonuses then. 

It says on wiki (so it must be true) that he earns £26m a year and that he's 33 now. Can't really see anyone giving him that on a 4 year deal once they study the video of how Bayern quite easily stopped him playing.

Let's not forget that Juventus paid €100m for Ronaldo at 33 and gave him a four-year contract worth around €55m a season gross- although they are said to be regretting it due to the astronomical costs.

Messi is clearly in the same bracket, so it wouldn't surprise me to see someone go for it. I could see Inter setting up some sort of part exchange with Lautaro Martinez going the other way- which would be a great deal for Barca given the age difference.